Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm curious..what do you Lakers fans think of this Mavs team?

I'd love to have the input of our friendly visitors... What do you think of Dallas..Dirk?..Kidd?.. JET..chandler and so on.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I think they are speechless
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I think they left.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

nvm

Last edited by walter; 05-07-2011 at 04:58 PM.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Variant

Variant is on a distinguished road

I'm not a Laker fan, but I do live in Southern California.

Your Average Joe Laker fan isn't really aware of other teams or knows much about their rosters -- only that the Lakers are God's team and Kobe Bryant always saves the day.

Right now everyone is very, very confused. They haven't quite figured out why it is they can't defend the pick and roll, how it is that Bynum isn't dunking on everyone at will, and why Kobe Bryant isn't able to be like MJ at will to close out games. Surely it can't be those guys in white/blue... it must be the zebras.

They may never figure it out either -- that's how delusional folks are down here in La-La land, but rest assured the rest of us can see it plainly. Dirk is a cold-blooded assassin this post-season. Finish 'em off boys.

-KingsFan

PS: Hated you guys earlier in the decade, but really pulling for Dirk and Peja and have always respected you guys as fans.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post
-KingsFan

PS: Hated you guys earlier in the decade, but really pulling for Dirk and Peja and have always respected you guys as fans.
That respect is definitely mutual. I always hated the Kings with a passion, but man those Arco Arena fans were no joke.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Lacker_Despiser

Lacker_Despiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post
I'm not a Laker fan, but I do live in Southern California.

Your Average Joe Laker fan isn't really aware of other teams or knows much about their rosters -- only that the Lakers are God's team and Kobe Bryant always saves the day.

Right now everyone is very, very confused. They haven't quite figured out why it is they can't defend the pick and roll, how it is that Bynum isn't dunking on everyone at will, and why Kobe Bryant isn't able to be like MJ at will to close out games. Surely it can't be those guys in white/blue... it must be the zebras.

They may never figure it out either -- that's how delusional folks are down here in La-La land, but rest assured the rest of us can see it plainly. Dirk is a cold-blooded assassin this post-season. Finish 'em off boys.
Pretty much this. I grew up a die-hard Jordan fan and have thus always despised the Lakers--even after Jordan's retirement. Most Laker fans you encounter here in Southern California are myopic Kobe worshipers who know nothing fundamentally regarding the sport, let alone the talent--or lack thereof--that other teams possess.

Nevertheless, though I am not a Mavs fan, I want to extend a genuine 'thank you' to your team's organization for pulverizing the Lakers. Hopefully now, those hideous Laker flags found on a myriad of cars' windows around here will be removed too.
Lacker_Despiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
That respect is definitely mutual. I always hated the Kings with a passion, but man those Arco Arena fans were no joke.
I am surprised no one else adopted the cowbell tactic. That was annoyingly effective. Like vuvuzelas.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacker_Despiser View Post
Pretty much this. I grew up a die-hard Jordan fan and have thus always despised the Lakers--even after Jordan's retirement. Most Laker fans you encounter here in Southern California are myopic Kobe worshipers who know nothing fundamentally regarding the sport, let alone the talent--or lack thereof--that other teams possess.

Nevertheless, though I am not a Mavs fan, I want to extend a genuine 'thank you' to your team's organization for pulverizing the Lakers. Hopefully now, those hideous Laker flags found on a myriad of cars' windows around here will be removed too.
So you're saying that they're kinda what you'd expect out of LA? Perhaps the same as your typical Yankees fan that isn't from NY.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
Lacker_Despiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
So you're saying that they're kinda what you'd expect out of LA? Perhaps the same as your typical Yankees fan that isn't from NY.
Since I'm not familiar with Yankees fans in general, I cannot say. But I'd like to add that generalizing isn't a useful thing to do. FWIW, some Laker fans epitomize the knowledgeable basketball fan and can be found in small amounts over on the Lakersground forum. However, based on what I've seen and experienced here in Southern California the last 20 or so years growing up here, most of these Laker fans' understanding of the game are laughable at best.

And to answer your question directly as it was posed in the OP: I'd love to see Dirk hoist the O'brien trophy simply because of the verve he has on the court and because he's an all-around class act. Much respect to Dirk. I'm going to have to be honest though, if the Heat win it all, it will be just that much more joyous for me with respect to Laker fans being crushed that Lebron attained a ring, lol.

Last edited by Lacker_Despiser; 05-07-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacker_Despiser View Post
Since I'm not familiar with Yankees fans in general, I cannot say. But I'd like to add that generalizing isn't a useful thing to do. FWIW, some Laker fans epitomize the knowledgeable basketball fan and can be found in small amounts over on the Lakersground forum. However, based on what I've seen and experienced here in Southern California the last 20 or so years growing up here, most of these Laker fans' understanding of the game are laughable at best.

And to answer your question directly as it was posed in the OP: I'd love to see Dirk hoist the O'brien trophy simply because of the verve he has on the court and because he's an all-around class act. Much respect to Dirk. I'm going to have to be honest though, if the Heat win it all, it will be just that much more joyous for me with respect to Laker fans being crushed that Lebron attained a ring, lol.
not sure i understand your reasoning in the 2nd paragraph.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Lacker_Despiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
not sure i understand your reasoning in the 2nd paragraph.
I don't have a favorite team or player; I just want the Lakers to lose. So whomever turns out to be the victor other than the Lakers is fine with me. Regarding Dirk, this series really opened my eyes as to how talented he his. I had always respected him as a basketball player before, but do even more so now.

I also know that almost every Laker fan is a staunch hater of Lebron. Hence being that much more sweet should he win it all this year. I understand espousing this feeling on a Mav's forum isn't going to go over too well with the people who peruse it, but I'm being as genuine and honest as possible.

Last edited by Lacker_Despiser; 05-07-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
Dirkleton

Dirkleton is on a distinguished road
Default laker fan reaction

I had to be at work at 7 am on a beautiful Saturday morning.........so naturally as soon as I got there I immediately had to start researching laker fan reactions to a third straight loss. After game 1 they thought it was a fluke like new orleans. After game 2, they were concerned but still overly pompous and egotistical. Now after game 3, the majority of them have turned their backs. Most of them place the blame squarely on either gasol or jacksons shoulders, however, not one post in one thread ever gives the mavs any credit for beating them. They would rather point fingers and blame the Lakers rather than credit the mavs........and they haate Dirk.
Dirkleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Mavs have played great; I'm not going to take anything away from them complaining about refs or anything like that.

At the same time, I think they've played an improbable game. It's against all odds that they are 3-0 against the Lakers.

I think the Mavs would have been in a better position losing game 2 or game 3.

Statistically speaking, the trend has to reverse.

If history is to be made, this is the team to do it against.

A desperate Lakers team will win Game 4 to avoid the sweep, Game 5 in LA comes at a perfect time.

Game 6 worries me but if they can get past Game 6, Game 7 will be theirs.

I'm with Kobe, the Lakers will win this series.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-07-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
ThreevensonsBeard

ThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the roughThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the roughThreevensonsBeard is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
Mavs have played great; I'm not going to take anything away from them complaining about refs or anything like that.

At the same time, I think they've played an improbable game. It's against all odds that they are 3-0 against the Lakers.

A desperate Lakers team will win Game 4 to avoid the sweep, Game 5 in LA comes at a perfect time.

Game 6 worries me but if they can get past Game 6, Game 7 will be theirs.

Yes. Your logic is infallible. The mavs would be in a much better position if they were up 2-1 instead of 3-0. Genius.
ThreevensonsBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'd love to have the input of our friendly visitors... What do you think of Dallas..Dirk?..Kidd?.. JET..chandler and so on.
Dirk has been unstoppable and a sissied out Pau has not made Dirk play any defense...that's been killer right there.

Kidd and Jet are good for the Lakers. They have both been liabilities on defense despite their offense.

Chandler has had a monster series; probably 2nd to Dirk. TC can't stop Bynum but he's kept the Lakers defense honest for fear of the lob.

Timely hero minutes by JJB saved game 2 and Peja saved game 3.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreevensonsBeard View Post
Genius.
Why thank you.

It's similar to 2006, Mavs also jumped out to an improbable 2-0 but lost the next 4 straight.

Don't worry, after Lakers wins in 4 & 5, I'll come back and tell you "I told you so"

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-07-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

I'm a Sixers fan, but i love Dirk Nowitzki and don't understand his portrayal in the national media. Hopefully the Mavs can get their revenge against the Heat's 3 stooges this year. But it will be a tough road to the title.

Dirk: Awesome clutch floor general. Can score against anyone. Maybe Garnett can "stop" him. German engineering.
Kidd: Experienced and intelligent player. Due to age needs a lot of rest. If he gets it, there is almost no difference to Kidd of 10 years ago. If not, he will take the Mavs to turnover city.
Terry: Bit of a wild card, like Peja. Am more impressed with Chandler/Haywood.

The series against the Lakers is pretty much over. Congratulations!

Quote:

Your post represents the average arrogant Lakers fan pretty well. And i love your take on statistics, maybe you should check this link out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

You are in denial. On Sunday you will have to move on to the second stage of grief: Pain and Guilt.

Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 05-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
ajk822

ajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really niceajk822 is just really nice

Quote:
Why thank you.

It's similar to 2006, Mavs also jumped out to an improbable 2-0 but lost the next 4 straight.

Don't worry, after Lakers wins in 4 & 5, I'll come back and tell you "I told you so"
Don't worry, you'll be on here in 17 hours telling us "I was wrong".

And Laker fans wonder why no one likes them...
ajk822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #21
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Your post represents the average arrogant Lakers fan pretty well. And i love your take on statistics, maybe you should check this link out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
And your post represents the average ignorant fan very well.

Quote:
You are in denial. On Sunday you will have to move on to the second stage of grief: Pain and Guilt.
Make sure you come back after Sunday's game

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #22
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk822 View Post
Don't worry, you'll be on here in 17 hours telling us "I was wrong".
Hey, if the Mavs win, I will congratulate and move on.

Not cry about the refs.

Quote:
And Laker fans wonder why no one likes them...
What have I done? You want me to concede defeat before the series is over? Lol.

I haven't done jack but you have some pre-conceived animosity which is your own personal issue, not mines.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I'm a Sixers fan, but i love Dirk Nowitzki and don't understand his portrayal in the national media. Hopefully the Mavs can get their revenge against the Heat's 3 stooges this year. But it will be a tough road to the title.

The series against the Lakers is pretty much over. Congratulations!

After watching ESPN today and listening to some national talk shows, I'm having a difficult time finding out who the Lakers are playing in the playoffs. I know the Lakers are down 3-0, but that's all I've been able to find out. Instead of talking about the Mavs, ESPN is already talking about what the Lakers need to do in the off season.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #24
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this same gif was used in 2006 after the commanding 2-0 lead.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #25
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
And your post represents the average ignorant fan very well.
How so? Because i educated you?
Dirk will educate LA on sunday further, it will be a lesson in house cleaning.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #26
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if this same gif was used in 2006 after the commanding 2-0 lead.
I wouldn't be surprised if you had an extra chromosome.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #27
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
How so? Because i educated you?
Dirk will educate LA on sunday further, it will be a lesson in house cleaning.
Lol, more ignorance.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #28
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Lakers just aren't as good as the Mavs and it is showing. series will be over in 4
Old 05-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #29
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you had an extra chromosome.
And I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have a pair.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #30
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

A Mavs win obviously increases the chances of the Lakers winning the next game. I have very concrete evidence for this.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #31
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
A Mavs win obviously increases the chances of the Lakers winning the next game. I have very concrete evidence for this.
It actually does.

If the Lakers were up 3-0, I'd say the Mavs will win Game 4.

It would be highly improbable for either the Lakers or Mavs to sweep the other.

Do you fellas believe the Mavs will sweep the Lakers?
Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #32
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk has been unstoppable and a sissied out Pau has not made Dirk play any defense...that's been killer right there.

Kidd and Jet are good for the Lakers. They have both been liabilities on defense despite their offense.

Chandler has had a monster series; probably 2nd to Dirk. TC can't stop Bynum but he's kept the Lakers defense honest for fear of the lob.

Timely hero minutes by JJB saved game 2 and Peja saved game 3.
Don't take this the wrong way, because you've been posting pretty good stuff for the most part and have been comporting yourself with class around here, but this is just wrong. TC has NOT had a monster series. He's been pretty average. His defense on Bynum has improved as the series has progressed, yes. Jet has had the best series next to Dirk. Kidd and Jet have both been GOOD on defense, while Kidd has been committing unforced turnovers and missed wide-open 3's offensively. Dirk is playing damn good defense on Pau and is an underrated defender at this point.

JJB&Peja's "hero minutes" were all made possible by the attention Dirk draws. JJB was making layups and Peja was hitting wide-open 3's. It's what they're both best at. Not some miracle fluke.

And as you must know, from watching the Lakers recent playoff runs, you need role players to step up if you wanna advance. Ariza, Fischer against Orlando? Artest hitting crazy ass shots last season? Really, if you're going to post here don't make excuses and bring your "A" game. Seems you too are suffering from "Laker's Entitlement Syndrome". Must be something to do with the smoggy air out there.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-07-2011 at 10:22 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #33
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

this thread being created seems like a bad idea.. flame baiting trolls. no point tempting the gods of fate, either.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #34
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
you basically just did
your right, im sure Heat would be in a better position too down 2-1 rather than up 2-1
No it doesn't, every game is an individual
Against the best team in the west? a team clearly better than the lakers (their oppenent), no?
A desperate Lakers team will win Game 4 to avoid the sweep
No they won't, the Lakers were just as desperate in game 2 and 3 and we saw the results
Game 6 worries me.
There won't be a game 5 to worry about fo you
nope and we won't hear from you for a while after tomorrow
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #35
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
After watching ESPN today and listening to some national talk shows, I'm having a difficult time finding out who the Lakers are playing in the playoffs. I know the Lakers are down 3-0, but that's all I've been able to find out. Instead of talking about the Mavs, ESPN is already talking about what the Lakers need to do in the off season.
That's what i meant. ESPN is the worst when it comes to the mavs, did cuban order a hit on some journalists in the last years? Inside the NBA was always quite fair, although Kenny Smith's manlove for Kobe gets in the way of journalistic integrity (yeah i know, chuck, kenny and chris are just retired ballers )

Quote:
It actually does.
now i am really butthurt that you did not read the link. could save you a lot of money on your next trip to a casino.

Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 05-07-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #36
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
this thread being created seems like a bad idea.. flame baiting trolls. no point tempting the gods of fate, either.
There's room for good debate I think.

I only respond to ignorant comments with the same. If you talk to me about basketball, I'll respond with the same.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #37
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
It actually does.
based on what?

maybe if Dallas was at home
not anymore, the Mavs only need to win the next individual games
0 reason to think otherwise
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #38
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if someone started this thread midway through game 3 of the nba finals.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #39
LonghornDub

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, because you've been posting pretty good stuff for the most part and have been comporting yourself with class around here
Yeah, his passive-aggressive trash talk and utterly nonsensical analysis has been a real boon to this board.

Seriously though, Laker fan, I was hoping we could continue to discuss the important issues you've raised. This forum could benefit greatly from further discussion of the logically sound, analogically accurate points you have raised throughout this thread. E.g., "Statistically speaking, the trend has to reverse." Poignant. Insightful.

I hope you'll indulge us with some more thought-provoking material.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #40
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, because you've been posting pretty good stuff for the most part and have been comporting yourself with class around here, but this is just wrong. TC has NOT had a monster series. He's been pretty average. His defense on Bynum has improved as the series has progressed, yes. Jet has had the best series next to Dirk. Kidd and Jet have both been GOOD on defense, while Kidd has been committing unforced turnovers and missed wide-open 3's. Dirk is playing damn good defense on Pau and is an underrated defender at this point.
By monster, I meant that TC has been holding his own. He's not had success in stopping Bynum but he's been able to stay on the court and stop the other Lakers.

If it was Haywood instead of TC, I think it would be the Lakers up 3-0 or 2-1.

Quote:
JJB&Peja's "hero minutes" were all made possible by the attention Dirk draws. JJB was making layups and Peja was hitting wide-open 3's. It's what they're both best at. Not some miracle fluke.
I agree, no flukes or miracles...it's the timeliness that made them hero's.

Quote:
And as you must know, from watching the Lakers recent playoff runs, you need role players to step up if you wanna advance. Ariza, Fischer against Orlando? Artest hitting crazy ass shots last season? Really, if you're going to post here don't make excuses and bring your "A" game. Seems you too are suffering from "Laker's Entitlement Syndrome". Must be something to do with the smoggy air out there.
I think you misconstrued me as saying the wins were flukes. They weren't flukes, the Mavs played great and won their games.

I'm not sure which part is the "Entitlement syndrome".

Is it "entitled" to think the Lakers won't get swept?

Do you also believe the Mavs will sweep the Lakers?

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-07-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Tags
bynum4mvp-sucks, elbow4suspension