Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cowboys position battles

My favorite will be Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith. They might be competing for the middle linebacker spot but they are certainly competing for the 3rd down linebacker position.

I had limited expectations for Jaylon after a mediocre 2017 (read the excellent article on the Athletic about this). But I have great hope now that he has given up the brace and is on track to be the athlete he was at Notre Dame

Vander Esch worries and excites me. He will either be a gigantic home run or Morris Clairborne Part 2
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
My favorite will be Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith. They might be competing for the middle linebacker spot but they are certainly competing for the 3rd down linebacker position.

I had limited expectations for Jaylon after a mediocre 2017 (read the excellent article on the Athletic about this). But I have great hope now that he has given up the brace and is on track to be the athlete he was at Notre Dame

Vander Esch worries and excites me. He will either be a gigantic home run or Morris Clairborne Part 2

I think they fully plan to play Jaylon at the SAM. He started playing better once they limited his snaps. Play I’m on the strong side and use him as an occasional blitzer from that side. I know Marinelli doesn’t like to blitz but Jaylon seems built for it. Playing him at the SAM could also give the Cowboys a very formidable trio of LB’s.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Terrance Williams has had all charges dismissed. Now we wait and see if he is suspended

The WR battle is going to be interesting. I just hope someone breaks out and gives Dak a legitimate target
Old 08-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 100% on board with the NFL suspending players that are found guilty.. but when charges are dropped or when you have a situation like with Zeke, I find it insane that a player is being punished especially when there is doubt. That can open up Pandora's box... You'll eventually have a Redskins fan make accusations against a Cowboys' player just to try and get them off the field for an important game (or some scenario such as this). It simply should not be nothing more than just an accusation to get a player suspended. If they are found guilty of domestic violence or whatever, suspend them for a year or two.. I'm more than fine with that. But if you're not found legally guilty, I'm sorry, then NFL should not be the judge and jury. They've proven that they are not capable of doing so in a competent or consistent manner.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #5
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

While I do agree with you, keep in mind that the NFL is an extremely high profile business. If players/employees are causing PR issues, then they have the right to suspend/fire them if they did sign some kind of conduct policy.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
While I do agree with you, keep in mind that the NFL is an extremely high profile business. If players/employees are causing PR issues, then they have the right to suspend/fire them if they did sign some kind of conduct policy.
And I'm fine with suspending and fining someone because of a conduct policy. However, I don't like that NFL is the judge and jury. They've proven incompetent and inconsistent. They should completely leave it up to the legal system. No, the legal system is not perfect but it's something that can be written into the CBA and easily followed..not whatever the hell they do now.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Jameis Winston groped an Uber driver. Got 3 games

If the punishment was consistent that's one thing. It is literally one man making the call