Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #41
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Plus Bosh needs a change of shorts the second the road crowd starts chanting. It's a bad look.
He's such a damn tool. There is truly no justice in sports if that guy can just roll into Miami on the coattails of his big brothers and win a championship.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #42
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I think there are 2 things that have helped Terrys play. I have always been a supporter of Terry and hate 2 faced fans who bash the guy on bad days and dont give him any credits on good days. Every year there are a handful of games that we win solely because of Terry and when the playoffs start things change...why??

1. Dirk has not been as good as he is these days at reading defenses and passing and he has not been as tough mentally as he has been the last 2-3 years.

2. Teams used to focus on Dirk and Jet as many have mentioned. Jet wasn't forcing stuff before...it awes being forced on him. It was either Jet or Dirk and teams planned for that. So defenses played Dirk hard and like I said he want as good of a passer..soo they played Jet hard too and after that there was no one else.

Now Dirk is beats on o and has become a really good passer. Jet still has his shot and is allowed to run the O at times. He has dedicated himself to playing hard on D. So I think this teams success over the years has been based on Dirk and Terry evolution and this year it seems like they are both reaching their peaks. The really good thing is now that they are both surrounded with players that can do something when defenses focus on them 2. But both of them are DELIVERING for sure.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #43
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zic-P...layer_embedded
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I think there are 2 things that have helped Terrys play. I have always been a supporter of Terry and hate 2 faced fans who bash the guy on bad days and dont give him any credits on good days. Every year there are a handful of games that we win solely because of Terry and when the playoffs start things change...why??

1. Dirk has not been as good as he is these days at reading defenses and passing and he has not been as tough mentally as he has been the last 2-3 years.

2. Teams used to focus on Dirk and Jet as many have mentioned. Jet wasn't forcing stuff before...it awes being forced on him. It was either Jet or Dirk and teams planned for that. So defenses played Dirk hard and like I said he want as good of a passer..soo they played Jet hard too and after that there was no one else.

Now Dirk is beats on o and has become a really good passer. Jet still has his shot and is allowed to run the O at times. He has dedicated himself to playing hard on D. So I think this teams success over the years has been based on Dirk and Terry evolution and this year it seems like they are both reaching their peaks. The really good thing is now that they are both surrounded with players that can do something when defenses focus on them 2. But both of them are DELIVERING for sure.
I don't disagree with you but I think the improvement has all been on jet. When he's not open he's become a playmaker AND he's played defense. It's a huge difference. Before it was just shoot the ball with very few playmaking.

To his defense however we have a LOT more players to kick it out to and to lob it to than before. Tyson/Shawn can finish at the rim, jjb is playing well and peja is not out there. Many more options for him to give it to than last year.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote