Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-28-2002, 12:39 PM   #1
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Ten Things You Might Not Know About Steve Nash

By Randy Kim
1. Steve Nash plays guitar. While Nash has never taken lessons, he likes to "jam with friends." He plays all kinds of music, but would never describe himself as a virtuoso. In his mind (ears), he's still got some room to grow as a musician.

2. When told that his hair was voted third best in an NBA.com poll (behind Allen Iverson and Moochie Norris), Steve joked that his hair would probably also be voted third-worst in the league as well.

3. The Mavericks point guard is proud of his team's carefree, up-tempo style of basketball. "People are always coming up to me saying, 'We love to watch you play, you guys are fun to watch,'" says Nash. "After the way the NBA has gone up and down in popularity in recent years, it feels good that people really like our style of play and the way we're playing."

4. Steve went to St. Michael's University High School in British Columbia, Canada. St. Michael's was a rugby school while Steve was there, but it's since become known as a basketball school as well.

5. According to Steve's Web site (www.stevenash.net), his favorite band is Radiohead.

6. Steve on being a Canadian in the NBA: "My path is not typical of an NBA player. (Making it as a pro) is achieveable, and that's the lesson, that things are attainable." ... Steve on being a Canadian at the 2002 All-Star Game: "It's great to be here. Being Canadian's not bad either."

7. Talk to Steve and you'll find his voice sounds quite a bit like actor Val Kilmer's in "The Doors".

8. Nash felt a sense of displacement at being named an All-Star in 2002. "It's strange being in that back room with all those guys," Nash said after spending time in a back room with the other All-Stars waiting for media availability to begin. "To be one of them is a little weird. I think I'll feel like I belong a lot more when we get out on the court."

9. Nash is an avid soccer fan. His favorite club is Tottenham Hotspurs of the English premier league. Steve's father played professional soccer in South Africa and England, and his brother Martin played in England's first division and for the Canadian national team.

10. Steve thinks Michael Jordan deserves everyone's respect for overcoming all of his doubters in his most recent comeback: "For him to be the key to the Wizards' transformation is really no surprise when you think about it now, but it's something you didn't see at first."

Old 02-28-2002, 02:05 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Great notes on Nash. I for one see him as a well grounded classy individual who plays hard every second he is on the floor. His work ethic reminds me of Bill Bates and Rusty Greer.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote