Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #41
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Yeah, his passive-aggressive trash talk and utterly nonsensical analysis has been a real boon to this board.

Seriously though, Laker fan, I was hoping we could continue to discuss the important issues you've raised. This forum could benefit greatly from further discussion of the logically sound, analogically accurate points you have raised throughout this thread. E.g., "Statistically speaking, the trend has to reverse." Poignant. Insightful.

I hope you'll indulge us with some more thought-provoking material.
When he first starting posting his attitude wasn't like this. He had some nice initial posts. Actually seemed to care about basketball. It's devolved as the Lakers have crumbled into this.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #42
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
When he first starting posting his attitude wasn't like this. He had some nice initial posts. Actually seemed to care about basketball. It's devolved as the Lakers have crumbled into this.
What have I said that is so terrible?
Bynum4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynum4MVP View Post
By monster, I meant that TC has been holding his own. He's not had success in stopping Bynum but he's been able to stay on the court and stop the other Lakers.

If it was Haywood instead of TC, I think it would be the Lakers up 3-0 or 2-1.

I agree, no flukes or miracles...it's the timeliness that made them hero's.

I think you misconstrued me as saying the wins were flukes. They weren't flukes, the Mavs played great and won their games.

I'm not sure which part is the "Entitlement syndrome". Is it "entitled" to think the Lakers won't get swept?

Do you also believe the Mavs will sweep the Lakers?
Naw man. You have every right to believe the lakers will still win the next game or even the series. Absolutely. I'm just saying you shouldnt allow whatever disappointment you have in your team's performance color your perceptions of what's happening on the court. BOTH teams could be playing better, IMHO. Mavs have been better in the 4th and deserve to be up 3-0.

And yes w/out TC it's a totally different series right now. Remember though we're actually missing Caron Butler&Roddy essentially missed the regular season.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

and im sure if the Lakers it were Joe Smith instead of Bynum none of the games would even be decided by 10 points
Old 05-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #45
Bynum4MVP

Bynum4MVP will become famous soon enoughBynum4MVP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Naw man. You have every right to believe the lakers will still win the next game or even the series. Absolutely. I'm just saying you shouldnt allow whatever disappointment you have in your team's performance color your perceptions of what's happening on the court. BOTH teams could be playing better, IMHO. Mavs have been better in the 4th and deserve to be up 3-0.
The Mavs absolutely "deserve" to be 3-0.

I haven't said the Mavs had fluke wins or didn't deserve to be 3-0.

As I said in my first post, the Mavs have played great. I've given credit to the Mavs for winning their games.

I don't understand why Mavfan is getting bent out of shape by what I've written...very odd unless you fellas expect me to concede defeat in which case, I won't until the fat lady sings.

Last edited by Bynum4MVP; 05-07-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #46
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please bump the thread where this Bynum guy also "promised" LA would win Game 2?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #47
Bynum4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Can someone please bump the thread where this Bynum guy also "promised" LA would win Game 2?
I'll bump it myself, I thought the Lakers would definitely win Game 2.

I was wrong.

I definitely think the Lakers will win Sunday.

Hopefully somebody will bump it for me tomorrow when I'm right
Old 05-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #48
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Thet think about us:fuck!ng bastards
And they have right.We're the best fuck!ng bastards on the world!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR

Last edited by 41mvp; 05-08-2011 at 01:26 AM.
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:31 AM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
wat

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #50
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Old 05-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the single funniest thing I've ever read.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #52
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

if you give the lakers a 50/50 shot at winning in dallas and a 70/30 shot at home they do still have a ~10% chance of winning the series.

that said... lets get out the broom and get kidd some rest.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
I'm a Sixers fan, but i love Dirk Nowitzki and don't understand his portrayal in the national media. Hopefully the Mavs can get their revenge against the Heat's 3 stooges this year. But it will be a tough road to the title.

Dirk: Awesome clutch floor general. Can score against anyone. Maybe Garnett can "stop" him. German engineering.
Dirk's never had any problem at all against Garnett. Just go look back at his post season numbers against Minnesota.

Back in 2001-2002, Dirk's numbers against Garnett and the Wolves in the playoffs:
Dirk averaged over 33 points a game, more than 15 rebounds, hit 30 of 57 shots, 8 of 11 from 3pt land, 32-36 free throws, averaged 3 steals, and only 2 turnovers.
His GameScore was almost 30 for the series.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #54
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
good stuff here.

And I just noticed his sig says F underdog! haha

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #55
Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin will become famous soon enough

paging dr. bynumMVP

he's probably at the police station filing a rape charge against dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dirk's never had any problem at all against Garnett. Just go look back at his post season numbers against Minnesota.

Back in 2001-2002, Dirk's numbers against Garnett and the Wolves in the playoffs:
Dirk averaged over 33 points a game, more than 15 rebounds, hit 30 of 57 shots, 8 of 11 from 3pt land, 32-36 free throws, averaged 3 steals, and only 2 turnovers.
His GameScore was almost 30 for the series.
well this was 10 years ago
but you're right, the numbers say something different than i felt when watching dallas games.

Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 05-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #56
Speed7it

Speed7it is on a distinguished road

Laker fan here. Just want to says congratulations. You guys were the better team and wanted it more. And I do agree what Bynum did was a unacceptable thing. Clearly unacceptable. Good luck in the WCF!
Speed7it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #57
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Statistically speaking, the trend has to reverse.
......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #58
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
well the other 3 games were close at half time right?
Old 05-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #59
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think the Mavs would have been in a better position losing game 2 or game 3.

If history is to be made, this is the team to do it against.

A desperate Lakers team will win Game 4 to avoid the sweep, Game 5 in LA comes at a perfect time.

Game 6 worries me but if they can get past Game 6, Game 7 will be theirs.

I'm with Kobe, the Lakers will win this series.
HAHAHAHA
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs have played great; I'm not going to take anything away from them complaining about refs or anything like that.

At the same time, I think they've played an improbable game. It's against all odds that they are 3-0 against the Lakers.

A desperate Lakers team will win Game 4 to avoid the sweep, Game 5 in LA comes at a perfect time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #61
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Make sure you come back after Sunday's game
Quote:
Hey, if the Mavs win, I will congratulate and move on.
Yes? Go on?

Old 05-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #62
Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes? Go on?
i think he moved on
Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #63
GNC

GNC is on a distinguished road

As a Lakers fan I just wanted to congratulate you all on a hell of a series.

You really took us to the woodshed and without a doubt deserved to win the series. I have no gripes against your team and am at ease with the loss. Also, if you make it to the finals please kick some ***

And for what it is worth I am disappointed how our team went out dirty like that.

Again congratulations!
GNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #64
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if we should gloat here. Just think how much more statistically likely it is that we lose our next game against the Lakers.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #65
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I'm not sure if we should gloat here. Just think how much more statistically likely it is that we lose our next game against the Lakers.
Good point. Good point. Law of averages.

Let's stay grounded, folks.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #66
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNC View Post

You really took us to the woodshed and without a doubt deserved to win the series. I have no gripes against your team and am at ease with the loss. Also, if you make it to the finals please kick some ***

And for what it is worth I am disappointed how our team went out dirty like that.

Again congratulations!
thanks man.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #67
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

edit: wrong thread

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-08-2011 at 05:53 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #68
dirtyangus

dirtyangus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mavs have played great; I'm not going to take anything away from them complaining about refs or anything like that.

At the same time, I think they've played an improbable game. It's against all odds that they are 3-0 against the Lakers.

Yesterday you were with Kobe. Where are you today?
dirtyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #69
dirtyangus

dirtyangus is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Again congratulations!
Thanks, you are one class dude, unlike Bynum & Odom. I was a huge Lakers fan back in the 80's and it was tough to watch the Lakers & Mavs play. I was a Mavs fan too, but my heart was with Magic, Kareem, Worthy and the rest. Proud franchise and proud fans, and it is good to see not all Laker fans are arrogant & pompous. I feel for you, since we have been on the bad end of it so many times.
dirtyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #70
NBA_fan_LA

NBA_fan_LA is on a distinguished road

I'm a Laker fan for over 43 years and have seen this before.

Mavericks great (unbelievable) shooting, great defensive effort and game planning from their staff.
Very, very impressive !!
Way to dial up a heapin' helpin' of whoop azz on our boys from LA.

Oh,,, I know I express the sentiments of many LA Lakers fans with a giant facepalm over the piss poor behavior of a certain center late in the fourth on JJ Barea.

Believe this, we will retool and look forward to our next match-up.

CONGRATULATIONS ! and please get out of the West and beat the stuffing out of Boston / Miami or Chicago. We're counting on you.

Last edited by NBA_fan_LA; 05-08-2011 at 08:54 PM.
NBA_fan_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #71
snackdaddy

snackdaddy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyangus View Post
Thanks, you are one class dude, unlike Bynum & Odom. I was a huge Lakers fan back in the 80's and it was tough to watch the Lakers & Mavs play. I was a Mavs fan too, but my heart was with Magic, Kareem, Worthy and the rest. Proud franchise and proud fans, and it is good to see not all Laker fans are arrogant & pompous. I feel for you, since we have been on the bad end of it so many times.
Actually, it just seems that all Laker fans are pompous and arrogant when a select few go on the other teams message board and talks smack. Most of us Laker fans just want to see our team win. Much like you guys want to see your team win. And not only did your team win, they gave a beat down. If they continue to shoot like that, no one can beat them. And that includes the big 3 in Miami.

I've never seen a team shoot like that for a whole series. Some think the Lakers left their defense in the last series. But they were either best or second best defending the 3 this season. I think you're team just made a concerted effort to maximize the good shooters on the floor. There were some 3's that had hands in their faces and still went in. It wasn't so much what the Lakers didn't do as what the Mavs did do.

From what I've seen most fans around the country either love the Lakers or hate the Lakers. The rest of them are fans of the town they live in. Thats why ratings are higher when the Lakers play in the finals. Parity has been good for the NFL. I hope its good for the NBA. Without the Lakers, ratings may be down. I hope not. The World Series ratings were one of the lowest ever because the Yankees/RedSox/Phillies/Mets, etc were not in it. I hope the NBA doesn't go that route.

And if you guys make it to the finals, and I think you will, I hope you shoot the lights out again. Another Miami/Dallas finals would be attractive to the casual fan. Especially if Dallas gets their revenge.
snackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #72
god_mode

god_mode is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post
I'm not a Laker fan, but I do live in Southern California.

Your Average Joe Laker fan isn't really aware of other teams or knows much about their rosters -- only that the Lakers are God's team and Kobe Bryant always saves the day.

Right now everyone is very, very confused. They haven't quite figured out why it is they can't defend the pick and roll, how it is that Bynum isn't dunking on everyone at will, and why Kobe Bryant isn't able to be like MJ at will to close out games. Surely it can't be those guys in white/blue... it must be the zebras.

They may never figure it out either -- that's how delusional folks are down here in La-La land, but rest assured the rest of us can see it plainly. Dirk is a cold-blooded assassin this post-season. Finish 'em off boys.

-KingsFan

PS: Hated you guys earlier in the decade, but really pulling for Dirk and Peja and have always respected you guys as fans.
OMG just shut up! Stop spreading lies!!!!

Lakers fan here

What do I think of the Dallas MAVS team?

Well Dirk is Kobe with a 7 foot body, his fade away is almost unguardable, and he a clutch shooter and a real winner.

Mavs have a lot of hungry veteran on their team that came close to winning it all but couldn't, and now they are all together on the same team.

TBH I really like this MAVS team and I respect Dirk a whole lot and the Lakers didn't deserve to win a ring this year, they didn't even seem to care.

This game was ref fairly and the Mavs outplay the Lakers, it is simple as that, zebra were not involve whatsoever.

Here hoping the Mavs win a ring this year, this is their year and perhaps Dirk last chance

in Conclusion: Nothing but respect for the Mavs franchise, greatest big man shooting in NBA history and a model owner.

I guess I'm not your average Joe, but I respect the Mavs franchise a lot, can't say the same from Mav's fan, as I have seen nothing but pure hatred for the Lakers from many member on here.
god_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #73
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Classy laker fans? I must be dreaming. Thanks for the congrats all around.
jcm28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #74
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

@ all you Lakers fan that have posted this evening. I just want to say thank you and tip my hat to you all for being a class act.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #75
god_mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
Classy laker fans? I must be dreaming. Thanks for the congrats all around.
TBH I'm not very classy, but Mavs are one of the few team that I respect and would not mind losing to.

I mean I wish Cuban would be owner of the Clippers as well

Anyway I'm going to say it again, This is your year!

Dirk going to bring home the BACON!

And to be honest, I'm actually reliefs, no more heart attack like game 7 of last year, I can just for the final for the sake of having fun instead of worrying!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #76
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
@ all you Lakers fan that have posted this evening. I just want to say thank you and tip my hat to you all for being a class act.
I second this. The Laker fans that have come here and shown class deserve some thanks and GL in the future.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #77
god_mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I second this. The Laker fans that have come here and shown class deserve some thanks and GL in the future.
We have two many bandwagoner and most people who have a Kobe Bryant Jersey don't know who the rest of our roster is like. They think god favor the Lakers!!! LOL

I was at trader joe the other day, and one of the girl was like I hate Kobe Bryant but I'm a Lakers fan!!!, then I go and ask her what player are on the Lakers right now? And she said OMG Rick Fox!!! He so cute!!!

I gave her a dirty stare and left. She had a Shaq Jersey on.

I been here for a while, I'm looking to stay and hopefully celebrate the championship with you guys (not being arrogant, but being optimstic)
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #78
GNC

Classy Laker fans do exist

And for what it is worth, there are numerous Laker fans on Club Lakers who are congratulatory towards your team. But I do think there are numerous other laker fans and bandwagon fans that make the rest of us look like complete douche bags, which is unfortunate but not much I can do about that.

And someone mentioned Odom's hit.. personally I don't think it was THAT dirty. I do think he deserved a flagrant or at least a technical foul. But I thought a F2 was kind of excessive. But he definitely lost his cool and that was disappointing. We might agree to disagree on this one.

On the other hand, Bynum's move is inexcusable and he has a suspension coming for the start of next season since this is the third or fourth time he has made that cheap move. I don't get why he does it because it is a dangerous move.. and if that happened against my own team I'd be like off with his head. Further, most of us laker fans(that post on CL at least) were really ashamed of his hit on Barea.

But anyways enjoy the victory, you guys earned it.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #79
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
And someone mentioned Odom's hit.. personally I don't think it was THAT dirty. I do think he deserved a flagrant or at least a technical foul. But I thought a F2 was kind of excessive. But he definitely lost his cool and that was disappointing. We might agree to disagree on this one.
The flagrant 2 was called on Odom because it was plainly unsportsmanlike. The contact he made wasn't particularly hard, but he was plainly trying to take a shot because he's a little bitch. Odom was doing it because he was pissed that his team was getting embarrassed, and an ejection for it was necessary to protect everyone else on the court. The Mavs, unlike the Lakers, have more to play for, and it would be insane to allow someone as unstable as Odom had been in the previous 5 minutes of that game to potentially hurt someone else.

"Unsportsmanlike" is one of the adjectives used to differentiate a flagrant 1 from a flagrant 2, and that was plainly unsportsmanlike.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 05-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #80
GNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
The flagrant 2 was called on Odom because it was plainly unsportsmanlike. The contact he made wasn't particularly hard, but he was plainly trying to take a shot because he's a little bitch. Odom was doing it because he was pissed that his team was getting embarrassed, and an ejection for it was necessary to protect everyone else on the court. The Mavs, unlike the Lakers, have more to play for, and it would be insane to allow someone as unstable as Odom had been in the previous 5 minutes of that game to potentially hurt someone else.

"Unsportsmanlike" is one of the adjectives used to differentiate a flagrant 1 from a flagrant 2, and that was plainly unsportsmanlike.
Like I said we might have to agree to disagree with this one. It was definitely unwarranted and I am sure it was the frustration of being embarrassed, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse to do that.

But personally, I think if you gave him a flagrant 1 it would have gotten the point across the same as tossing him. Maybe thats just me I dont know. Regardless, it was unsportsmanlike and uncalled for and getting tossed or not doesn't change that fact.

And by saying unsportsmanlike I guess I am playing right into the definition of an F2.

Last edited by GNC; 05-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Tags
bynum4mvp-sucks, elbow4suspension