Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-02-2001, 11:26 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Have you seen the numbers Pollard has been putting up with Webber out?? Early in the fourth quarter tonight, he's got 13 points and 18 rebounds. The guy rebounds like a stud, hits his free throws, and is developing some nice low-post moves. I know Cuban went after him hard this past summer, I wish we had indeed signed him.
Old 03-03-2001, 10:48 AM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or does Pollard look like Belushi's samurai character on SNL whenever he pulls his hair back in a ponytail?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 12:01 PM   #3

Yes he does...LOL...he definitely needs a new hairstyle!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2001, 12:02 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

ugh...that was me....my bad
Old 03-05-2001, 10:06 AM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

why don't we try to get him then? with his hair, nash's hair, and dirk ability to have bad hair, we could be the running joke on sportscenter every night.

he is funny as hell when they interview him, though. after a win on TNT, cheryl miller interviewed him about their upcoming game against the lakers, and he said (i'm paraphrasing), "yeah, they're tough. they got that one guy... what's his name... <snaps fingers> oh yeah, Shaq, or something? and they got that other guy... his name sounds like a steak..." Cheryl, playing along, says "Kobe?" "yeah, that's it. they're kinda good." the whole time, he's making goofy faces and stuff.

this is also the guy who wore nail polish in games at Kansas, and had those HUGE pork chop sideburns. i think he proposed to his girlfriend while dressed in drag. i heard that somewhere.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:49 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I really wanted the Mavs to pick up Pollard in the offseason. He was a quality free agent center that we could have picked up pretty cheaply. I can't =complain, we wound up getting Laettner instead.. not a bad pick-up considering he helped us land Juwon. I think we may have lost our chance on Pollard though. The Kings really like him, and with the threat of Webber leaving, and Divac aging, the Kings need him even more.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 01:59 PM   #7
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Unfortunatly you can't help but cheer for a guy like Pollard. Its unfortunate he plays for the Kings who may end up facing the Mavs in the first round and I'll have to root against him.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 10:49 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Scott Pollard is fools gold... He is a decent backup, but will never be able to be a good scorer consistently...
Old 03-08-2001, 08:51 PM   #9
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't want Pollard to be a scorer. He's a pretty good rebounder and defender. If the Mavs could have picked him up, I would have enjoyed seeing him coming off the bench to rest Bradley every once in a while. You are right, he's not the long term answer at center, but he could certainly have contributed.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 08:53 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That hippy needs to get a haircut...
Old 04-09-2001, 08:29 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

It's starting to grow on me (the hair)
Old 04-09-2001, 10:30 PM   #12
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

It looks much better w/o the side burns, but it still looks awful!
Old 04-09-2001, 11:33 PM   #13
Hales233
Golden Member

lol, i know...i've always had short hair, so i really hate anything long, especially such a bad style!!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:34 PM   #14
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

the mavs don't need a big time scorer from the center position..they need defense and rebounding evilmav.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote