Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-26-2018, 01:55 AM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT Game 49 - Mavs (16-32) vs Blazers (26-22) 7:30pm FSSW

Last game in this 3-game homestand, let's make it 1-2 before we take this tank on the road.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@EarlKSneed: Per @MavsPR, Seth Curry (stress reaction, left tibia), Dorian Finney-Smith (left knee quadriceps tendinitis), Devin Harris (personal reasons) and Nerlens Noel (left thumb surgery) are all out for the @dallasmavs vs. Portland. #DALvsPOR

Old 01-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid we'll win.

At this point, I'm going to assume that Noel, DFS, and Curry are never going to play another game. I assume Devin's "personal reason" is that he likes winning and we can't have that.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-26-2018 at 10:10 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Fyi the Mavs will be wearing their new green/black city jerseys tonight.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Fyi the Mavs will be wearing their new green/black city jerseys tonight.
Someone needs to invent a mute button for the eyes... I hate those jerseys.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Someone needs to invent a mute button for the eyes... I hate those jerseys.

They’re not as bad as these though! Lol
Old 01-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Another guards go ham on us game. Give us more lossss

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Call me old fashioned, but I'll always love the 1993 jerseys the best; especially the old school logo with the cowboy hat a top a basketball. I have a Mavs t-shirt that basically just has that logo on it, and every time I wear it someone stops me & says cool shirt. Never understood why we went away from those jerseys.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Call me old fashioned, but I'll always love the 1993 jerseys the best; especially the old school logo with the cowboy hat a top a basketball. I have a Mavs t-shirt that basically just has that logo on it, and every time I wear it someone stops me & says cool shirt. Never understood why we went away from those jerseys.
Yeah, Mark Cuban is always wearing that logo too... Don't know why they don't bring it back.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Love the M-hat
Old 01-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The m hat went out of style for a while but nostalgia and throwback has made it cool again for sure. It should stay in history though. They'd just do some stupid update on it to ruin it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:59 PM   #12
Me.B

Quote:

You’re talking about the old school green uni’s right? Those were my favorite.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #13
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
You’re talking about the old school green uni’s right? Those were my favorite.
I know which jerseys you're talking about. I saw an article about each NBA team's best retro jersey, and they had the original Mavs' road green unis with the M hat logo on the shorts for Dallas. I really like those too, but I'm talking about the jerseys they switched to in 1993. Very basic, but very classic white & blue with green trim around the lettering. It's the jerseys Jason Kidd & Dirk wore their rookie seasons with the Mavs.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
I know which jerseys you're talking about. I saw an article about each NBA team's best retro jersey, and they had the original Mavs' road green unis with the M hat logo on the shorts for Dallas. I really like those too, but I'm talking about the jerseys they switched to in 1993. Very basic, but very classic white & blue with green trim around the lettering. It's the jerseys Jason Kidd & Dirk wore their rookie seasons with the Mavs.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #15
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

^^^ Yup those are the jerseys I'm referring to. Thanks Underdog
Old 01-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #16
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Game # 28 of the season against the Tail Blazed... lightning does not strike the same team twice, so Lil'lard will not have another game like the last one; tonight, it is the night for the Jr. to shine, so....

Mavs - 118
Tail Blazed - 107

Old 01-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #17
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

CGM,

I hope you're wrong buddy. Tank-a-thon the name of the game for the Mavs. Gotta say, I'm not sure what you saw on Wed vs the Rockets that gives you any confidence the Mavs can contain Lillard or McCollum for that matter.

I have both guys in my daily fantasy lineups tonight. I'm fully expecting them both to go off. Especially Lillard. I have some DSJ exposure too, so I'm thinking you're right, hoping so, and DSJ has a good game as well!
Old 01-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #18
Underdog

@IsaacLHarris: “I’m certainly open to it. In a season like this, you have to be open to anything” -Carlisle on liking the new jerseys

Old 01-26-2018, 08:24 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@IsaacLHarris: “I’m certainly open to it. In a season like this, you have to be open to anything” -Carlisle on liking the new jerseys
Except playing Motley. As well as other young.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:42 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

These jerseys are awful. I don't understand how anybody looked at these and agreed that they look good. They aren't even Mavs colors.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #21
Underdog

Dallas on a 15-2 run... It's been 5 minutes since Portland last scored.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-26-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #22
Underdog

DSJ as Black Panther... I can dig it.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #23
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Is Motley even active?
Old 01-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #24
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Is Motley even active?
Nope, saving those days on his 45-day contract (think he has about 30 days left)... I'm still certain we'll see plenty of him after the trade deadline.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Am I watching the Hawks play the Oregon Ducks?
Old 01-26-2018, 09:58 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

And there’s the Wes injury that gets us the 5th pick
Old 01-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
And there’s the Wes injury that gets us the 5th pick
Nah, he taped an aspirin to it.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:05 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Okay so Wes is going Jordan
Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If Smith pulled that one off, it would have been play of the decade
Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #30
Underdog

Dennis gets nailed in the head, hits the deck, no call... Seriously, wtf does he have to do to get a call?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah what a joke of a league. Even rookies don’t deserve getting nailed on the head.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Dennis gets nailed in the head, hits the deck, no call... Seriously, wtf does he have to do to get a call?
Get traded from a Cuban-owned team?
Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Refs and otters are friends
Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #34
Me.B

Quote:
Nope, saving those days on his 45-day contract (think he has about 30 days left)... I'm still certain we'll see plenty of him after the trade deadline.

He’s used 9 days so far. Yea they’re saving them for after the trade deadline from what I hear.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:21 PM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I’m glad we didn’t draft Zach Collins.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #36
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk been roughing it the last few games.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #37
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I love both but honestly would rather trade Barnes over Matthews if I had the choice.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #38
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I love both but honestly would rather trade Barnes over Matthews if I had the choice.
Gotta have someone to score and rebound, Barnes leads the team in both.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #39
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

That give 'n go alley oop dunk with Powell & DSJ was real nice!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #40
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Reason being?