Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2006, 03:01 AM   #281
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
WTF. I had such a good day out of town with a friend, got a tattoo on my leg, no worries about the game today.

I get home, see the score, and read this depressing thread. No need to hit the panic button but I'd sure like to know what the hell is up with Devin. Is it the injury? Surely no one can take that far a step back!!
What kind of tattoo?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 AM   #282
Rocketfan
Banned

Rocketfan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
You started off by coming in and talking trash, but your most recent posts have shown no disrespect. When you start off on the wrong foot though it's hard to show you meant to come in just to see what we were saying.

Continue on the path of your most recent posts and you will be welcomed to the board, but whenever a fan from another team comes in and immediatley talks some trash, especially when our team is playing not up to par it sours members quickly.
Rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:55 AM   #283
Rocketmike

Rocketmike is on a distinguished road

From a Rockets fan perspective, it was nice to see Yao carry the team. From a Mav's perspective it was a bad game. They happen. You get your @55 back in the locker room as quick as you can and start workin' on the game plan for your next opponent. I wouldn't want to be a Warriors fan (I am stationed pretty close to SF so I'll be laughing with you) monday night.

Mike
Rocketmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #284
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Chum--you're right. I always enjoy the way you express your view.

Rocket fansneed to cling to any glimmer of sunlight they possibly can. There was the game against the Spurs the year that T-Mac put on a clinic and scored an increible amount of points in less than a minute. The Spurs felt like crap and the Rockets celebrated that day like they had won the Super Bowl.

The Spurs made up for it, though--I think that was one of the years that they won the NBA Championship.

I truly believe that when this season is over, the Spurs and the Mavs will face off in the WCF and the Rockets will still be huddled somewhere close to their drawing board scratching their heads.
I wouldn't ride off the Rockets that fast. That team to me is the most dangerous team in the NBA. They have the so called 2 Superstars and a good solid defender(Battier) and defensive coach. I think their season depends on health first, then Skip 2 My Lou as the leader as the PG...

Rockets are very solid. I think they are the unknown here in Texas, and could really be the one team that SA/Mavs dont want to see in the playoffs. That being said, but T-Mac is not a healthy player out there, so it still could be a long year for the Rockets. Our Mavs will pull it together, but Terry has to be kicked in the as* a few times, because he is killing us.

Dirk is playing alright, but nothing like a Superstar for his team when they need him. I watched him closely, he has a knee problem or something because he is not moving at all.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 11-05-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #285
brantonli24

brantonli24 is on a distinguished road

You know, I (being a Rockets fan) am actually quite surprised at the amount of pessimisim on this board. Now I know how much the rest of the NBA sees the Houston Rockets (a bit like how we see the Utah Jazz). Never mind, Mav fans, we'll see you in the first round of the playoffs.

Peace,
Objective Rockets fan.
brantonli24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #286
TheDiggler

TheDiggler is infamous around these partsTheDiggler is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Umm, excuse me. Anyone, you say? Anyone? What about a certain #44 who just might possibly be lured out of his well-deserved retirement? I seem to remember the pale Mavericks great giving Yao more fits than anyone else in the league.

Start the negotiations now!
Are you retarded....You think that goffy SOB ever had a chance against YAO? Yao put it in his mouth everytime...You guys just end up winning the game BACK THEN.New Rocket team....new players.....different ball game. You will have problems with the team from now on, get use to it.
TheDiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #287
jscmedia

jscmedia is an unknown quantity at this point

wwwweeeeelll...isn't that special?......
Hey dallas got newz fer ya..........looks like AJ's let's sit our superstars for the pre-season was just the first of his many more to come bone head moves. You'll be crying for his head in 2 months. sure you'll make the playoffs..the finals? fergetaboutit..........you have a team of individuals who will win some at home..but boy are you in for a case of smakedaddy this year...couldn't happen to a more arrougant smug city.

Dirk is surrounded by people who look pretty confused. Yao Ming is the best center in the league, it is his breakout year. Bonzi off the bench is a train coming straight down the track at ya. Be afraid, be very afraid. No place but Texas! let the games begin..and be sure to wake up the mavs...time to smell the coffee!!! I'll be sitting court side feb 9th..oh boy, can't wait. Dampier, best center in the western conferance..lol.........ha ha..
jscmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:34 AM   #288
fstmac

fstmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
116-79 is my prediction. Yao breaks his whole leg, Tmac gets depressed and forfeits his whole NBA career. Van Gundy grows some hair and pulls all of them off out of frustration. LOL
lol.
fstmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #289
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'll tell you how bad it was, J. We lost to freakin' Houston Rockets!

Does it get much worse than that?
I'm just glad I didn't have to watch this game. I think the Rockets might be better this year than some give them credit for so I'll start panicking if we lose to the likes of Portland and Minnesota, etc...

Nashtymavsfan13, I'll pm you a picture of the tattoo. It's just a frog with some ivy.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 11-05-2006 at 12:44 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #290
Dreamshake

Dreamshake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Get 'em Avery! BS non-call.

Actually in the replay, you saw that Dirk wasnt touched on this play. Not so much as a fiber of the other players jersey. It was a bad decision by Avery to mouth off this early, and cost his team, over a call he perceived as a non call.
Dreamshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #291
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

How did the dirkster look this game? His shooting percentage looked pretty good but his rebounding was sub-par and few assists (could have been no one hitting anything).

Against the spurs he looked kinda gassed?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote