Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-06-2001, 01:27 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The idiot got himself cut already. Wow, he didn't even last 5 games. Will anyone else give him a chance?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2001, 09:59 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Where did you get this information? The last I heard was that he missed a practice due to a migrane headache and flu-like symptoms. Any transaction the Nuggets may have made regarding Rider has not yet been posted on NBA.com, my best source for official transactions.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 11:01 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I read the article at realgm.com

Try looking there madape.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think realgm might have goofed on this one... I stole the following from a post on another board. How reliable the poster is I don't know.

There were reports out yesterday that Rider had been waived by the Nuggets due to the same old problems of being late repeatedly and missing meetings/practices, you all know the stories which are nothing new. Not sure what the source was on that one but it missed the mark by a long way. The truth is that Denver has no intention of waiving Rider. At least not now, and not over that. Yes, he did miss practice yesterday. But it was the first one. And it was due to a migrane headache. And Rider called in ahead of time and asked if he could miss the practice and be excused, which he was. Reports from teammates are that Rider has been at everything and on time and not a problem either in the locker room or at practices. Maybe he sees that this could be his very last stop in the NBA if he doesn't make this work out. He's just 30 and has a few more years of paycjecks coming if he can keep himself in line. The only peep out of him has been one or two references about playing time but what's news about that from almost any NBA veteran player?

So... someone somewhere saw one little news snippet about Rider not being at practice and combined it with his past to irresponsibly make something up that has no basis in facts right now at all.

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 05:37 PM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

This is from ESPN.com

G Isaiah Rider skipped the Nov. 5 practice with an illness, ESPN.com's NBA Insider reported. Though his absence was excused, a source inside the Nuggets told Insider that Issel has become tired of Rider's antics on the court and his mouth off it. Though there have been no "major" incidents, the source said the Nuggets could waive Rider as early as Nov. 6. According to a league source, they were close to waiving Rider on Nov. 5 after he publicly complained about his role in Issel's offense.

Another story showing he's a real team guy:

Isaiah Rider said he is expecting to receive his championship ring when the Nuggets play the Los Angeles Lakers on Nov. 25. Asked if he was looking forward to it, Rider responded: "Not really. It is not real special to me because I didn't play in the playoffs." Proving, once again, what a good teammate he is.

Old 11-09-2001, 10:39 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the part about recieving his championship ring...how forward do you look to getting the ring if you don't actually play any in the playoffs?

i don't fault him for saying that. not at all
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 01:28 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta agree with murph here. I wouldn't be very excited about getting a championship ring that I didn't earn. Give Rider kudos for being honest.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote