Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #81
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Williams pushed off the first time!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #82
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Good lord. This game is gonna hurt worse than the Pacer game earlier this season when they were missing their 7 best players.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #83
cxb65
Golden Member

cxb65 is an unknown quantity at this point

This loss is on ellis
cxb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #84
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Opponents shoot the highest 3pt percentage in Dallas... that doesn't surprise me one bit.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:59 PM   #85
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

I'm increasingly disappointed with Monta… there's not much coming from him recently.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #86
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
When monta is good he's very good. When he's bad... It's ugly
Hush. He's perfect. Better than Michael Jordan. Prove me wrong!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #87
justvisitingsixerfan

justvisitingsixerfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxb65 View Post
This loss is on ellis

He didn't shoot well but, I still say Rondo's arrival, it has totally taken away Ellis game. Rondo controls the ball at all times, and he is not setting up Monta in the best opportunity to score. This is why I believe no matter what, Monta is leaving Dallas if Rondo stays...which right now I doubt Rondo is brought back.
justvisitingsixerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #88
cxb65
Golden Member

Monta just did everything for mavs loss the game
Old 02-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #89
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Monta just did everything for mavs loss the game

Really ? Was he guarding D-Williams ? No, that was the overrated Rondo, who could not guard a stop sign. Maybe the leagues WORST Defensive PG right now.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #90
cxb65
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvisitingsixerfan View Post
He didn't shoot well but, I still say Rondo's arrival, it has totally taken away Ellis game. Rondo controls the ball at all times, and he is not setting up Monta in the best opportunity to score. This is why I believe no matter what, Monta is leaving Dallas if Rondo stays...which right now I doubt Rondo is brought back.
Rondo did ok in last quarter, Montana just ignored everyone especially dirk. If dirk can touch more in the last 4 mins, we might have a chance
Old 02-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #91
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Rondo did ok in last quarter, Montana just ignored everyone especially dirk. If dirk can touch more in the last 4 mins, we might have a chance

Rondo was a -17 entering the 4th quarter, and finished a team worse -22 for the game. How exactly you equate that as having a good 4th quarter...I don't know.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #92
Igor1988

Igor1988 will become famous soon enough

Dirk comebacks in the game. five minutes remains. Red hot Dirk throws just one shot. Unbelievable imo.

How many shots he'll throw in postseason games, when game intensity will increase ?
Igor1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #93
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

It was the same the year the Mavs won their championship. Tyson Chandler missed a few games, and Dallas went into a funk. And for some reason fans were caught by surprise. Tyson Chandler has been far and away Dallas's best player this season, and nobody in Dallas seems to know it.

Last edited by Samurai; 03-01-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #94
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvisitingsixerfan View Post
Really ? Was he guarding D-Williams ? No, that was the overrated Rondo, who could not guard a stop sign. Maybe the leagues WORST Defensive PG right now.
Now that's a hell of an exaggeration. His defense was ok, he had some good and bad moments here and there but he's definitely not the worst defensive PG right now. If you say he's the worst shooting PG, ok I wouldn't really disagree… but no, defensively he's ok.

It's his slow tempo that hurts most. Mavs live off quick transition game but thats not really happening with Rondo. He holds the ball until everyone is settled which makes it easier for opponents to defend. He still can find guys with his good vision but since we are not a good catch&shoot team his value is limited. Man, either Rondo adapts to our game by the end of the season or he needs to go in my opinion. I actually thought that he was further in his development like 3-4 games ago but apparently he's not.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:21 PM   #95
Igor1988

Igor1988 will become famous soon enough

I'm not Rondo's hater, but today he was bad...
not so bad as always... but Mavs almost have no easy shots with him on the floor.
Igor1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #96
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Now that's a hell of an exaggeration. His defense was ok, he had some good and bad moments here and there but he's definitely not the worst defensive PG right now. If you say he's the worst shooting PG, ok I wouldn't really disagree… but no, defensively he's ok.

It's his slow tempo that hurts most. Mavs live off quick transition game but thats not really happening with Rondo. He holds the ball until everyone is settled which makes it easier for opponents to defend. He still can find guys with his good vision but since we are not a good catch&shoot team his value is limited. Man, either Rondo adapts to our game by the end of the season or he needs to go in my opinion. I actually thought that he was further in his development like 3-4 games ago but apparently he's not.

Rondo is the worst to me cause he is given so much credit for his Defense, which was based on repotation like 7 years ago. He is just like KOBE is, is given a whole lot of credit on the Defensive side when neither he, nor Kobe has done a darn thing defensively for years.

All Reputation based. Rondo IS Horrible on D. And whether Carlislie admits it or not, Rondo will be the reason this teams falls flat. And before the trade, I had them in the top-4 best teams in the league at 3. Now, they will be 1st round fodder for whoever plays them.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #97
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...79168037789698
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #98
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs def miss Tyson. Team isn't going anywhere if he gets hurt in the playoffs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #99
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Mavs def miss Tyson. Team isn't going anywhere if he gets hurt in the playoffs.

I agree. But this begs the question, what kind of offer are the Mavs gonna offer Tyson ? I mean he is making just under 15 million now. But at 33, and with his history of Injuries...how much do the Mavs offer Tyson ?
Old 03-01-2015, 01:01 AM   #100
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope the mavs find a pg that can work next to rondo...if he's even in the mavs future
Old 03-01-2015, 01:20 AM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Board:
http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2015/03/...oklyn-game-61/

Rondo spent about an extra 20-30 minutes working with an assistant coach on the practice court after the game. His agent is also in town.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #102
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
His agent is also in town.
isnt that cute
Old 03-01-2015, 01:45 AM   #103
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
isnt that cute
No?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:33 AM   #104
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Rondo once again getting burned. First by Westbrook. And now D. Williams.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:42 AM   #105
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Rondo once again getting burned. First by Westbrook. And now D. Williams.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:52 AM   #106
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

Yall bashing Rondo again? Lol. If Rondo was not on Dallas, I will be certain Dallas has no chance in the playoffs to get out the first round. Why can't we just blame the team when stuff goes wrong, Rondo is the scapegoat for everything. Damn, give him a break. Rondo cant do everything.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #107
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3189 View Post
Yall bashing Rondo again? Lol. If Rondo was not on Dallas, I will be certain Dallas has no chance in the playoffs to get out the first round. Why can't we just blame the team when stuff goes wrong, Rondo is the scapegoat for everything. Damn, give him a break. Rondo cant do everything.
I dont get that either... I think he did pretty okay last night, not an outstanding game but neither was he alone responsible for the loss. If he makes that layup with 2 minutes left its like a 3 point game I think, so that was on him, but he was solid the rest of the game. Leading the team in rebounds with 7, in assists with 6, I admit he had 4 turnovers but his shooting wasnt a problem last night. If you look at the rest of the roster, not enough rebounds overall, Barea shooting 30%, RJ like 25%, Monta 25%, Charlie 25%. That list goes on, only 3 players played well enough yesterday and we missed our best defender/player and another starter. Just accept the loss as a team-loss (very rarely is something else) and stop blaming Rondo for everything.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:48 AM   #108
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilease View Post
I dont get that either... I think he did pretty okay last night, not an outstanding game but neither was he alone responsible for the loss. If he makes that layup with 2 minutes left its like a 3 point game I think, so that was on him, but he was solid the rest of the game. Leading the team in rebounds with 7, in assists with 6, I admit he had 4 turnovers but his shooting wasnt a problem last night. If you look at the rest of the roster, not enough rebounds overall, Barea shooting 30%, RJ like 25%, Monta 25%, Charlie 25%. That list goes on, only 3 players played well enough yesterday and we missed our best defender/player and another starter. Just accept the loss as a team-loss (very rarely is something else) and stop blaming Rondo for everything.
I agree that he's gotta make that layup, but it's worth remembering that Monta and I believe JJ both missed similarly contested layups in the last four minutes.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #109
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilease View Post
Another thing is, Dallas was able to get Rondo without giving up Monta or Parsons, and if I'm not mistaken, the 1st round pick they gave to Boston is protected.

Last edited by jay3189; 03-02-2015 at 02:49 AM.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #110
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

The two key Mavs players are Tyson and Monta. When they play well the Mavs win. A bad Monta and no Tyson equaled a loss. It's really that simple. I never was a big Rondo fan but he is not the difference maker for the Mavs.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #111
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Is Monta playing through an injury? Ever since that ankle thing he hasn't looked the same. We all expected him to sit but he was back next game.

Or is it that he can't get any rhythm with Rondo around?
Old 03-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #112
mac222b
Diamond Member

On the flip side not only did Dirk look great shooting the ball but he moved on defense like I haven't seen all year. He was excellent playing Center- hedging, showing, doubling, recovering.I know long term that would effect his legs if asked to do it nightly but it was extremely heartening to see his legs and flexibility back somewhat.

Last edited by mac222b; 03-01-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #113
Melonhead
Guru

We're still blaming rondo because the offense hasn't looked the same since he got here. Last night isn't a great example of that since 2 starters were out. However, he was acquired for defense and deron Williams had a field day
Old 03-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #114
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
We're still blaming rondo because the offense hasn't looked the same since he got here. Last night isn't a great example of that since 2 starters were out. However, he was acquired for defense and deron Williams had a field day
The offense also didn't look the same in the numerous games he missed. He's been a poor offensive player, but there's a whole lot more going on than just "Rondo is ruining the offense."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #115
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
For a guy getting hyped for his defense, I would expect more. Lol at the negative rep for stating what happened.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #116
Samurai

Samurai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
When monta is good he's very good. When he's bad... It's ugly
Inefficient "volume" scorers are ALL like that. Heck, Antoine Walker had plenty of games where he looked like a superstar. What strikes me funny is how inefficient scorers get played up, and when a guy like Russell Wesbrook has a bad game, especially during the playoffs, people don't question the wisdom of having a primary scorer with a low TS%, but rather call "choke." The reality is that the law of averages catches up to them.

Last edited by Samurai; 03-01-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:41 AM   #117
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lost this game because:
They Missed a bunch of shots within 5 feet of the basket.
The Nets had a field day at the rim because we had no Chandler.
Mason Plumlee went 5 for 8 because we had no Chandler.
Deron Williams did his usual...played his best game of the year against Dallas...hey its not our fault he chose Broadway bucks over winning in Dallas. Last year he went 5-8 with 11 assists in Brooklyn.

But blame Rondo, if you like. Then go back and watch the Mavs blow their lead in the 3rd quarter and tell me what he did wrong there. He assisted on Dirk's 3's, he ran fast breaks where JJb missed a layup, and pitched a perfect pass off penetration to Jefferson who rimmed out a 3.

If you can't defend the rim and miss a lot of layups, you will lose.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #118
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Mavs' D rating this season: 104.3, 18th in NBA

Mavs' D rating with Rajon Rondo on the floor: 93.7, which would rank No. 1

Also, Rondo made numerous passes last night to put our guys in position to score but they missed the shot. He should have had 10-12 assists easy.

And Plumlee was setting some pretty good screens to get Deron Williams free of Rondo.

I thought Rondo played pretty well but when we play a three guard offense with Barea out there we are at a serious disadvantage on D.

Also, we were playing withought 3 starters last night, Tyson, Parsons and Monte!
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote