Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #161
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

See, I can handle the corny catch phrases. Whatever, every announcer has things that are annoying.

I can't live with his inability to even say what he's seeing. Or know when it's time to get excited.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #162
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
See, I can handle the corny catch phrases. Whatever, every announcer has things that are annoying.

I can't live with his inability to even say what he's seeing. Or know when it's time to get excited.
If there ya go boys was his worst trait, Id take it and be thrilled. The problem is, hes literally terrible at every aspect of his job.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #163
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Just finished watching the game. Ogando...holy crap. Flat out got into a pitcher's duel with someone you don't normally want to get into a pitcher's duel with. And he won. He's beasting. Would have gone nine easily, IMO.

And Rhadigan at one point said in the game "Rangers' ace Justin Verlander." He did. I heard it with my own ears.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #164
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I'm the opposite. Having spent a lot of time improvising as a musician, I understand it takes lots of practice. He has to be able to say what he needs to say without giving any/much thought to it. That part will only come with time. No musician, no matter how good they are, inexperienced in improvisation is going to be able to succeed right away at it and I think this situation is similar. It's the only way I can relate to it, even though a broadcaster and musician are nothing alike; however, improvising is improvising and it requires a different skill set than just reading from a prompter, or sheet music, for example. There's not much time to think, just riff. It's the phrases that he's had time to think about while at home, etc, that annoy me.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #165
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Again..gotta know the game. I don't know that Rhadigan truly knows the game of baseball.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #166
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally I'm getting a Rangers feed on FSN down here... tired of watching the Lastros.

It's in HD too... it's going to be a good day.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #167
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Again..gotta know the game. I don't know that Rhadigan truly knows the game of baseball.
Good point. It's obvious he's lost on the intricacies of the game. Like how I am with basketball, where I'm a more casual observer and don't necessarily notice the things you guys do.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #168
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Darren O'Day pitching here? What is going on?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #169
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Hmm..I guess Feliz probably isn't available. And Strop already pitched.

We need another good righty reliever if Ogando is going to stay in the rotation.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #170
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

F. Cabrera gets O'Day for the win. shit.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #171
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

crap. this team sucks. they'll be lucky to go 10 and 152.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #172
muzak

Why do you say Feliz wasn't available?

Because that's a spot you bring your closer in to make sure you get to hit again.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #173
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
Why do you say Feliz wasn't available?

Because that's a spot you bring your closer in to make sure you get to hit again.
He'd pitched that last two games, and thrown a fairly heavy amount of pitches. Including a four out save.

If I find out he was available I will lose my mind. But to your final point, Wash disagrees with you. His history is very rarely to bring Feliz in tied while on the road. It's one of the ways that the current "closer" role takes away from the effectiveness of a bullpen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #174
muzak

Yeah, I guess he did close the last two out. Anyways, if available, I would have let it play out until it got too close for comfort, then I would have had to bring my closer in to pitch to Cabrerra, at the very least. But, I'm not a coach, so what do I know? And that's the b!tc# of managing. There's always going to be the should'a-could'a-would'a moments.

Last edited by muzak; 04-12-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #175
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The wheels have shot straight off this thing.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #176
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The wheels have shot straight off this thing.
Cracked me up.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #177
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Josh might want to simmer down about that play. Calling a coach's decision "stupid" to the media is probably a bad idea.

Also a bad idea? Sliding head first everywhere. STOP IT!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #178
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Out 6-8 weeks? Crap.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #179
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Josh might want to simmer down about that play. Calling a coach's decision "stupid" to the media is probably a bad idea.

Also a bad idea? Sliding head first everywhere. STOP IT!
he always slides head first. it's like he can't help but do things that get him injured.

"hey let me run into this wall in a game that doesn't matter that much"

"hey i'll slide head first. oh crap"
Old 04-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #180
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Chris Davis is going to be recalled from the minors.

AGAIN
Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #181
muzak

Romo, Butler, now Josh. We all should have expected some sort of injury for Josh, but WTF, are we cursed? Chris Davis, here's your chance. You wanted it.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #182
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Luckily the Rangers are a very deep team...but 6-8 weeks for Josh.... Ouch!

The guy ran full blast knowing he would not make it home, talking about giving it your all.

Giving it your all every single game is something that Mavs could learn
Old 04-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #183
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Well if Hambone is gonna get injured, better at this point in the season than September. Yesterday sucked, but now I'm just trying to think positive thoughts.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #184
mavspwnage
Golden Member

another walkoff loss...damnit.

And I hate Mark Lowe.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #185
muzak

+1 on the Lowe hate. He has shown nothing and I cant understand what they see in him.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #186
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Lowe should be in the minors soon. HATE to hear about Hamilton getting hurt but we should be able to make it through this with Murphy and Davis filling in some of the gap. Moreland can play some outfield too to get Davis in at 1B.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #187
mavspwnage
Golden Member

John Rhadigan just said "You get an RBI when you hit a home run." He seriously did. I heard it with my own ears. GTFO
Old 04-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #188
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Matt Harrison is getting DP after DP. That's five for the game, which ties a Yankee franchise record. Last time was in 1968.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #189
mavspwnage
Golden Member

yet another DP! New Yankee record! lmao!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #190
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
John Rhadigan just said "You get an RBI when you hit a home run." He seriously did. I heard it with my own ears. GTFO
Tonight Barnett called Jeter "Jeterson."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #191
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Feliz finally shuts the door! hello win column!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #192
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
I heard him say Martin Lu....err Jackie Robinson....let's keep in mind that yesterday was "Jackie Robinson Remembrance Day"...
Old 04-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #193
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Holland didn't bring his A game today.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #194
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Holland didn't bring his A game today.
In the next hour after posting this, Holland got stronger and stronger. He finished great. Overall I'd say his start was solid. But damnit, we can't score any runs against Freddy Garcia and Joba Chamberlain?? ugh

Last edited by mavspwnage; 04-16-2011 at 02:08 PM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #195
mavspwnage
Golden Member

So Chris Davis played his first game of the season last night. And did we expect anything different? 0-for-4 with three strikeouts. Minor League Hall of Famer...Major League dud.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #196
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I expect Chris Davis to find it at some point again.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #197
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, with Davis up along with Moreland and with the whole Treanor thing I think my wager with Thiggy gets a huge failure stamp. I still say that if things would have stayed as they were when we made the bet that he would have definitely logged 40 games at 1B.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #198
Murphy3
Guru

It's great to see Cobra Lewis throw the ball better today. His velocity was up a bit and he looked much more like the Cobra of old.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #199
Mav Addict
Golden Member

WTF is wrong with the Rangers...I mean 3-7 the last 10 games now 3rd in the division and only 1.5 games from being last in the division....the defense is atrocious and the offense seems anemic....swept this weekend by the Yanks while the Lakers were also getting swept by the Mavs

The AL West appear to better than I expected

I know its still a long way to go but my goodness they stinking it up right now
Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #200
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
WTF is wrong with the Rangers...I mean 3-7 the last 10 games now 3rd in the division and only 1.5 games from being last in the division....the defense is atrocious and the offense seems anemic....swept this weekend by the Yanks while the Lakers were also getting swept by the Mavs

The AL West appear to better than I expected

I know its still a long way to go but my goodness they stinking it up right now
the Rangers won on Saturday, so it was not a sweep. But yeah, Rangers can't get a series win to save their lives.

Tags
adam lind for the win, more left handed than u, official business, throw strikes with me