Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

Schew...I almost forgot. This IS the middle of finals. Anyway, this should be tough, but we can do it.

GOOOOOOO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw those bitch ass whiners.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:43 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

After tonights game JVG will protest that the NBA is unfairly penalizing his team by removing his team from the playoffs just because they lost 4 consecutive games.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Amen brother. I'm really hope Damp can stay out of foul trouble this time. Most of these fouls are unforced and totally ridiculous. Sure, Yao will draw a couple throughout the entire game, but in game 5 for example, two of the fouls were nowhere near Yao. The first one was on McGrady in a fast-break, and the other was on a moving pick. We all keep hoping for Dirk to go on a tear and score 40+, but I don't think we can ever get our hopes up about that. It sure would be nice though...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:49 AM   #4
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

I just want to wish the Mavericks good luck. We're all counting on you.

Damp gets a double-double.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:52 AM   #5
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

this will be close till the end

(of the 2. quarter)

Dampier and Nowitzki will silence all critics

and the Rockets start choking as of about now

Mavs by 11

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:17 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

One of the headlines I read earlier today said "Rockets Rally Behind Fined Coach".

Now in a Rockets Fan's Mind, that means they're going to come out tonight and play reallllllllyyyyy hard and win the game.

But in MY mind, it just means that the players have decided to organize a FREE JVG CAR WASH Saturday night outside the Toyata Center.

Scrub, Scrub, Scrub Away Jon Barry! You're not coming back to the AAC!

Mavs by double digits.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:41 AM   #7
nuggien

nuggien is on a distinguished road

see you guys in game 7! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
nuggien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:47 AM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: nuggien
see you guys in game 7! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yes, you will see us in game 7... on TV. Game 7 of course being in the second round against Phoenix, or maybe even in the WCF against the Spurs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:39 AM   #9
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

We need a good start, Rox will fight for their lives and the fans will be heavily into this one with all JVG/Stern crap going on...

103 - 96 Mavs

Dirk 31p/11r/5a/3s/1b book it!

digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #10
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

as long as the mavs come out and play it close in the first half, they'll pull this one out. they have to match the rockets intensity, but once the rox see it's not working, they'll lose it mentally and physically.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Ruck the Fockets.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:18 AM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks ocelot.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #13
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Mavs win, 'nuff said.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:38 AM   #14
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

We finally win big. 15+ Bring on the Suns.
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It will be embarrasing. Terry alone will F the Rockets bench. Stackhouse will be a cold-blooded killer. Finley will annihalate the scoreboard with an onslaught of 3's. And I haven't even mentioned Dirk..... for that you will just have to watch and see what he has in store for you.

Mavs - 983
Rockets - 1 (Yao gets fouled 13 times and shoots 1/24 from the charity stripe)

Killer mentality fellas. Killer mentality. The dogs are down, kick them hard.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #16
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

there's gonna be big trouble in little China tonight. Mavericks win.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:19 AM   #17
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Houston will be scrapping for every possession, so Dallas must keep their poise and compete. If Houston wants to win this, then make them truly earn it. Otherwise, I believe Dallas will take this one in another close game.

Dallas - 89
Houston - 87

kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:21 AM   #18
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Not so fast Tmac... Coffee is for Closers.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #19
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Let's sit Damp the first half and let him come in and dominate the second half. Is that crazy talk?

I am so freakin excited about tonights game. Who wants to do a road trip down to Houston?

GO MAVS!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:39 AM   #20
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough

i'm really not confident about tonights game..its gonna be close..but i think we'll probably lose..tough to say it. i honestly hope we can pull it off tonight but it will take a maginificient effort. goooo maaaaavs
Old 05-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #21
watcher

watcher is on a distinguished road

Games 1-5 have been the best teachers...you lose, they brag and dance...you win, they bitch and whine. You know what you got to do. F'Em...Finish Em!!!! Go Mavs.
watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I STILL BELIEVE!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:10 PM   #23
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Houston will get all of the calls tonight.
Mavs need to be perfect and specifically cannot turn the ball over a lot.

I'm interested to see how we do against the TMAC-Yao pick and roll.
They must continue to sandwich the pick and roll. They abandoned that at the end of game 5.
Also at the end of game 5, Yao faked the pick and walked it home. We'll see him do that more. I'm sure Avery saw that.

Bring on the Mantis?

jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #24
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

dallas destruction.

no way we lose tonight, Dallas by inFINinty.

Mr. Big Tymer comes out Big for the first time this series and Josh stay's with the simplicity.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #25
watcher

watcher is on a distinguished road

look for the refs to be totally gestapo tonight. they can't let their boss look bad. every call will be watched, even replayed. mavs win anyway. time for mavs to have a monster game.
watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #26
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Not sure what to predict. I think the Rox will use that pick and roll to death. It depends on whether those bombers from the Rockets will hit their outside shots. I think this is the game Dirk breaksout of his slump. This game will be different because Dirk will cause real headaches. I also have the feeling that once the game gets out of hand, TMac will get an injury to his leg or back. Don't know if it will be legit but it will be an excuse that he wasn't part of the losing and maybe, if he was there, the Rockets could come back.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #27
razap

razap is on a distinguished road

T-Mac goes off. Rockets win 95-87.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #28
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

TOUGH game ahead. Game will be decided in the final minute. Who wins? flip a coin..ok I'll do it for you. Heads Mavs - Tails Rockets. Crap its tails. flip again..Woohoo heads! go mavs!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:46 PM   #29
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Finish em off, boys!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #30
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

I'm looking for a breakout game for Dampier tonight. I want to see Yao get man-handled on both ends of the court. Let's go Mavs, put the animal in the corner out of its misery.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #31
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Let's Go Mavs!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #32
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

100-100 tie.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
100-100 tie.
bold...I like it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #34
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I may be an unbeliever still, but I don't see the Mavs winning this one tonight. They almost blew an 11 point lead in the fourth quarter last time and all of these games have come down to the final quarter.

Houston will have the refs on thier side. They will catch Finley out of bounds. They will not call a phantom call from Padgett on Finley in the corner. They will allow a moving pick on the last shot. Mike James will continue to torch Terry. Our big men will be in foul trouble.

Houston will be playing with more urgency because they have more urgency.

If Bradley hits the floor tonight. Forget all I just said, Mavs will dominate.

I just can't believe that I still have to wait 5 more hours!
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #35
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Mavs recipe:

Stay within shouting distance till the 4th Qtr...then Houston and Dallas will both know how it ends and the Rox self destruct their way to the Fishin' Hole!
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #36
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

shawn bradley will totally destroy yao and make him foul out in the first quarter!
i predict a texas shootout lets say : 157 mavs - 143 houston!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #37
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

T-Mac goes off. Mavs still win 100-96.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #38
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

We need to get all the Houston players dog collars because tonight we are going to make them our bitches. Mavs by 11
Old 05-05-2005, 05:25 PM   #39
kyptonite

kyptonite is on a distinguished road

I don't think t-mac will have a "great" game. He is under so much pressure blowing ANOTHER playoff series, that he is going to freak out and not play that well. I predict a mavs win.

Mavs - 107
Rockets - 104
kyptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #40
mavsluvah

mavsluvah is on a distinguished road

Let's put our money where our mouth is....free money tonight people...call your offshore and play da MAVS +4....FREE $$$$$ GO MAVS!
mavsluvah is offline   Reply With Quote