Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-12-2001, 04:25 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

New Rules starting next year.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2001, 04:26 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Today's DMN Mavs notebook reported that Cuban was going to vote against the new rule changes.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 04:29 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, from what I've seen. Not too many people are happy about this.

Here's what ESPN's Fred Carter had to say.
"I think allowing the zone defense would kill the NBA game. They can't even afford to take the gamble of putting in the zone.

Basically, what the zone will do is keep all of the slashing, driving stars of the NBA out of the lane. It will make superstars into jump shooters. In the pros they play the game above the rim. It's exciting, it's athletic. This is not college. There is a lot of excitement around the basket in this league. The ability to play zone will result in a large man standing in the lane who will become a ticket-taker. The lane is clogged and the game is changed.

If a move like this were to fail, it would be very difficult for the league to bounce back from it. The NBA should stay away from zones at all costs."

Old 04-12-2001, 04:38 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

If it increases scoring, I'll be happy. If not...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2001, 07:14 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The new rule changes signify one thing for sure (assumng the 3 second defensive call doesn't mess it up)... Bradley can average 6-7 blocks a game next year...
Old 04-12-2001, 07:16 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

If that happens, I may slack up on him... probably not though.
Old 04-12-2001, 07:55 PM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Shawn Bradley- next year's league leader in triple-doubles!
Old 04-12-2001, 07:59 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Would the triple-double still count if it was points/rebounds/blocks? I'm sure it would, but I've never really thought about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2001, 08:06 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

It does- Bradley has several career triple-doubles, including a 20-20-10 against Portland a few years ago, I think. Double-doubles and triple-doubles can come from points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, and I think turnovers as well...
Old 04-12-2001, 08:20 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I don't quite understand the new 3 second in the lane rule really. I mean I know what it is, but what's the penalty for it. It's on the defensive end so the ball doesn't change possession. Is the penalty a technical foul?

Old 04-12-2001, 08:27 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I'm guessing it would probably be like illeagal defense. Once a warning, twice a tech. But that's just a guess.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2001, 08:29 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

That's a damn good guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I hadn't thought about that yet. Your probably right.

Old 04-12-2001, 08:32 PM   #13
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Thanks...I try.
Old 04-13-2001, 04:31 PM   #14
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

no, triple doubles cannot come from turnovers. triple doubles and double doubles can only come from stats that are beneficial to the team.
if you remember correctly..a few years ago, hakeem had at least one quadruple double.
actually, the first time he had a quadruple double, the official scorer went back and looked at the tape and decided to take away a block that he had previously given him..therefore, it wasn't a quadruple double anymore. but a few games later, he had a legitimate quadruple double.
i'm not sure if anyone else has ever had a quadruple double besides him
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 04:49 PM   #15
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

yep, i'm sure you're right...i'm sure they'll do the same thing to where if the shot clock is under 14, they'll re-set it to 14...if it's not under 14, then it'll go to 24.
i like the rule changes...but i can see the defensive 3 seconds in the lane violation being a big hassle for players and refs alike
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote