Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #241
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind. Bucks win. Woohoo!

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #242
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

A Avery Johnson team would have lost this game big time...Oh and if Jason Kidd keeps playing the way he's playing the Cuban might give him a contract extension.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #243
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Bucks win, no miracle comeback for the Spurs. Go Mavs!!!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #244
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

1.5 games behind the Hornets for #2 in the West.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #245
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

This game made me forget all about the Cowboys. Keep this up and everything will be OK.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #246
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

December: 11-4

Contact Me
Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #247
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

So should we hire the assistant coach?? to head coach?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #248
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Can someone summarize what happened that got Carlisle ejected? Was his argument valid? I read that he got ejected and it made me smile a bit, I'm sure that got the team fired up.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #249
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can someone summarize what happened that got Carlisle ejected? Was his argument valid? I read that he got ejected and it made me smile a bit, I'm sure that got the team fired up.
Dirk drove about two times in the paint. Got hammered. No call. The Mavs were down (it seemed) like 20 at the time... so he just thought f it... and got tossed.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #250
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It's sort of odd--the Bucks really own the Spurs. I swear they split the season series or sweep them every year.
The Bucks have an overall winning record against the Spurs in the Tim Duncan era.

...and they don't even have Nowitzki!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #251
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

What a fun game that was. The first half, followed by the first few minutes of the 2nd half reminded me of how the Cowboys ended their season. They showed Captain Comeback on the screen and then the Mavs honored him by doing the same as he would have done.

Awesome game. And I figured this would be a one way affair the whole night.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #252
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13 View Post
I'm sure someone will summarize it better but...

There was a stretch where Dirk was dribbling into the middle of the paint and he kept getting pushed and I think was getting pushed off on some rebounds as well. One time Cardinal took a swipe and I think hit Dirk on top of his head. Cardinal was trying to swipe at the ball. Dirk grabbed the top of his head and just sorta froze up.

The ball came back for Minnesota on offense and Carlisle basically flipped out and got a double Tech.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #253
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
NOT Fixed! BUT I MADE YOU ALL LOOK HAHAH
Fixed!

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #254
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

If only JHo, Dirk and Jet kept dropping 20's and Kidd giving 10-10's regularly, man were unstoppable!

Last edited by darkwitzki; 12-30-2008 at 11:19 PM.
darkwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #255
Benny

Benny is a jewel in the roughBenny is a jewel in the roughBenny is a jewel in the roughBenny is a jewel in the rough

This was the first game I was able to watch this season (due to large time difference i usually can't watch any games). I hung in there, when we were down 29 points and boy it paid off to keep watching. What an awesome awesome win. This was absolutely fantastic to watch (2nd half that is).

Seems like I picked the right game to watch after all. GO MAVS!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #256
alby
Guru

Rick took a play out of Nellie's playbook tonight.

Contact Me
Old 12-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #257
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Gotta give Josh his due. He hit the biggest shot of the game, a three with 1:30 to play. That shot put us up by five and sealed the deal. He usually sinks into the shadows when opportunities like that come around in crunch time. But this time he shined in the spotlight. Well done Josh with another good game.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #258
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
What a fun game that was. The first half, followed by the first few minutes of the 2nd half reminded me of how the Cowboys ended their season. They showed Captain Comeback on the screen and then the Mavs honored him by doing the same as he would have done.

Awesome game. And I figured this would be a one way affair the whole night.
You were in attendance then?

Figures. I bought tickets for next Tuesday night against the Clip show....I knew I should have gone for tonight! But we didn't want to go back to back...Stars game tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #259
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Crap.

My wife and I were in a bit of a scrum tonight and the Mavs looked like crap, so we left the AAC at halftime. Guess I missed a good one
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #260
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst0509 View Post
Crap.

My wife and I were in a bit of a scrum tonight and the Mavs looked like crap, so we left the AAC at halftime. Guess I missed a good one
She wanted the blue cotton candy and you wanted the pink?

That happens.

Be sure to have awesome makeup grex.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #261
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Grex? Is that sex when you say "grrrrr!" a lot?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 AM   #262
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Did Carlisle get tossed on two, or on one?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 AM   #263
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Did Carlisle get tossed on two, or on one?
Two, but the second one came so fast, I think the ref was just flexing his muscles. Respect autoritah!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #264
Bayliss

The ref gave him a T... then Carlisle clapped his hands right in front (not two feet from the refs face)... so the re t'd him up again. So it literally was a bam bam double tech.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #265
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just asking because Nellie was known for getting tossed on one, per his request.

