Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #81
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Take a lesson from Dirk.

Up 3-0 is big; 2-1 whole other story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Caplan
DALLAS -- Perhaps better than most, Dirk Nowitzki knows not to count his chickens before they hatch. The Dallas Mavericks can seize a commanding 3-0 lead tonight at the American Airlines, but they know it won't come easy against the two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers.

"We're a veteran team and we've talked about it. This series is far from over," Nowitzki said. "I've been around a long time. I've been up 2-0 before, ended up losing the series. I've been down 2-0 where I lost both home games against Houston a couple years ago [2005], came back and won in Game 7. We've seen a lot of things happen in this league, so we've got to stay focused, stay together and let our home crowd ride us."

The Lakers are 2-1 on the road in the playoffs. They took a 2-1 lead in Game 3 in New Orleans and closed out the series in Game 6.

Jason Kidd provided the mindset for the team in the 0-2 hole.

"Just get one," Kidd said. "Start with getting one and work from there. Once you get one you can relax a little bit and then kind of put the pressure back on the team that has the lead. That would be the mindset for the Lakers is just to get one and it turns it into a series."

No doubt it would. No team has ever rallied from being down 3-0 down, although the Mavs -- of all teams, right? -- flirted with doing it in the first round in 2003 when Portland came all the back only to lose in Game 7. However, if the Lakers win, the pressure then falls squarely on the Mavs to win in Game 4 with Game 5 back in L.A. on Tuesday night.

"They're the champs. They won on the road before," Kidd said. "We saw them win in New Orleans in Game 3 to take control of that series so we've got to be prepared for that tonight."

And how should the team up 2-0 enter Game 3?

"Well," Kidd said, "you've got to act as if you're down 0-2."
Would you tell Dirk that he doesn't "believe" because he says the series is far from over? Of course not.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #82
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

It's oh VUH, it's oh VUH now, move oh VUH, it's our turn now, it's OH vuuuuh the games shut down... SORRY!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #83
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are not having the 4h win so it´s not over!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Winning the next one would substantially change my stance on this thread.
Done.

I believe... It's oh-VUH!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-06-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #85
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Done.

I believe... It's oh-VUH!
Oh it's great. We got our swagger back.

What Bennett Salvatore and the Miami Heat stole from us we have finally recaptured.

Finally.. THE MAVS HAVE COME BACK TO TITLE CONTENTION!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #86
Texas stand up

Texas stand up is on a distinguished road

I believe that we are headed straight to the finals to get revenge on miami
Texas stand up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #87
CATCH-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas stand up View Post
Yes!

I want that game so we can punch those guys straight in their mouth!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #88
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas stand up View Post
We'd F em up. Can't wait to see Bosh guarding Dirk.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #89
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Believe in what? POR were overrated by media, LAL just sucks, they're not playing their real level. I believe that Dirk won't surrender and will fight till last seconds of last game, but other players have to step up in all games. Not just Kidd in first, Marion in second, Chandler in third, Terry in fourth, they have to be focused in all games in series if we want title.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Believe in what? POR were overrated by media, LAL just sucks, they're not playing their real level. I believe that Dirk won't surrender and will fight till last seconds of last game, but other players have to step up in all games. Not just Kidd in first, Marion in second, Chandler in third, Terry in fourth, they have to be focused in all games in series if we want title.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-07-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #91
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I believe more after each game. I sure don't want to have the onus of being the only team to let a team come back after being down 3-0. Living with the Miami fiasco has been bad enough.

Would love to see this team get some good rest by not having to travel to the coast again this series. Gotta believe they are going to give it their all to squash the Lakers and toss them all the way back to L.A.

Go Mavs!!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #92
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I told you once exactly why I would ban you, basically because you are so annoyingly over the top when we aren't even out of the 2nd round yet.

You're not showing "some nads", You're showing your ass. As many people have said theres a difference between confidence and cocky and then there's you, just purposely being annoying because you're oblivious to the way basketball works especially around here. Which should only mean that you are about 14yrs old.

Are you 14?

What do you mean, "they got their Killer Swagger back"? Does that mean they are totally awesome because the cool kids at your school are sporting their jerseys again?

And what are you doing to "Let the whole NBA world know the Mavs got their Magic back"?? Are you going on Good Day America to announce this, or just be over the top in a forum of Mavs fans who generally have a good grasp already of whats going on?
I think we can safely conclude that no one of consequence (i.e. mavs players) are paying any attention to this board, and certainly not allowing it to effect their play.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #93
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
lakers suck because the mavs have the better team?

lol
Old 05-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #94
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
lakers suck because the mavs have the better team?

lol
Becuase Bryant plays with injury, because Gasol isn't in his rhythm.
You don't see it?

lol
Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #95
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread contains such hazardous material.

How is this different from someone else starting a GDT?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #96
CATCH-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
This thread contains such hazardous material.

How is this different from someone else starting a GDT?
It's not hazardous material.

It's just time to believe again. Do you?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #97
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
It's not hazardous material.

It's just time to believe again. Do you?
It's hard to believe that we just swept the Lakers.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #98
CATCH-17

DO YOU BELIEVE?!?!?!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #99
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Becuase Bryant plays with injury, because Gasol isn't in his rhythm.
You don't see it?

lol
Just very quickly: did you see the thunderous dunks Kobe had against the Hornettes? We just clogged up the lane and completely discouraged him from going there.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #100
CATCH-17

It's OH VUH!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #101
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Now I BELIEVE ;-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #102
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

When we got TC I felt we had a chance under the right conditions. He was the critical piece. When they played well during the season I realized how good this team was. It was the perfect blend that had the capability to beat anyone. Even when Dirk got injured I still thought they had plenty of time to get it together. I did think we needed Roddy to come around to provide penetration but JJB filled that role. I got a little worried as the team continued to struggle and everyone was bailing on the dream. But then it occured to me that to many things were coming together to be only a coincidence.

1. The Heat were beginning to play well and they looked like they might possibly win out in the east. 2. we were reminded that the Mavs had never faced the Lakers in the playoffs since 88 and when that last happened I just knew that they would beat them the next time they met. ( of course I expected it would be the next year) Here were two opportunitys that appeared to be coming together to fullfill unfinished business in the same year. 3. And the last and clincher was that in the last few years the mavs began to play their best ball to end the season. They worked their way up in the seedings towards the end of the shedule, but then it would turn out to be fools gold as they ended up disappointing in the playoffs. While the Lakers dropped games and seedings at the end of the season but turned it on during the playoffs and won it all. I believe I even posted as such. We are losing and dropping games so why couldn't we pick it up for the playoffs. It was just the opposite of past years. They were just resting up and saving the intensity for the playoffs.

All the pieces were coming together for a reverse 4-2 series win against the Heat. When they beat the Lakers and the Heat beat the Celtics I just knew what the outcome was going to be. The feeling that the mavs were the team of destiny was playing itself out like a steamroller that the farther it moved the more imposible it was to stop. By the time they faced the Heat it was already forgone conclusion.

But I was not about to jinks it by posting all that before it actually happened I had just posted #3. I have a funny feeling that the players knew it too. They had to believe for it to happen. They were like the Lakers of past years who knew they had an extra gear they could hold in reserve when they needed it as evidenced by their fourth quarter come backs thoughout the playoffs. They were not going to be denied or beat this year.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #103
Liki

Liki is on a distinguished road

Are Mavs going to White House to meet the president?
Because i know that every team who has win NBA ring have gone to White House??
Liki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #104
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Which brings up: With the best basketball player on the planet being white, and the president of the United States being black..... are we close to apocalypse? Were the Mayans right? Is the end near at hand?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #105
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Which brings up: With the best basketball player on the planet being white, and the president of the United States being black..... are we close to apocalypse? Were the Mayans right? Is the end near at hand?
All we need now is a mexican quarterback in the superbowl, then certainly the apocalypse is nigh upon us.

oh my....
Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #106
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Which brings up: With the best basketball player on the planet being white, and the president of the United States being black.....
...and a woman running Germany. Good times indeed.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #107
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
...and a woman running Germany. Good times indeed.
Nahhh, not really...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #108
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

It's not really about whether she's doing a good job or not. Regardless of Obama's and Merkel's respective work, it's an achievement for society to have two of the five most influential nations in the world run by a woman and an African American. Just like it's great for the game of basketball to have a white guy on top of the world for a change.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #109
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
All we need now is a mexican quarterback in the superbowl, then certainly the apocalypse is nigh upon us.

oh my....
I can handle a Mexican QB leading a team to a title.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #110
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

If the Rangers and Mavs can get there, the so can the Cowboys....Jerry is just as passionate about winning as Cuban

Tags
suffering from p.e.