Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough
Default I just gotta ask.....

DO YOU BELIEVE?!?!?!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

In the Mean Green?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Yessir
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I've believed since day 1.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

I gotta admit.. The I didn't believe at all times this year. Especially after LA beat us down at the end of the Reg season.

But right now I believe. The Maverick Magic is back and im so happy.

What has helped the most is we are getting baskets at the rim and Dirk is the best player in the playoffs right now.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

If we're up by 15 points with 1 minute remaining in the third game...Yes, I'll believe....
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
CATCH-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
If we're up by 15 points with 1 minute remaining in the third game...Yes, I'll believe....
This series is OH VUH
Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Catch-17, that is an asshat move. This series isn't "Oh-VUH" You don't know S! If you did you wouldn't be blabbing that cocky mess.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
CATCH-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Catch-17, that is an asshat move. This series isn't "Oh-VUH" You don't know S! If you did you wouldn't be blabbing that cocky mess.
It's OH VUH!

They aren't winning 4 out of 5. Get used to that cocky mess cause the Mavs are back.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #10
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

If you had told me in January that we could be able compete with the Lakers in the playoffs and beat them twice on the road without Caron and Roddy, I wouldn't have believed it then. That said, I still watched every game and hoped for the best. Things have obviously changed in the last couple of weeks and this week in particular, which is great to see.

Now I'm starting to reach a point where I don't care whether or not my belief in the Mavs is justified or objectively reasonable. I simply like to believe, barring any further injuries, that this team could get something special done this year. Whether "something special" means beating the Lakers and advancing to the conference finals or making it all the way to the NBA finals and being successful there, remains to be seen.

To an extent, we've already exceeded most people's expectations.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I was almost sure the question was going to be "Kobe, how my ass taste?!"
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

Through all the playoff losses year and year I have always believed. From getting my team ripped on by all of my bandwagon Laker friends I still believed. Since 20-62 at Reunion Arena I still believed...although I was a baby then lol go Mavs
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
It's OH VUH!

They aren't winning 4 out of 5. Get used to that cocky mess cause the Mavs are back.
You have to be 14 years old.

I sincerely hate people that do this. You get a very small taste of success, the job is nowhere near done and you are parading around like nothing can or will ever effect you/us. You were one of the ones that was pointing at your friends face being up 2-0 vs Miami and flipping out that we won it all! How'd that work?

By all means celebrate each win because it's a step closer, but for karmas sake and for others that know how basketball goes especially around here, keep some perspective...don't get overboard and obnoxious, the fat lady isn't even warming up.

I am happy as hell about going to the Champs house and beating them 2 times and now they seem to be slightly falling apart from the inside. I think it's obvious that we are playing great ball now, but if you haven't learned a lesson on not rocking the boat like you're doing then A) you haven't been a Mavs fan for very long, or B) You're just flat out stupid!

Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I, too, am going with excitement with a side of caution.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's OH VUH!

Miami says "hello"...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

Yeah, There's being happy and believing that you could, then there's being obnoxious and arrogant. We're in no position to be the latter. Anytime you wonder how to react after these situations as yourself, What does Dirk think?

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-05-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yeah, There's being happy and believing that you could, then there's being obnoxious and arrogant. We're in no position to be the latter. Anytime you wonder how to react after these situations as yourself, What does Dirk think?
WWDD? Is what all Mavs fans must ask.

No need to be cocky, but I have definitely been confident about this team since the Washington trade.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Miami says "hello"...

That night rates as probably one of the most disappointing events in my life. I was so disgusted with the Mavs/Miami/NBA in general, and honestly have never fully recovered.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
WWDD? Is what all Mavs fans must ask.

No need to be cocky, but I have definitely been confident about this team since the Washington trade.

Damn right. Dirks head is almost always screwed on straight. He's a good barometer.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #20
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Quote:
That night rates as probably one of the most disappointing events in my life. I was so disgusted with the Mavs/Miami/NBA in general, and honestly have never fully recovered.
The ultimate, ultimate, ultimate redemption

would be beating the Heat in the 2011 finals.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #21
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Since that night, I have never been the same sports fan. I've never allowed myself to get as invested in a team as I did that one, because of how much it hurt to see it all collapse like that.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They aren't winning 4 out of 5.
I'm pretty sure Lakers fans didn't think the Mavs could win the first two at Staples...never say never.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #23
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

A-Rod struck out looking, sending the Rangers to the World Series...Osama has been found and killed...the Lakers are down 2-0 to the Mavs losing both games at home...but still a part of me is keeping expectations down...someone let me know when the Mavs win the 4th game and actually advance to the WCF, then...I will allow myself to believe.

One game, one shot at a time!!! Enjoy the ride, but let's celebrate when the mission is TRULY accomplished!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

We have a meeting with destiny. One way to redeem ourselves. But there's not reason to get complacent. Keep the focus und stomp the weak.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #25
Maringa
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
The ultimate, ultimate, ultimate redemption

would be beating the Heat in the 2011 finals.
It would be awesome to redeem themselves against Miami...especially now that they are by far (or at least perceived by most basketball fans) recognized as the NBA's talented team. They are much better than the rag-tag team that upset us in 2006...

The 2006 Miami team was a nothing team...the following year they were horrible...No rights at all for winning the championship...But they did it...The refs made it hard, but Mavs were just mental/emotional midgets at the time...

This team is different, and that I like the fact that we are going in as the underdogs.

If we manage to beat the Lakers, I want them to be careful about the semi-finals. OKC or Memphis will be considered underdogs, and could lay a whipping on us...I would hate for the Mavs to overlook our next opponent.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #26
OneLove22

Quote:
It would be awesome to redeem themselves against Miami...especially now that they are by far (or at least perceived by most basketball fans) recognized as the NBA's talented team. They are much better than the rag-tag team that upset us in 2006...

The 2006 Miami team was a nothing team...the following year they were horrible...No rights at all for winning the championship...But they did it...The refs made it hard, but Mavs were just mental/emotional midgets at the time...

This team is different, and that I like the fact that we are going in as the underdogs.

If we manage to beat the Lakers, I want them to be careful about the semi-finals. OKC or Memphis will be considered underdogs, and could lay a whipping on us...I would hate for the Mavs to overlook our next opponent.
I just have great vibes about this teams mental approach. We are always on the right swivel. I don't see us overlooking any opponent. We just have to execute 1 play, 1 quarter, 1 game, 1 series at a time.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #27
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Wow a team that showed up to play..good job Mav fans you guys are half way there..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #28
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
In the Mean Green?
Dallas is wearing alternate green at home for game 3 ? YESS.

Dirk always plays well in the green. He had his 53 point game aganist McGrady's rockets in green I think, as well as the 2nd biggest fourth quarter behind his 29 point 4th against Utah in green.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #29
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Green jerseys are retired, and have been for years. It's a royal blue out (or a vain attempt at one, at least). They're not gonna wear green for it.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #30
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Miami says "hello"...

different story. Dallas had won the first 2 games at home. We are now up 2-0 after winning the games in LA.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
different story. Dallas had won the first 2 games at home. We are now up 2-0 after winning the games in LA.
We're still 2 wins away from closing this thing out and LA is an excellent road team.

Cockiness is bad karma...

Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #32
Maringa
Golden Member

Winning game 3 would be special and take tremendous pressure off the Mavs...I can't conceive of a situation that the Lakers could win 4 in a row...Although I wouldn't put it past Kobe to make that happen. If anyone could, he can...

If Lakers win game 3, things tighten up a bit putting a lot of pressure to win game 4. Although Dallas has been responding to tight games lately, the Lakers are special.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #33
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Miami says "hello"...

(disturbing image)
Uncalled for. These type of pictures should be banned from the board.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
Uncalled for. These type of pictures should be banned from the board.
Threads like this should be banned from the board.

We're a looooong way off from earning a ring and people around here are already acting like we've won something - that kind of arrogance needs a reality check...

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #35
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Miami says "hello"...

At the moment this picture was taken, I was hauling ass out of the AAC like my hair was on fire. F'ing pissed.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #36
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Threads like this should be banned from the board.

We're a looooong way off from earning a ring and people around here are already acting like we've won something - that kind of arrogance needs a reality check...
No argument here.

Rhylan,

I dented one of the doors at the AAC by kicking it as I was leaving. I took the train home that night from the AAC. It was dead silent until the end of the line when I got off. Grown men sitting with their heads down crying. It was like a funeral.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Definitely believe, but as somebody said in the other thread, cautiously optimistic. It's still far from over, but we made two huge steps. I have no doubt in my mind, that this Mavs knows what's up, and they know they still haven't accomplished anything. They're thinking about one thing, the next game tomorrow, and they know exactly why are they won those 2 games... Defense. Offense can come and go, we actually missed numerous open shots, just like the Lakers... But they really have a desire to play great defense, and it's just so good to see, because ultimately, it comes down to team defense in the playoffs. Go Mavs!
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #38
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to agree with UD on pretty much everything, but this thread doesn't really bother me. I'm still very guarded in my hopes for this team, but they've done something these past four days that they haven't done in many years. I don't really see a problem with people talking about "belief" in whether they can take this even further. It wouldn't really make sense to have to wait to talk about "belief"--if you wait much longer, your belief has already been justified or not, and discussing it would be a non-issue.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

There is a thin line between confidence and cockiness. You can definitely sense a large amount of confidence from the staff to the players to the fans.

I'll still take these types of attitudes/threads/posts to those who still think we'll choke and fail.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #40
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Believe ? We have to play our asses off til the end ( and see what happens next ) ( beers or exercise bike )

Tags
suffering from p.e.