Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #41
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default RE: Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

It's time to nut up and finish this one off.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #42
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's time for the Rockets to say goodnight. We win this one going away, 103-95...
Old 05-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #43
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

I hope so. Mavs win!!!!, better easily (for my heart [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't fear a Game Seven. I've talked to people who do, on the basis that TMac might have an out-of-body experience and go off for 40. It stands to reason, however, that if he has such a game left in him we'll see it tonight.

I don't expect the Rockets to lay down that easily. To me this series has played out similarly in a lot of ways to the Mavs/Kings series last year. In that series none of the breaks went our way, and we lost 4-1. In this series the breaks have been more favorable, and we're ahead 3-2. But the breaks have a way of evening out. If we are a better team than Houston, it's not by much.

The Mavs will prove something to me if they win tonight. They won't disappoint me if they don't. This game is Houston's to lose.

That said, I'd still take the Mavs +3 for the money. The Mavs have at least a 40% chance to win outright, and whether they win or lose I expect a close finish.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #45
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Close game until the 4th quarter.

Van Gundy goes off and gets ejected.

Dallas wins.

Oh, and I will drink 3 margaritas to celebrate the win...or Cinco de Mayo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:18 PM   #46
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Just in case you guys were wondering...come game time, I'll be on my couch and away from the PC. Thus keeping with the previously discovered lucky combination.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #47
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk remains unbonkers (this just aint his round) but the SWINGMAN ARMY+JET continues to slaughter the Rox.

Mavs take the lead in the 2nd and never let go.

Dallas 100
Rockets 97

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #48
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I am doing my last HW assignment until the Fall, just like the Mavs should finish up business with the Rockets again until the Fall.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #49
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

How many times will Mike James scream out loud when he drives to the hoop? Over and under is 4. The over sounds like a good bet.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #50
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

It doesn't look like this game will be broadcast on Hdnet. Bummer.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #51
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Mavs will lose this one. Which will guarantee a series loss.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:12 PM   #52
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
Mavs will lose this one. Which will guarantee a series loss.
BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #53
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

dirk2003= lame.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #54
Catalyst

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Trends......

1. Winner of first quarters of each game so far has won the game.

2. The Rockets have won their matchups on the same day the Astros lose (Since our opening day of Baseball - April 5). So far the Braves are pounding the Stros in ATL right now. Hopefully this trend continues for tonights Rox_Mavs game. Also I hope the Braves pound the Stros on Saturday (assuming the trend hold true).

Good luck everyone.

Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #55
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

We will find out how good the Mavs are tonight. I'm certain of that. They can put an exclamation mark on their statements the last three games and show that they are championship caliber. Or they can show that they are up and down, like all second-tier teams. The Toyota Center is proving ground tonight.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #56
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

cold start
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #57
cheesestar
Golden Member

is this the night dirk comes out?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #58
cheesestar
Golden Member

foul on yao? does anything think that the fouls on yao could lead to a vangundy ejection?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #59
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

dirk gets going early! this will be our game!
Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #60
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I HATE TNT! I also hate PP for getting kicked out of the game with a T so that the Pacers got to tie up the game! UGH!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #61
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

They're goin to let Yao get away with Murder tonight.

And it continues Dirk c ant get a call at the rim all series.

Yet we get ALL the calls
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #62
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

TNT sucks. I'm tired of our games getting cut off. It's not like those game breaks do a damn bit of good.

And how stupid can Pierce be.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #63
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

JET!
Old 05-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #64
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

that was a major acting job on Tinsley's part
Old 05-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #65
chumdawg
Guru

I missed the first five minutes because I thought the game didn't start until the first one ended. And I was busy watching the TRAVASHAMOCKERY that was the end of regulation in the other game.

So, please fill me in. How is Damp still in the game. How were the first five minutes?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #66
Bookit
Diamond Member

Yao is getting away with murder. Rediculous.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #67
endtroducing
Golden Member

it doesn't
Old 05-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #68
PepperTheMavsFan41

Dirk and Jet have come to play tonight.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #69
Mavs_fun_fan

Mavs_fun_fan is on a distinguished road

Man I hate TNT, who are the refs?
Mavs_fun_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk seems to have incorporated the pump fake tonight, very good...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #71
Bookit
Diamond Member

Damn, we have to look a Barry's mug. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #72
cheesestar
Golden Member

gosh i never want to see barrys hideous face on gamechannel ever again
Old 05-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #73
chumdawg
Guru

Defensive rotations have looked strong tonight.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #74
Folterkammer

why did he take damp out of the game?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #75
endtroducing
Golden Member

keep him out of trouble at the end of the period
Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #76
chumdawg
Guru

I think Josh could average 20 in this league if he were allowed to play like, say, Jamison on offense. His jumper is really not bad.

And tell me, where is Stack's sharpshooting coming from in this series? Who knew?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #77
cheesestar
Golden Member

tmac doing what he wishes out there
Old 05-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #78
PepperTheMavsFan41

Boy Yao has learned to bitch about every call.

He should have 4.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #79
endtroducing
Golden Member

and Yao has 2 fouls
Old 05-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #80
cheesestar