Still and all, I expect that it was a calculated move by Carlisle, which I expect played out pretty well.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:32 AM   #266
alby
Guru

January:
Philly
@ Memphis
Clippers
Knicks
@ Phoenix
@ Sacramento
@ Denver
Hornets
Utah
@ Philly
@ Bucks
@ Detroit
@ Boston
Warriors
@ Miami

15 games. 6 home games + 9 away games.

We just went 11-4 in December and are currently sitting at 19-12.

I'll be happy with another 11-4 or 10-5 record in January which would put us at 30-16 or 29-17... which would probably be good for homecourt in the West IMHO.

Contact Me
Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #267
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was good to see Casey get a win against with the man who unjustly fired him on the other bench. He won't admit publicly but i'm sure that made it extra special.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:48 AM   #268
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough

I just hope Boston comes back to beat Portland now. I want the Mavs to have a better record than the Trail Blazers!

Also I love how everything went for the Mavs after being down by 29. They practically played a perfect game after being down 70-41.

And in regards to their record now. They started the season as 2-7. Continuing at such a pace they'd go on to be 18-64. Well, right now they have 19 wins. At 19-12 they're on pace to go 50-32. If we ignore the 2-7 start and figure what the 17-5 record would stretch out to be over a 73 game season they'd be on pace for 56 wins. Add 2 to that, and now maybe the Mavs can get 58 wins this season. Who else out West is really on pace for 58 wins this season? Of course the Lakers. But aside from the Lakers? No one. Not even the Hornets. They're on pace for 55 wins. Go Mavs! They may finish in 2nd overall now.
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:59 AM   #269
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'm sure someone will summarize it better but...

There was a stretch where Dirk was dribbling into the middle of the paint and he kept getting pushed and I think was getting pushed off on some rebounds as well. One time Cardinal took a swipe and I think hit Dirk on top of his head. Cardinal was trying to swipe at the ball. Dirk grabbed the top of his head and just sorta froze up.

The ball came back for Minnesota on offense and Carlisle basically flipped out and got a double Tech.
Basically the guy hit him in the eye, not the top of the head and dirk reacted to that. I think ricks' thinking is that even if you don't see that when a guy cringes up like dirk did, you have to think he was fouled, but nothing.

Rick's seen enough of it the last few games and went off.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #270
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Just asking because Nellie was known for getting tossed on one, per his request.

Still and all, I expect that it was a calculated move by Carlisle, which I expect played out pretty well.
What was it he used to say? "F*ck this team.. I want to go drink beer in my hotel. Throw me the hell outta here."
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #271
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I'm not concerned about the 29 point deficit is that stuff like that happens. On a normal day, when our offense was at poor as it was, the T-Wolves would have shot crappy like normal and we'd only be down 10 at most. The problem was that, against all odds, our offense choked up in the same half that the T-Wolves could not miss. It was almost like watching the GS series again... when you give them that much confidence, they know every shot was going in.

As people were saying earlier... we really need to tighten up our D, but DAMN those guys are hitting crazy shots. They were just in a grove and we got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Either way, it was crappy that we got behind. Not season ending. Not, zomg blow up the team. But at the very least it was a "man this game is gonna ruin my night".

Until the comeback.

I'm fairly sure that this game will end up being more important for our momentum than the Knicks game was. This game was one of the only few times I can remember going back into last year where ALL of our guys were having a good time. Everyone was smiling, everyone was playing team basketball, and everyone was as much of a cheerleader as Terry.

Superstars were diving on the ground of loose balls. Howard was making team plays. DIOP WAS DUNKING FOR CHRIST SAKE.

If this doesn't get this team rollin, I don't know what will.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 AM   #272
hinzundkunz

hinzundkunz will become famous soon enough

edit:[wrng thread]

Last edited by hinzundkunz; 12-31-2008 at 02:38 AM.
hinzundkunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:05 AM   #273
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

The comeback means more than the fall-behind because during the second half, the Mavs were actually paying attention.

As for hitting wild shots, the Wolves did get 26 (28?) points in the paint during the first half.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:56 AM   #274
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
A Avery Johnson team would have lost this game big time...Oh and if Jason Kidd keeps playing the way he's playing the Cuban might give him a contract extension.
Yeah, because the Mavs didnt pull off something similar against the Raptors in 07..give me a break. I'm glad Avery is gone but its not like he was some worthless coach.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #275
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas teams play with my heart too much.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote