Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shaq submits list

Espn is reporting Shaq has submited a list of 8 NBA teams he would be willing to play for next season. Dallas is on top, Minesota, San Antonio, Houston, and Sac-town also make the list. The L.A. Clippers are MIA.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Shaq submits list

Did they list all 8 teams? If so, can you list them here?
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE: Shaq submits list

Impressive. He actually submitted a list. I think Minn should be okay if they pick up Derek Fisher. San Antonio with Duncan and Shaq would be a nightmare. The only hope is if the other team gets hot from the outside. Houston? Not unless they trade Yao. What about a 3 way involving the Mavs, Houston and LA. Mavs gets Yao and Houston gets Shaq. Sactown is impossible. I thought Shaq already said no to the Clippers because he wants to go to the top tier teams.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

SA can't do it without trading Duncan because of Salary concerns. I can't see SA giving up Duncan for Shaq. Indy can't do it without giving up O'Neil or most of their team. Since they were on the cusp of winning a title this year and had the best regular season record, I don't see them taking a big Gamble on Shaq's health when they're almost there as it is with much younger players. I think that Detroit is on the list, but why would they gut a big part of their team that just demolished a Shaq led Lakers? Will Houston give up Yao for Shaq? I don't think so. I wouldn't. Minny won't give up Garnett for Shaq and that's what it would take in all l likely hood. Ther rest of their talent is too old or has too many warts. I think the Queens would be our major competition. They can only beat use by offering an injury plagued Webber if we don't offer Dirk. Considering Webbers injuries and his dragging down his teams performance when coming back from injury the last few years, I'd hesitate on taking him on. I still think that the Antwins + Bradley + JHo + 2006 pick + #50 this year is the most realistic and attractive offer that the Lakeshow will get. It just remains to be seen if they're serious about trading Shaq or not.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:32 PM   #5
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Simon: I think that FCC said LAC not on the list with the MIA (Missing In Action) reference.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'd take the potential of Zach Randolph over Jamison and Walker any day of the week. This guy has stud written all over him. I don't know if the Blazers have offered that but I did see a columnist bringing Randolph's name up.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Minnesota could offer: Olowokandi/Johnson/Spreewell/Ebi for Shaq

Sacramento could offer: Miller/Bibby/Christie for Shaq
Old 06-23-2004, 01:45 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Minnesota could offer: Olowokandi/Johnson/Spreewell/Ebi for Shaq

Sacramento could offer: Miller/Bibby/Christie for Shaq
That Minni offer looks disgusting. If i'm the Lakers i'd jump on the Sac offer. They pretty much get a starting lineup for Shaq.

Miller
Malone
Christie
Kobe
Bibby

Not a bad defensive team either.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

That Sac offer would be terrific, but Sac will never make it.

The Minny offer isn't even close to being as good as AJ/AW/JHo.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:53 PM   #10
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

FCC ...where is the article? how about a URL? I dont see it at ESPN
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #11
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

I cant believe that SA is on that list.

Seems like he WOULDNT want to play with Duncan
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you sure? The Kings lineup would be:

Shaq/Divac
Webber/Songaila
Peja
Rush/Peeler
Jackson

They could draft a pg (Vujacic, West, Duhon) with their first round pick and look for a sf with their 2nd round pick. They might even be able to lure Derek Fisher.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Quote:
Are you sure? The Kings lineup would be:

Shaq/Divac
Webber/Songaila
Peja
Christie/Peeler
Jackson

They could draft a pg (Vujacic, West, Duhon) with their first round pick and look for a sf with their 2nd round pick. They might even be able to lure Derek Fisher.

You said that they would give up Christie to the Lakers. I don't know the Kings are good because they are a deep team. They would be far from deep with the trade but i'd say they were favorites to win next season with that lineup even taking out Christie.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Looking at the list I feel like Shaq has not given Lakers any option other than trading him to Dallas/Portland.

SA - Unless Duncan and Manu are both involved it is not possible.

Kings- I do not think lakers organization will do any trade with SAC considering the rivalry and also sac may actually not be interested in trading Bibby.

Indiana- Have to part with ONeil and Artest.

Houston- They could get shaq but they will have to give up Yao. Houston already has plans to get TMAC without giving up Yao and they would like to keep that intact.

Minny- Will not do it since it has to offer KG to make the trade work, else Lakers will get junk players in return.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:17 PM   #15
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i heard it on Austin 1260 ESPN Radio, forgot the host's name . . . he did mention something about Indiana in the mix to . . . the only way i see that happening is O'Neal and Artest??? I don't think that will happen, but if they affer it and we still want Shaq, that doesn't bode well for us retaining Dirk.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:19 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

ESPN radio was talking about it a few minutes ago but didn't mention a formal list. They were just talking about where they thought Shaq was going. The predominant theme was that they thought he would end up back in LA since other teams weren't going to offer the team stud, but rather a package of role players or second tier guys.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:22 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
i heard it on Austin 1260 ESPN Radio, forgot the host's name . . . he did mention something about Indiana in the mix to . . . the only way i see that happening is O'Neal and Artest??? I don't think that will happen, but if they affer it and we still want Shaq, that doesn't bode well for us retaining Dirk.
The one I heard had Harrington, Tinsley and Artest going to the Lakers. There were more players in that package but Jermaine wasn't in the deal.

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 02:25 PM   #18
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

FCC ....that was NOT a list of "teams Shaq has approved" ...there is the theory (tossed out by Shaqs agent) that he wants to go to a winner ONLY - he has too much stature to mess with a scrub team etc blah blah blah ... so a list of teams Shaq MIGHT like was made by an author, in the article I saw ... I bet that is all you have here
Old 06-23-2004, 02:26 PM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

FFM...made the corrections to my post. The trade would be Miller/Bibby/Christie for Shaq/Rush. The lineup would be Shaq/Webber/Peja/Rush/Jackson. Again, they could possibly lure Fisher over to help on pg duties or use their first round pick for that. Easy enough to find a backup sf with their 2nd round pick.

Indiana is pretty impossible without giving up the whole roster and keeping Jermaine O'Neal as well. They could offer: Harrington (or Bender)/Pollard/Croshere/Miller/Johnson for Shaq/Rush but why would LA want all that?
Old 06-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #20
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

MFF, you've got Christie included in your Sac lineup and your Sac trade.

I just see that team as being too thin in the backcourt and too old/injured in the frontcourt. If I'm Sac my priority is getting something for Webber, who's contract and injury-prone nature are going to cripple that franchise. Beyond that, the Maloof's have been cutting back on salary. Between Shaq and Webber alone they're looking at around 47 million in payroll, and that number's only going to go up over the next few years. Meanwhile, they've gutted their depth, and are extremely ill-equipped to deal with the injuries that Webber and to a lesser extent Shaq are bound to sustain. In retrospect perhaps I dismissed it from Sac's perspective too quickly, but I still don't see it as a good move for them.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
MFF, you've got Christie included in your Sac lineup and your Sac trade.

I just see that team as being too thin in the backcourt and too old/injured in the frontcourt. If I'm Sac my priority is getting something for Webber, who's contract and injury-prone nature are going to cripple that franchise. Beyond that, the Maloof's have been cutting back on salary. Between Shaq and Webber alone they're looking at around 47 million in payroll, and that number's only going to go up over the next few years. Meanwhile, they've gutted their depth, and are extremely ill-equipped to deal with the injuries that Webber and to a lesser extent Shaq are bound to sustain. In retrospect perhaps I dismissed it from Sac's perspective too quickly, but I still don't see it as a good move for them.
Who'd take Webber other than the Knicks?

1996-2005
Old 06-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #22
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
FCC ....that was NOT a list of "teams Shaq has approved" ...there is the theory (tossed out by Shaqs agent) that he wants to go to a winner ONLY - he has too much stature to mess with a scrub team etc blah blah blah ... so a list of teams Shaq MIGHT like was made by an author, in the article I saw ... I bet that is all you have here
Actually it was reported that "Shaq has officially submitted a list of 8 teams he would consider a trade to to the Lakers front office." This was presented as not speculation, but fact.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:39 PM   #23
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Isn't this all on another thread?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #24
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

KING ... yep this is all on a ton of threads ...lol

FCC ... I still believe that there is no official list. From what I can see, someone speculated, and then other people somewhere down the line took that as "Official List". If there was such news, it will end up in print everywhere. Since no such thing is being written ANYWHERE, i believe someone saw the same list (a writer's conjecture) I saw and the story got blown out of proportion.