Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
mavfanstoo

mavfanstoo is on a distinguished road

Now Mavs have 4 centers (or 5? if you count Dirk)

I think at least one of them will have to go in the off season. My guess is thatWang will not be re-signed. Then Mavs will have 3 centers who all can help on the defensive end and one (Raef) who can also provide enough offensive power.

What do you guys think?
mavfanstoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Well having too many centers is like having too many starting pitchers - it's impossible. But having said that, the Mavs do seem to have an embarassment of riches currently. None of them are Shaq, but we seem to be stronger at the position. I'm thinking that either Bradley or EE will be traded this summer. Maybe to New York, they've been willing to take our bad contract so far. Wang will be with the Mavs as long as the Chinese Army let him. I think the only reason he plays in the NBA is because of the work young Nellie put into establishing diplomatic relations.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:47 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Do the Mavs have even one player whose level of talent is sufficient to be a starting center, and whose best position is center?

Not yet.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:46 PM   #4
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

well, depending of how this years continues I do see Nellie developing a dallas-living-wall lineup with

C - Bradley / Esch / Wang
PF - LaFrentz
SF - Dirk

at times, or him trading at least one of them for a significant upgrade at - oh. ehm. well.

what would you trade for now - if you take into consideration that teams TAKEING our backup center won´t have one?

yeah, that´s the problem.

IF we trade one of them, it would be for an upgrade over either Nash or Fin OR in a package with VanExel, otherwise I´d see us play and carry them for a long long time.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:48 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Do the Mavs have even one player whose level of talent is sufficient to be a starting center, and whose best position is center? >>

There are not many teams in the NBA who are starting a true center at the pivot, that's a reality of NBA life. Most teams are starting PF's or stiffs in the middle. How many teams have a quality center - the Lakers, Sixers, &amp; Kings are the only ones I can think of. The guy in Miami is off his game. Portland is starting a PF, Indiana WAS until they made a trade. True centers who can play are a rarity in the NBA right now.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:01 PM   #6
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Ummm the Clippers have a Center, Atl has a center and you haven't seen Zo in a while I take it MFFL. The guy has been playing very well for the Heat. Minnesota has a real center, Cleveland, and San Antonio do as well. Detroit has a center, if you want to consider Ben Wallace a center. I see him as a center, and a very good 1. Charlotte has a very good center, among other teams. Sure they aren't Shaq or Mutombo but then again who is. All those teams have a starting center who's best position is center.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 02:05 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

you mentioned alot of teams that do have real centers..but most of them are either hurt all of the time ..not necessarily centers..or not that great
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote