Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #81
Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin will become famous soon enough

props to the real lakers fans in this thread. any successful team has a lot of bandwagoners in their midst, and being a douchebag is an essential part of being a nice-weather-fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNC View Post
But personally, I think if you gave him a flagrant 1 it would have gotten the point across the same as tossing him. Maybe thats just me I dont know. Regardless, it was unsportsmanlike and uncalled for and getting tossed or not doesn't change that fact.
i think the refs ejected odom in order to prevent a real incident, like the one bynum provided minutes later. would odom's foul have occured in game 1 he would have gotten a flagrant 1.
Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I concur.. I think the refs ejected Odom because the outcome was no longer in doubt. They were trying to maintain control of the game. It was probably an ejectable offense in a non-playoff game in my opinion. But in yesterday's game, it was a no doubter.

Bynum's shot is a 5-10 game suspension.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-09-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #83
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNC View Post
But personally, I think if you gave him a flagrant 1 it would have gotten the point across the same as tossing him. Maybe thats just me I dont know. Regardless, it was unsportsmanlike and uncalled for and getting tossed or not doesn't change that fact.
It obviously didn't, because 45 seconds later Bynum upped the ante by taking a ribshot at an airborne, defenseless player. Perhaps stopping the game right there and making the Lakers forfeit would have done the trick.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #84
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting for my broski Bynum4MVP to come back.

Where are you, broski?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #85
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
It obviously didn't, because 45 seconds later Bynum upped the ante by taking a ribshot at an airborne, defenseless player. Perhaps stopping the game right there and making the Lakers forfeit would have done the trick.
Let's not forget that JJ actually completed the play while getting elbowed in the ribs midair. Dude has some serious balls.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #86
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Let's not forget that JJ actually completed the play while getting elbowed in the ribs midair. Dude has some serious balls.
He's about five times the man Andrew Bynum will ever be, and I'm really not a very big JJ fan.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #87
GNC

GNC is on a distinguished road

I meant my comment more in regard to Odom keeping himself in check. But again I know where you all are coming from and it really made no difference in the final result. So I won't go on about it.

You guys won fair and square, without any BS calls from the refs in any of the four games, and won on road and at home both in close games and a massive blowout.

Interesting to see how many games drew gets suspended for. I would say 7 games.
GNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #88
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=133663
First of all I really have no idea how I am suppose to take the OP
Second it seems everyone thinks there was 1 team on the court and Dallas had nothing to do with the Lakers losing
Old 05-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #89
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=133663
First of all I really have no idea how I am suppose to take the OP
Second it seems everyone thinks there was 1 team on the court and Dallas had nothing to do with the Lakers losing
I read it as well. He is really crazy. Reminds me of the Variant's quote. That guy on LG really sounds like a typical Average Joe Laker fan. If LA wins, everything is fine. If they lose, it's because of the zebras and everything is rigged as nobody can beat the Lakers fair and square. Someone should remind him of that game in the finals against Boston where LA got 21 FT's alone in the 4th quarter. I bet in the opinion of this moron all of those were well deserved.

The series was really well officiated. Sometimes a few ticky-tacky calls, but in general pretty even.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 05-09-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
The series was really well officiated. Sometimes a few ticky-tacky calls, but in general pretty even.
Yeah, it was much better-officiated than the Portland series where the refs let the crowd dictate the calls...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bynum4mvp-sucks, elbow4suspension