Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default Josh Smith staying in Atlanta?

I thought this was big enough for it's own thread, because it's basically the last big free agent hopeful we were after. Looks like it isn't happening.

Quote:
Josh Smith To Re-Sign With Atlanta?

Posted: 7/31/2008 3:41:00 AM
Source: Newsday

I'm told Josh Smith isn't going anywhere, by the way. He'll eventually sign there, it's a matter of how long of a committment will Atlanta agree to make with him. Dude is an amazing athletic talent with a ton of potential, but I don't believe he's someone you build around. You build with him, yes. But he's not a centerpiece at this point of his career.
Now mind you this is just hoopsworld so feel free to take it with a grain of salt. But it's time to realize that we're going in with the team we have now. We spent this summer desperately hoping Jermaine O'neal would come to us, then Maggette, then Artest and now Smith. It just isn't happening, sadly. The F.O. was serious when they said they weren't trading Josh Howard. And teams don't appear to be all that interested in Stack/Bass or similar offers.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-01-2008 at 01:31 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Nice. Josh Smith doesn't come to the Western Conference, let alone the SW Division.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-01-2008 at 01:57 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote from his agent in a recent article:

Quote:
"We don't feel like there has been much difference in our conversations from July 1 until now," Wallace Prather said Thursday. "But I'm optimistic that in the end what is best for Josh is what will happen."
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ign_evans.html
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

HORSE FEATHERS!

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-01-2008 at 02:01 PM.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
I won't quote profanity anymore
My thought exactly.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-01-2008 at 02:02 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^LOL, someone is clocked in!!
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this is old news and Smith's agent says there has been no progress so....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Did you guys believe he was making his way to Dallas? There is always hope I guess. I never thought Artest would end up in Houston and told people it wasn't happening. You never know.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the gloating never gets old from Houston fans. Im so glad Houston posters think its fun posting on the Mavs board.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The subtle digs...the softly spoken backhanded compliments...the gentle mock encouragement. You gotta love it.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Ah the gloating never gets old from Houston fans. Im so glad Houston posters think its fun posting on the Mavs board.
use the ignore feature =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
But it's time to realize that we're going in with the team we have now.
I think Howard just killed all potential value he once had.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:23 AM   #12
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
mos5t or my posts here arent even about basketball. im mostly in the off topic parts.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #13
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

From the Atlanta-Journal:

Quote:
Neither side appears to be interested in budging from the positions they’ve assumed on the matter, so I can’t imagine we’re headed for anything other than a Mexican standoff (a situation in which no one can emerge as a clear winner, for those of you not familiar).

We certainly won’t see a quick resolution.

The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting a bit brighter. Hopefully Cuban and Donnie have changed their stance on trading Howard (even if his value has gone down).

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-02-2008 at 08:53 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #14
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah but Atlanta may turn down J-Ho with the current wreckless driving charges plus the marijuana comments, they may just not want him. If the GM trades Josh Smith for him and he doesn't pane out the GM is probably on the hot seat.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

You never know-- they love their NASCAR in Georgia. He could be a dual-threat
Old 08-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby

I think Howard just killed all potential value he once had.
by getting a trumped up speeding ticket? Come on...

its all about what he can do on the court....which is also in question.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 08-02-2008 at 02:25 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #17
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Any sightings of Smith in Dallas?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #18
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I had almost gotten over this!! DAMNIT
Old 08-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #19
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

I still hope, Atlanta don't pay for Smith and Smith want perform a trade. The Hawks have Williams, so Josh isn's the deal, eventually:

Bass/Stack/Terry/09 First Pic for Smith/Claxton..

Josh can play SG or trade to the Bulls, '76 or Clippers..

Also an old champion think so:
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...has-close.html

Last edited by mbaur; 08-07-2008 at 10:01 AM.
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

HEY!!!!! :I
Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You never know-- they love their NASCAR in Georgia. He could be a dual-threat
Underrated line
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
The Hawks have Williams, so Josh isn's the deal, eventually:
Yah, and they also lost Childress...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:41 AM   #23
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hawks match Grizzlies offer sheet for Smith
Aug. 8, 2008
CBSSports.com staff and wire reports

ATLANTA -- Josh Smith will remain with the Hawks after Atlanta quickly matched an offer sheet from the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday.

Advertisement

"Tonight, the Hawks organization received an offer sheet from the Memphis Grizzlies for Josh Smith," Atlanta general manager Rick Sund said in a statement. "We are happy to announce that we will match their offer sheet.

"Ownership, management and the team are happy to have Josh return as a member of the Hawks."

Terms were not immediately disclosed.

The Grizzlies announced earlier in the day that Smith, a restricted free agent, had signed the offer sheet. The Hawks had seven days to match the offer.

The Hawks drafted the 6-foot-9, 235-pound Smith out of high school in the first round in 2004.

Smith averaged 17.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.8 blocks in helping the Hawks make the playoffs last season.
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10924172

<Front Office>: Let's flush it all down the toilet one more time and see if it all goes down! (aka "we like our team")

<Me>: Shaq-FU CK-Cologne

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-09-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #24
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

lets come to us~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsX, come in here and say "damnit horse"
Old 08-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Damnit horse!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #27
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Damnit horse!
You're not MavsX! (or are you?)
Old 08-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #28
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Here he comes to "...." the daaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote