Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-10-2001, 05:44 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

This year is shaping up to look like one of the best drafts of all time, certainly the best center crop to ever come out in one year. Top underclassmen Michael Bradley, Troy Murphy, and Jason Richardson also have recently declared. The Mavs will not be able to trade up into the first round very easily, but if they can even make it into the later half, the'll be able to pick up a great player. They may even be able to pick up a good player with their second round pick. Stephen Hunter of DePaul might be a player that will fall to the Mavs in the late second.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2001, 06:29 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I like Troy Murphy alot. He's one of my favorite players in college. I don't think he would be a very good fit in Dallas though. He also didn't hire an agent so there still a pretty good chance he'll return to ND.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 11:00 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Pull the old Jerryl Sasser trick eh? I agree, Murphy is a legit NBA prospect. He's doing the right thing though. This is a strong, deep draft. Even though he has a ton of talent, the possiblity exists that he could drop out of the first round (and out of a guaranteed contract). He should go to the camps and see where the scouts estimate he should fall. If he performs well and is speculated in the top 20, look for him to come out. If not, look for the Irish to compete for the championship next year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And on Sasser - whoah, did this dude ruin his NBA shot this year or what?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 11:06 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Sasser had a good shot at going in the first round last year (he was in my summer school class and actually left one day to go work out for the Sixers) but this year..oh man..non-guaranteed second round contract coming up.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:57 AM   #5
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

i still see sasser projected as a first rounder this year. 6'6" pg's are hard to come by. I think he'll be a pretty good player in the league. Kind of in the Brian Shaw mold...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2001, 12:25 AM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

We need to trade up to draft Zach Randolph...