Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #1
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think that's FreshJive's point, although he may correct me if I'm wrong. Cuban and Nellie hated each other's guts by the end (they probably still do,) but I seriously doubt Cuban would ever let that stop him from acquiring a star.
Well I still don't get his point then because I'm not the one "reporting" they wouldn't do it because the owner didn't want to deal with Morey. CBSSports and possibly others are. So he would need to take it up with them I'm just the messenger.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...rs-per-report/
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampsAgainShoon View Post
Well I still don't get his point then because I'm not the one "reporting" they wouldn't do it because the owner didn't want to deal with Morey. CBSSports and possibly others are. So he would need to take it up with them I'm just the messenger.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...rs-per-report/
Where did you get the idea that he was taking a shot at you?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #3
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Where did you get the idea that he was taking a shot at you?
Because he asked a condesending question directed to me. Are you his interpreter?
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because he asked a condesending question directed to me. Are you his interpreter?
How is it condescending? Seems like a hypothetical that I thought was interesting. I don't sense a bit of condescension.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm a poster on a public forum reading the thing that he said publicly. As EL said, it appeared to be a hypothetical. If there was any stink on it, it seemed to be directed at the Houston Rockets. Not at you.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:31 AM   #6
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was just a joke/hypothetical, directed at anyone who reads it. Obviously, Nellie wouldn't offer that, and Cuban would accept it, but the point was that bridges can be burned and Cuban and Nellie probably weren't interested in negotiating in good faith on a trade at the time. I'm not surprised that Fertitta didn't want to deal with Morey, even if it benefited his team, and might have been the rational thing to do.

Also, Spiral has my permission to act as my interpreter.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote