Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Mavs vs Timberwolves - 12/30/2008 7:30pm CST

Timberwolves are playing the second night of a back to back. I expect, nay, demand a blowout.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

A chance to move up in the standings... and up the Mavs shall move.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

WIN IT!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

I'm curious about Howard's game after Dirk's return. Will he remember his career high in assists or fall back into his old scheme?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I demand a blowout as well. Dirk should play less than 35 minutes tonight, give my big German some rest.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I demand a blowout as well. Dirk should play less than 35 minutes tonight, give my big German some rest.
He didn't play against the Clippers, he should be fine

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 12-30-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see :

JKidd 13pts/8rbs/10ast
Jho 22/7/5
Dirk 29/10/4
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 30, 2008
Minnesota @ Dallas--M. Wunderlich; M. Boland; G. Zielinski

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Tone Melodies View Post
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 30, 2008
Minnesota @ Dallas--M. Wunderlich; M. Boland; G. Zielinski
According to http://dict.leo.org Wunderlich is German for fantastical, quaint, queer, whimsical, so give me Mavs by 18.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

When's the next legit team we play?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Wolves, Sixers, @Grizzlies, Clippers, Knicks, THEN the Suns.
I expect us to go 4-1 in our next 5 at worst.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #12
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think were gonna reel off the next 7 in a row,..
Old 12-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

7 straight would equal to #2 in the West IMHO.

Contact Me
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #14
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

7 straight would make me feel very content and "even" for the first time in a long time. and we should be able to do it. at LEASt the next 5. and one interesting point that i'm sure many of you have seen:

i was browsing the power rankings from nba.com, and because of the new year, they had "last year's rankings at this time" posted up as well. i didn't realize that we were so close to last year's record. we were 20-11 at around this time last year, so being 18-12, and hopefully 19-12 after tonight is fine with me.

i know this doesn't rewrite the record books or anything, but you know what? with only 2.5 games separating us from second place, we are under the radar right now which is just great. i don't want the attention and pressure that a 67 win season brought us, or that the cavs, celtics, and lakers are seeing right now.

let's just cruise intot he playoffs at (hopefully) a home-court advantage position, and let's just play good b-ball.

but, with all that said, we do have to take it one game at a time...SO LET'S WIN TONIGHT!!

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
alby
Guru

^ true.

Contact Me
Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight is going to be an interesting game of "What will he do next?"
Josh has shown he can do all the things we need, pass, board, score efficiently...but it was when Dirk wasn't around. Tonight he can show what he's shown for the past season or so and just blow things off again or the lightbulb can finally turn on and start the progression to being a team player and be a solid all-around player. I don't expect the same exact numbers as the Clipper game, but give me some assists and stay active on the boards. Keep the ball fluid in the offense, don't be the black hole.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199 View Post
7 straight would make me feel very content and "even" for the first time in a long time. and we should be able to do it. at LEASt the next 5. and one interesting point that i'm sure many of you have seen:

i was browsing the power rankings from nba.com, and because of the new year, they had "last year's rankings at this time" posted up as well. i didn't realize that we were so close to last year's record. we were 20-11 at around this time last year, so being 18-12, and hopefully 19-12 after tonight is fine with me.

i know this doesn't rewrite the record books or anything, but you know what? with only 2.5 games separating us from second place, we are under the radar right now which is just great. i don't want the attention and pressure that a 67 win season brought us, or that the cavs, celtics, and lakers are seeing right now.

let's just cruise intot he playoffs at (hopefully) a home-court advantage position, and let's just play good b-ball.

but, with all that said, we do have to take it one game at a time...SO LET'S WIN TONIGHT!!

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
GREAT post...GO MAVS
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is going to explode in this game. (in a good way)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Whoa!! Yeah.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Go Dirk!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #21
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Just keep getting better and better Mavs.!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #22
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

GAME LINK
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #23
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

MAVS clicking in all cylinders....GO MAVS
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #24
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Wolves, Sixers, @Grizzlies, Clippers, Knicks, THEN the Suns.
I expect us to go 4-1 in our next 5 at worst.
I can see Mavs losing to the Sixers if Mavs don't play good against them. other then that I don't except them to lose a game, and that should be good for them because they play better teams in January. Hint January 25th
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #25
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
I can see Mavs losing to the Sixers if Mavs don't play good against them. other then that I don't except them to lose a game, and that should be good for them because they play better teams in January. Hint January 25th
Not likely without Brand. With Brand, definite game with the athletes they can throw at us, but without that inside presence, should be an easy W.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Philly does give Dallas trouble but as Kidd Karma said, Brand should be out and that team hasn't lived up to their expectations this year.
5-0 or 4-1 is very possible. Based on that stretch...the Mavs, themselves, are the ones that can't screw that up.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #27
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Philly does give Dallas trouble but as Kidd Karma said, Brand should be out and that team hasn't lived up to their expectations this year.
5-0 or 4-1 is very possible. Based on that stretch...the Mavs, themselves, are the ones that can't screw that up.
yeah without Brand, but still I think they still might be a team that could beat the mavs
Old 12-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #28
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

We should be really disappointed if we don't go 5-0... that 2-7 start left us in a position where we can't afford many "off nights".

4 of 5 at home, only road game to a 10-20ish Grizzlie team... no excuse not to go 5-0 in that stretch, if we're anything special at all.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballgirl25 View Post
yeah without Brand, but still I think they still might be a team that could beat the mavs
It's the NBA...Teams make runs. Outside of Boston and the Thunder, any game will be competitive.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #30
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
It's the NBA...Teams make runs. Outside of Boston and the Thunder, any game will be competitive.
yeah ture that, because we know every team besides the lakers will get beat by the Celtics.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

It seems iffy on seeing Mike Miller tonight. He's had some nagging ankle issues the whole year. It'd be nice to see him on the court though.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-30-2008 at 08:17 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #32
basketballgirl25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
We should be really disappointed if we don't go 5-0... that 2-7 start left us in a position where we can't afford many "off nights".

4 of 5 at home, only road game to a 10-20ish Grizzlie team... no excuse not to go 5-0 in that stretch, if we're anything special at all.
why would you be disappointed, if mavs go don't go 5-0, if they go 4-1 that still good. I mean they are not Celtics

Last edited by basketballgirl25; 12-30-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #33
texasrfan

texasrfan is on a distinguished road

Antoine Wright starting tonight
texasrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #34
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Lol all the hornets and wizards fans are upset the mod switched to the mavs game I didn't know we had such a big fan base I thought nobody liked the mavs after the 06 season. I'm glad we still got support =)

Last edited by RareMilk; 12-30-2008 at 08:41 PM.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #35
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

link anyone? the one horse provided is the wizards vs hornets
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #36
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Link please
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #37
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Link (poor quality)
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #38
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And Howard is back in chukker mode. He hasn't passed it yet.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #39
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Geez. They can't miss.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #40
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lame.. NBA League Pass Broadband is experiencing technical difficulties and isn't showing this game... That Justin.TV stream is unbearable.

So is this start by the Mavericks.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote