turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I miss Adrian Griffin.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #82
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah like that would happen when the 76'ers could have their choice of any damn Hawk or Celtic they want save Johnson and Pierce.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, a Devin sighting!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #84
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Devin might just need a change of scenery.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #85
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoah.

Dateline Houston: Dirk Nowitzki draws a foul...

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #86
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I don't understand what happened to Devin's shot. He could shoot in college.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Diop just can't guard Yao. At all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #88
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In a game like this, we really miss the former Mavericks great Bradley.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #89
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This is about to get ugly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #90
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Yao is really lighting up the Mavs' defense to this point...at least JHo seems to own TMac at this point.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #91
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Devin Harris is awful. Worthless. Overrated by many.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #92
chumdawg
Guru

What irks me--and has for a year now--is that the only time we look good on offense is when an individual is making an individual play. Yes, it is very nice to see Howard and Johnson hitting pullups. Yes, it is very nice to see Dirk hitting the patented fadeaway. But it would be oh, so sweet to see a beautiful assist on occasion.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

When Dirk has the ball, there's no one worth passing to.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #94
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I'm still just not into this season yet. Too much football still to be played and I just dont' trust the officiating and leadership of the league anymore. It's ruining the NBA for me...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #95
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What irks me--and has for a year now--is that the only time we look good on offense is when an individual is making an individual play. Yes, it is very nice to see Howard and Johnson hitting pullups. Yes, it is very nice to see Dirk hitting the patented fadeaway. But it would be oh, so sweet to see a beautiful assist on occasion.
I could not agree more.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #96
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
That's hard to argue with.

Devin was supposed to be that man by now. The guy that could break down a defense and hit the post for a dunk or the wing for a jumper.

Devin's lack of progress is really holding this team back right now. The fifth pick in the draft is supposed to be starting by now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #97
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

That looked like junior high ball. How did no one come to the ball there?

I'll take it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #98
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
When Dirk has the ball, there's no one worth passing to.
Poignantly true. Quite especially since they often are all four standing still.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #99
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the offense is difficult to watch to say the least. it was stagnant last year and it's stagnant this year..just waiting for someone to create a mismatch to hopefully get someone the opportunity to cut to the lane.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

dirk might only average 2-3 FT's a game this year... officials hate the whitey.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #101
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Dirk never even touched that ball...

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #102
chumdawg
Guru

Boy, how often is your center taking the technical shot?

And then the buzzer-beater?????
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #103
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

24 on 8-10 and 8-8 for Yao. Ouch.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #104
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

well, I thought going into halftime down 11 wouldn't be too bad...then Houston gets a freebie off the Dirk T, and Yao continues his hot streak hitting a shot before the buzzer. 14 points still isn't too bad if the Mavs just start hitting their shots and Yao comes back down to Earth.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #105
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Yao is a beast. He's just awesome. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to stop him when he's on his game.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #106
chumdawg
Guru

Idle thought: Were the new guys on the roster good enough to go through all these growing pains for? This team looks like it has NO idea what it wants to do together. And it looks like it will take a while to figure it out.

At this point, I'd like to rewind the clock and go to battle this year with the same group that finished the last season.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #107
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
So true. We've got 8 assists right now... and 12 turnovers.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #108
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
Yao is a beast. He's just awesome. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to stop him when he's on his game.
Umm, excuse me. Anyone, you say? Anyone? What about a certain #44 who just might possibly be lured out of his well-deserved retirement? I seem to remember the pale Mavericks great giving Yao more fits than anyone else in the league.

Start the negotiations now!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #109
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Idle thought: Were the new guys on the roster good enough to go through all these growing pains for? This team looks like it has NO idea what it wants to do together. And it looks like it will take a while to figure it out.

At this point, I'd like to rewind the clock and go to battle this year with the same group that finished the last season.
If the new additions are the real reason we are struggling like this... then the answer is no, they're not worth it. But I don't think they are the only reason. It shouldn't be this hard to integrate 2-3 roleplayers.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
So true. We've got 8 assists right now... and 12 turnovers.
I may not be the stathead that others are...but I'm gonna guess that two-to-three is not a league-leading ratio.

Speaking of statheads, where in the hell is GMC?

Last edited by chumdawg; 11-04-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #111
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Bradley could be on the YR. He stays in street clothes...except for games against Houston so he can defend Yao.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #112
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs seem to think this is still preseason. Where is the intensity?
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #113
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

So would I...
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #114
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

If we lose this game it is very possible that we can start the season 1-4 with the way this team is playing, a win against GS and losing @LAC and @PHX in those back to back games
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #115
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

This team might not be as good as they think they are
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #116
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

for anyone who thought Buck was Griffin but with a more offensive game is sadly mistaken
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #117
Stranger
Golden Member

I really think we should go with a two point-guard set, whether its with Harris or Johnson. We need to improve ball movement any way we can.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #118
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
for anyone who thought Buck was Griffin but with a more offensive game is sadly mistaken
Two games dude. Two games.

Buck is most certainly a better offensive player than Griff..h

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #119
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

On a positive note. Didn't Miami start off last season kind of slow??
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #120
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Dreaded double post.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 11-04-2006 at 09:59 PM.