Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
There is a thin line between confidence and cockiness. You can definitely sense a large amount of confidence from the staff to the players to the fans.

I'll still take these types of attitudes/threads/posts to those who still think we'll choke and fail.

The last time we felt this confident, we DID choke and fail.

Don't tempt fate with the Basketball Gods...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

There are a few things I believe in right now:

1. Mavs are up 2-0
2. Dirk is phenomenal.
3. Mavs as a team are playing really well, specially defensively.
4. It takes 4 wins to win the series.

I love what I'm seeing and what the possibilities are...

However... if there is one team that can win anytime anywhere, regardless of setting, it is Kobe and the Lakers ....

So can we please take it one game at a time?
Old 05-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #43
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm cautiously optimistic. The Lakers are like a scared wounded animal we have backed into a wall which is the worse kind of animal. The Mavs and we as fans all have to becareful not to get overly confident.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #44
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I believe we have the potential to do something great. I was honestly excited we made it out of the first round, but now we're playing better ball than any other team in the L. That being said, you can't count any team out of a series until they've lost 4 games in it...ESPECIALLY when you are in the Western Semis playing the 2 time defending champs with one of the most stacked teams of recent memory. Lakers can easily reel off 4 straight.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #45
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

STFU, it´s over when the Mavs have the 4th win!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #46
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic. The Lakers are like a scared wounded animal we have backed into a wall which is the worse kind of animal. The Mavs and we as fans all have to becareful not to get overly confident.
Were they not wounded after Game One? Were they not scared during Game Two?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #47
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Were they not wounded after Game One? Were they not scared during Game Two?
Not saying they weren't I'm just superstitious therefore afraid of coming right out and saying we will win the next two (which I believe we will.) *knock on wood*
Old 05-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

06 being constantly mentioned is getting tiresome. Different team. Different coach. Different philosophy and mindset. Five years ago. The Mavs could still certainly lose this series, but I personally don't think it'll have anything to do with 06. I think even the basketball gods are sick of hearing about it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
06 being constantly mentioned is getting tiresome. Different team. Different coach. Different philosophy and mindset. Five years ago. The Mavs could still certainly lose this series, but I personally don't think it'll have anything to do with 06. I think even the basketball gods are sick of hearing about it.
Same fans, same arrogance, same wrathful Basketball Gods...

I have no problem with a bit of optimism, but there's absolutely no reason to think we're going to win it all when we're only 6/16 of the way there.

You go ahead and pound your chest and curse at the heavens - I'm going to support my Mavs by keeping my basketball karma in check.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Same fans, same arrogance, same wrathful Basketball Gods...

I have no problem with a bit of optimism, but there's absolutely no reason to think we're going to win it all when we're only 6/16 of the way there.

You go ahead and pound your chest and curse at the heavens - I'm going to support my Mavs by keeping my basketball karma in check.
lol...I've certainly kept my karma in check. I just think the 06 talk becomes weak after a while.

I agree about getting ahead of one's self. With that said, there is little argument over whether we're championship contenders or not. I'm still standing by my Mavs in 7 prediction. How about that for karma?!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #51
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just not sure I agree that stating "I believe" is putting the cart before the horse or in any way arrogant. This seems the perfect time for that sort of predictive remark.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-05-2011 at 07:06 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I BELIEVE we should lay it all out there to win the next one....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #53
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm just not sure I agree that stating "I believe" is putting the cart before the horse or in any way arrogant. This seems the perfect time for that sort of predictive remark.
Hard to say...

Right now both OKC and Memphis look like better teams than the Lakers - we could put the Champs away only to lose in 5 or 6 in the WCF.

One game at a time, one series at a time... Don't tempt fate (and for the love of Basketball God, DON'T make us the front-runners - we thrive as underdogs!)

Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #54
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I BELIEVE we should lay it all out there to win the next one....
Winning the next one would substantially change my stance on this thread.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #55
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Rick put it best. "We still have to win ten more games to reach our goal."
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #56
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i'm taking it one game at a time. i'm not thinking about who we might match up with in the WCF or in the finals, i'm thinking about game 3 and 4 and how we need to finish the job against the lakers. this isn't over. Even if we go up 3-0, i'll be worried about making history by losing 4-3. i'll be worried about the lakers until it's over.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #57
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

a) we havent won this series yet. we need at LEAST a split at home... else i see this possibly collapsing.
b) memphis scares me. they are a very physical team and dallas does not do well against team that attack the paint. chandler doesnt know how to stay out of foul trouble and 30 minutes of haywood are no good.
so... im taking it 1 game at a time....
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #58
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

It's OH VUH!!!!

Mavericks win.. Flawless Victory.

Do you BEEEEELiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeve?!!?!?!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #59
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, Houston thought they had us beat after winning the first two games in Dallas.....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #60
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

The boys need to go in with the mind set this is a must win. If they think a win is a given even for one instant they are screwed.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #61
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
It's OH VUH!!!!

Mavericks win.. Flawless Victory.

Do you BEEEEELiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeve?!!?!?!

If I were a mod I would ban you! Continuing on the same reckless path after 900 people essentially oppose the stupid focking post or the annoying cockiness just to be a prick. It's trollery.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #62
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Why Dale why? Dale Hanson is putting the jinx on us he is on TV claiming the series is over.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #63
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

So much gloom and doom after two historic victories.

If some among us wish to holler and frolic around a bit, let them.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #64
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

This is the dumbest ass thread since some fool created that "is this the most lopsided finals matchup" thread after the Mavs went 2 up in the finals. WTF. I almost feel like bumping that stupid thread just to counter this one.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #65
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So much gloom and doom after two historic victories.

If some among us wish to holler and frolic around a bit, let them.

Well wtf are YOU waiting for?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #66
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with this thread. Nothing wrong with hollering and frolicing around, BUT IF lakers somehow pull a miracle out of their ass (not really, since its the lakers) and tie the series up 2-2, i dont want to see the bitching and moaning come up again ( yea a realize this is a message baord and you can post whatever the f you want and tell me to go somewhere else, but it pisses me off). This is reminding me a lot of the texas-yankees series last fall. I'm not saying anything until the last second expires and we have 4 wins in this series. Anything can still happen.

I like what others have said in this and other threads:

"Cautiously optimistic"

"Don't tempt fate"

Yes i realize that posts made by random members on a message baord have little to nothing to do with how well a team executes on the basketball court, but we still dont start gameday threads a day early now do we?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #67
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If I were a mod I would ban you! Continuing on the same reckless path after 900 people essentially oppose the stupid focking post or the annoying cockiness just to be a prick. It's trollery.
Ban me for what?

Showing some nads because my team has finally gotten their killer swagger back?

I'm not going to walk on egg shells. Let the whole NBA world know that the mavs got their magic back.

Confidence back in big D? Oh VUH?

Last edited by CATCH-17; 05-05-2011 at 11:13 PM.
CATCH-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #68
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Can't get ahead of ourselves... Broussard says Lakers still win the series!
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #69
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbard View Post
Can't get ahead of ourselves... Broussard says Lakers still win the series!
Did he provide anything other than old time rhetoric?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #70
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I have been believe all season long.I pray to Dirk well.And now when I watch this team in TV I am feeling pride.
Mavericks is religion
religion is Mavericks

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #71
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hard to say...

Right now both OKC and Memphis look like better teams than the Lakers - we could put the Champs away only to lose in 5 or 6 in the WCF.

One game at a time, one series at a time... Don't tempt fate (and for the love of Basketball God, DON'T make us the front-runners - we thrive as underdogs!)
I totally get what you're saying, but I still don't agree that an "I believe (the Mavs are winning it all)" type post is tempting fate, or anything of the sort. It's just a statement of belief. If Underdog wants to be cautious, or Flacolaco wants to be super cautious, or fluid wants to be guardedly optimistic, or whatever, more power to everyone. But I really don't think that means it's inappropriate for someone else to comment that their belief is sky high.

It would be different if people were running around acting like the 'ship was already won, but I really don't see that at all. "I believe" seems to me a statement of faith, not an assessment of the present situation.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #72
DallasMavericksIn2011

DallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the rough

Winning two games in Los Angeles will make a believer out of anyone, no matter how dense they are. But then again, these are the Mavs... Though winning the title lies in the realm of possibilities, nothing could ever make me believe more than when the Mavs actually win a title. I wouldn't trust this team with a 3-0 lead in any situation. I've suffered too many heartbreaks.
DallasMavericksIn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #73
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am optimistic, cause there are all the signs showing that the players (not necessarily the fans) know that it isn't over until it's over. They can play better and they know it, and they certainly know that the Lakers are not done yet. All those stories about the Lakers being too old are a huge incentive for them. Maybe they will feel even less pressure on the road, especially a guy like Gasol, who is booed by his own (retarded) fans. It's all about momentum. If we let them back into the series, it could be very difficult to stop them. On the other hand, I don't see any player who has that fire, hunger and determination to win no matter what.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #74
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

The players and coaches are certainly saying the righht things so far. They are as cautious as anyone and im pleased with everything Dirk has said up to this point. He's acting like hes been there before.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #75
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:

You have to have confidence to win. Doubt and cockiness are the ultimate team killers.

Last edited by OneLove22; 05-06-2011 at 03:01 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 AM   #76
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I just gonna ask: No one has the balls to start a GDT thread?
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 AM   #77
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I just gonna ask: No one has the balls to start a GDT thread?
Only one man has authorization to, and he is not here at this hour.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-06-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:26 AM   #78
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Only one man has Chuck's authorization to, and he is not here at this hour.
Fixed.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #79
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I totally get what you're saying, but I still don't agree that an "I believe (the Mavs are winning it all)" type post is tempting fate, or anything of the sort. It's just a statement of belief. If Underdog wants to be cautious, or Flacolaco wants to be super cautious, or fluid wants to be guardedly optimistic, or whatever, more power to everyone. But I really don't think that means it's inappropriate for someone else to comment that their belief is sky high.

It would be different if people were running around acting like the 'ship was already won, but I really don't see that at all. "I believe" seems to me a statement of faith, not an assessment of the present situation.
I agree and that's what I was thinking while typing my intial post in this thread. In addition, is there really that much of a difference between believing and being cautiously optimistic? If I believe in this team as a fan, it doesn't mean that I expect a certain outcome. It only means that I have enough faith in our team to think that things could go our way and I want to believe that it'll eventually be a series in our favor.

With that said, it's obvious that this series with the Lakers is far from over. Whether I "believe" or just color myself "cautiously optimistic" doesn't really make a difference. Both believers and optimists only hope for an outcome.

Last edited by dalger; 05-06-2011 at 09:42 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #80
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
Ban me for what?

Showing some nads because my team has finally gotten their killer swagger back?

I'm not going to walk on egg shells. Let the whole NBA world know that the mavs got their magic back.

Confidence back in big D? Oh VUH?

I told you once exactly why I would ban you, basically because you are so annoyingly over the top when we aren't even out of the 2nd round yet.

You're not showing "some nads", You're showing your ass. As many people have said theres a difference between confidence and cocky and then there's you, just purposely being annoying because you're oblivious to the way basketball works especially around here. Which should only mean that you are about 14yrs old.

Are you 14?

What do you mean, "they got their Killer Swagger back"? Does that mean they are totally awesome because the cool kids at your school are sporting their jerseys again?

And what are you doing to "Let the whole NBA world know the Mavs got their Magic back"?? Are you going on Good Day America to announce this, or just be over the top in a forum of Mavs fans who generally have a good grasp already of whats going on?

Tags
suffering from p.e.