Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
skylive321

skylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really niceskylive321 is just really nice
Default Packers expect Giant cheap shots

Packers expect Giant cheap shots

BY GREG A. BEDARD
MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 4:00 AM
Aaron Kampman strips the ball from Eli Manning during the Packers-Giants game in September. Kostroun/AP

Aaron Kampman strips the ball from Eli Manning during the Packers-Giants game in September.

(Page 1 of 2)

GREEN BAY - Aaron Kampman didn't want to talk about it Wednesday. He took the rather diplomatic approach of not providing the New York Giants with anything that could be deemed bulletin-board material.

But what happened to Kampman during the Week 2 matchup with the Giants - and the immediate aftermath - said all that needed to be said.

About the Giants and their style of play. And what the Packers are going to contend with in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

With 3 minutes 22 seconds remaining in the Packers' 35-13 victory at Giants Stadium, Kampman was blocked to the ground by Giants center Shaun O'Hara. As backup quarterback Jared Lorenzen was sacked, Kampman started to get up when O'Hara delivered a forceful forearm to the back of Kampman's neck.

Kampman, one of the most gentlemanly players in the game, responded by flipping O'Hara on his back and nearly punching him. But Kampman had the self control to stop himself. After the game, however, Kampman's displeasure couldn't be halted.

"I had a player that did something real dirty to me," Kampman said after the game. "This was stuff that he shouldn't be doing and he won't do it again."

O'Hara was not in the Giants' locker room Wednesday in New York. No matter, really. The Giants' method of operation - tough, physical football that approaches the line of dirty play - is no secret in NFL circles.

Asked about being a dirty player on thursday.. Ohara replied " I dont know, i think i try to shower regularly".
skylive321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links