Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
McGee starting is interesting. We should be a MUCH better rebounding team this year. Defense should still be really good, maybe better. It will be nice to have an actual shot blocker for once.

However, if you really wanna go with a "big" lineup with Wood at the 4, I'd rather see Maxi instead of McGee. With Maxi camping out on the 3 point line, I feel like Wood would absolutely feast on lob passes from Luka. McGee gives you almost nothing on offense outside of lobs and easy dunks. He's basically Powell on offense but at least can still protect the rim and rebound. I feel like he'll clog the paint and hinder Wood's effectiveness on the pick and roll, since Luka will have to split between the two of them.
McGee is a great bench player. He should not be starting on a contender in this league. I watched him last year with the Suns...his worst games came when he started for Ayton. He'd suck and then guys like Biyombo would come in and look better than him at times. But he would crush off the bench.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote