Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-25-2015, 12:51 AM   #401
DirkMFFL

DirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these parts

Here is the million dollar question. Would you guys still want the mavs to sign Danny Green to 12 million a year even if they miss out on both Aldridge and DeAndre? Me personally no since I rather save that for the summer of 2016. 1st round exit if Parsons and Green are your #1 and #2 go to targets. Don't think either players bring the fear to their opponents as a #1 or #2 option like Monta and Dirk did the past few years.

Last edited by DirkMFFL; 06-25-2015 at 12:54 AM.
DirkMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 AM   #402
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I want Green for 10, and I think he could potentially be had for 10. If it's 12 I will not rip the Mavs for it. If the cap was not going up he would still be a 8mill a year guy and potentially a 10mill guy to the right team since he gives great defense and 41% 3pt shooting. Why is 8-10mill out of 63-66mill cap viewed as ok... yet 12m out of 89mill cap an overpay? The following year it would be 12m out of 108m projected cap. I do not understand this notion that 12mill is some kind of doom and gloom massive overpay.

If Green is the highlight of free agency then it will suck but I highly doubt the Mavs view Danny Green alone as some sort of Plan B scenario to the Plan A of LMA/DJ.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:03 AM   #403
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

If Parsons could get 15 a year than Green will atleast get 10.

Green is a Top5 Defender on his position and if we play a spread offense i rather fancy him taking the 3 or a midrange shot than Monta Ellis.

But 12-15 would be massively overspent. Really depends on what we do with LMA or Deandre if we could sign one.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #404
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

If Aldridge goes to San Antonio, the Spurs will be less willing to go over the cap to sign Green.

So losing out on Aldridge will probably save us a few bucks on Green.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #405
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Trade tonight Felton with the pick for Lawson (Denver wont get two 1st)

Sign Danny Green for 11
Re-sign Tyson for 10
Re-sign Aminu for 5-6

Thats then the 67 mio cap spent...we may have to cut a million from Green/Tyson/Aminu because of the cap holds...

Lawson
Green
Chandler
Dirk
Tyson

Harris/Aminu

Solid first seven guys...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #406
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Sign Danny Green for 11
Re-sign Tyson for 10
Re-sign Aminu for 5-6

Thats then the 67 mio cap spent...we may have to cut a million from Green/Tyson/Aminu because of the cap holds...

Lawson
Green
Chandler
Dirk
Tyson

Harris/Aminu

Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #407
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Trey Burke is available...the Mavs liked him in the draft and tried to move up to get him i think...

maybe #21 and future 2nd is enough....
Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #408
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sign Danny Green for 11
Re-sign Tyson for 10
Re-sign Aminu for 5-6

Lawson
Green
Chandler
Dirk
Tyson

Harris/Aminu

Totally on board with that. And its actually feasible. And probably the best we can hope for.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #409
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
He's worth 12 million for us. He's a lockdown defender, who attracts a ton of attention on offensive nd his value offensively goes far beyond his offensive ppg or efficiency with his gravity pull (read some of pelton's stuff). He's much more than a 5th man. He's a third guy.
Again, it's not about him. It's about the team.

Chandler/????/????
Dirk/Powell//????
Parsons/????/????
Green/Harris/????
Felton/????/????

And only 10-12 mill to fill the rest of the roster. That isn't a great team and that is why you have to look at not just "is he a good player" but what the team would look like with cap considerations. That team wouldn't make the playoffs if healthy. Just no motion or playmaking. Now imagine if Parsons or Chandler went down for 10-20 games.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-25-2015 at 10:56 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #410
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trey Burke is available...the Mavs liked him in the draft and tried to move up to get him i think...

That is vastly overpaying for a guy who really isn't NBA talent. A second would be pushing it. A FIRST and a second? No way.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #411
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You can just draft Trey Burke in this draft. His name is Terry Rozier.

Anyways, Burke is a bust which is why the Jazz are trying to move him.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #412
sefant77
Guru

I dont follow the Jazz a lot, so thanks for the info

Last edited by sefant77; 06-25-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #413
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Sign Danny Green for 11
Re-sign Tyson for 10
Re-sign Aminu for 5-6

Lawson
Green
Chandler
Dirk
Tyson

Harris/Aminu

That sounds like either a first round exit or missing the playoffs completely. I'm not sure what Lawson's contract looks like but i'd rather do the 1 year type contracts for guys than invest my future cap money in Green and Ty Lawson.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #414
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
That sounds like either a first round exit or missing the playoffs completely. I'm not sure what Lawson's contract looks like but i'd rather do the 1 year type contracts for guys than invest my future cap money in Green and Ty Lawson.
1 year contracts 4 life. Cant wait till next next season
Old 06-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #415
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Next year EVERYONE has max cap space. You have to try to get now a good team together so you can offer next summer money AND playoffs/title chances...

So the Mavs should try to get the best team together for at least two years...

Name me a realistic better option at PG as example..
Old 06-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #416
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Again, it's not about him. It's about the team.

Chandler/????/????
Dirk/Powell//????
Parsons/????/????
Green/Harris/????
Felton/????/????

And only 10-12 mill to fill the rest of the roster. That isn't a great team and that is why you have to look at not just "is he a good player" but what the team would look like with cap considerations. That team wouldn't make the playoffs if healthy. Just no motion or playmaking. Now imagine if Parsons or Chandler went down for 10-20 games.
Replace Chandler with Jordan... The rest of the roster wouldn't matter if you had a young, talented trio of Jordan/Green/Parsons to attract free agents in 2016.

This season is going to be a bust no matter who we sign, so our best option is to position ourselves to take full advantage of the cap spike (with a focus on up-front talent, not depth). I'm sure all those question marks will be one-year stopgaps once again because we need to use the bulk of our cap space to start moving the needle north.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #417
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Replace Chandler with Jordan... The rest of the roster wouldn't matter if you had a young, talented trio of Jordan/Green/Parsons to attract free agents in 2016.

This season is going to be a bust no matter who we sign, so our best option is to position ourselves to take full advantage of the cap spike (with a focus on up-front talent, not depth). I'm sure all those question marks will be one-year stopgaps once again because we need to use the bulk of our cap space to start moving the needle north.
This is a tough pill for me to swallow. Seems to be the truth. If we can make Green and Jordan I can be happy with it. Just tough to see all the teams in the league poised to such big splashes and immediate title contenders.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #418
sefant77
Guru

Yep, the Dirk window doesnt matter anymore. Its about the cap spike window and that means trying to build an attractive team core NOW

Last edited by sefant77; 06-25-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #419
Melonhead
Guru

On twitter TM backed off his earlier prediction that had DJ going to the mavs at 60%: "Toned down the optimism but still think there is a legit chance"

We all know how the summers end for the Mavs.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #420
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the Pacers will now try to move Roy Hibbert after Hibbert sent in paperwork to opt into final year of his current contract

@ESPNSteinLine: As @ZachLowe_NBA just tweeted, Roy Hibbert has officially filed paperwork to invoke his $15.5 million salary for next season with Indiana

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 PM   #421
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@ESPNSteinLine: Sources say that the Pacers will now try to move Roy Hibbert after Hibbert sent in paperwork to opt into final year of his current contract

@ESPNSteinLine: As @ZachLowe_NBA just tweeted, Roy Hibbert has officially filed paperwork to invoke his $15.5 million salary for next season with Indiana
Sign Tyson back and have Hibbert be his backup?
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:19 AM   #422
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

15.5 is a TON of money for a backup

Even more for a guy who only plays on one side of the court and wasn't even that great at that last season
Old 06-26-2015, 12:25 AM   #423
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't take this dude seriously. If DH12 is a mental midget I don't think the English language has words to describe Hibbert.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #424
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I'm liking our chances for Deandre after reading this

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippe...626-story.html

Quote:
with the NBA draft over, the Clippers can turn their attention to unrestricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan

The Clippers' main focus now is on keeping Jordan.

The season ended with Rivers denying reports Jordan and Chris Paul had a beef with each other.

But other NBA officials not authorized to speak publicly on the matter said there indeed is a rift between Jordan and Paul.

The officials said Jordan wants to be more involved in the offense and wants to be an All-Star, and he's not sure whether those things can happen on the Clippers with All-Stars Paul and Blake Griffin.

Dallas Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons has been recruiting Jordan, the officials said. The two have been hanging out together in Jordan's hometown of Houston.

When free agency starts at 9:01 p.m. PDT Tuesday, Jordan will be home in Houston.

The officials said four teams will visit Jordan at home — the Clippers, Lakers, Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks.

The Clippers can offer Jordan the most security.

He can sign a five-year maximum deal for $108 million with the Clippers. Other teams under the salary cap can offer Jordan a maximum deal of four years for $80 million, with an opt-out clause after the third season.

Jordan can also sign a two-year deal with the Clippers with a player option for after the 2016 season, giving him a starting salary of about $18.8 million for next season.

Jordan has already said he won't be "greedy" and go after next years rising salary cap
Old 06-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #425
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I would be thrilled if we could deandre and green
Old 06-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #426
sefant77
Guru

Jordan and Green would be a great offseason. A perfect one if we would be able to get enough money together to keep Aminu.

Too bad we cant do a S&T for Jordan with Tyson/Felton as a package. If we dont have enough cap for this three i hope they re-sign Tyson and do the Jordan-Tyson/Felton swap in december...

Green/Anderson/Aminu...there you have your wing armada of great wing defender like the Warriors had this year. Specially if Anderson lives up to the hype and Aminu also taking the next step.

And next summer i throw 20m at Mike Conley...

Conley/Harris
Green/Anderson
Parsons/Aminu
Dirk
Tyson or Jordan

That would be a sick team...

Last edited by sefant77; 06-26-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #427
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The mavs have GOT to get a viable option at PF so Dirk can go to the bench. Hell, regardless of Dirk...I guess we're content with Powell/Aminu playing stretches at the 4.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #428
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
The mavs have GOT to get a viable option at PF so Dirk can go to the bench. Hell, regardless of Dirk...I guess we're content with Powell/Aminu playing stretches at the 4.
I'm content with a rotation of Dirk/Aminu/Powell

Just saying.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #429
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'm content with a rotation of Dirk/Aminu/Powell

Just saying.
Your http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm bodes well for Powell's 45th draft spot considering other mid-late 2nd round spots as at least a possible rotational player.

Star: 0
Solid: 10
Role Player: 25
Deep Bench: 50
Bust: 0
DNP: 15
Old 06-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #430
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Jordan and Green would be a great offseason. A perfect one if we would be able to get enough money together to keep Aminu.

Too bad we cant do a S&T for Jordan with Tyson/Felton as a package. If we dont have enough cap for this three i hope they re-sign Tyson and do the Jordan-Tyson/Felton swap in december...

Green/Anderson/Aminu...there you have your wing armada of great wing defender like the Warriors had this year. Specially if Anderson lives up to the hype and Aminu also taking the next step.

And next summer i throw 20m at Mike Conley...

Conley/Harris
Green/Anderson
Parsons/Aminu
Dirk
Tyson or Jordan

That would be a sick team...
Don't think Conley is leaving Memphis, also why can't we do jordan for tyson/felton sign and trade, macmahon has thrown that out as what mavs will try to do if they get commitment from deandre. Mavs would then have the leverage as clips don't have cap
Old 06-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #431
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

I'd be absolutely thrilled if we could get Jordan. I know we'd probably struggle offensively. But imagine the defense we could throw out there with this lineup:

Harris
Anderson (or Green)
Parsons
Aminu
Jordan

I'd love to lock up the C position, with a young defensive player and then throw the kitchen sink at KD next year. I know it's improbable...but a guy can dream, right?
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #432
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Don't think Conley is leaving Memphis, also why can't we do jordan for tyson/felton sign and trade, macmahon has thrown that out as what mavs will try to do if they get commitment from deandre. Mavs would then have the leverage as clips don't have cap
Zach is 34 this summer...Green is an UFA in 2016...Marc probably stays but Memphis is in real threadmill danger.

And if you throw then a max deal at him with the mentioning existing roster...

And i thought u cant pack multiple players in a S&T. And Clippers are over the cap then and dont have a trade exception to take Felton in a seperate deal

Last edited by sefant77; 06-26-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #433
Underdog

Quote:
And i thought u cant pack multiple players in a S&T.
This is correct... IF we got Jordan for Chandler, then we could not include Felton.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #434
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Next year EVERYONE has max cap space. You have to try to get now a good team together so you can offer next summer money AND playoffs/title chances...

So the Mavs should try to get the best team together for at least two years...

Name me a realistic better option at PG as example..
I'd agree with that if I felt like they could get a good team this offseason but if the only additions you make are some form of combination between Danny Green and Lawson or whatever? Is that any more desirable than you were last season?

That's the downfall of the approach the Mavs have taken. Their roster is not intriguing for anyone who wants to be on a win now team. There are teams out there who have stunk for so long that they at least now have a few core guys on their team that look intriguing to play with.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #435
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only person on this board that still has high hopes for Powell?

The guy showed some promise last season and is still young.
If he puts on more muscle weight, and enhances his current skills, he could be a decent backup PF for us next season.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #436
sefant77
Guru

You have to try to get the best possible team together and have it under contract next summer.

40-50m cap are useless next summer because the (all)stars are going to choose an existent contender and get there paid anyway AND have title chances.

Thats why you need to sign guys this summer. Even if its a 1st/2nd round exit team for sure.

One year contract would be just smart if Dirks knows allready that Superstar buddy X and Y are going to sign here. But Dirk doesnt have such buddies.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #437
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
You have to try to get the best possible team together and have it under contract next summer.

40-50m cap are useless next summer because the (all)stars are going to choose an existent contender and get there paid anyway AND have title chances.

Thats why you need to sign guys this summer. Even if its a 1st/2nd round exit team for sure.

One year contract would be just smart if Dirks knows allready that Superstar buddy X and Y are going to sign here. But Dirk doesnt have such buddies.
That's a part that I think is underrated. Its one thing to have the cap space but its another to have it while having a solid team which is essentially impossible if you aren't drafting well.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #438
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Why is everybody so high on green... dude can't even create his own shot. Seems like a 2 trick pony to me. 3D. Is that enough?

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #439
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
Why is everybody so high on green... dude can't even create his own shot. Seems like a 2 trick pony to me. 3D. Is that enough?
He provides godly court spreading nightmares for teams. He can play lock down defense. That combination is highly coveted in today's NBA. Is it worth 12 million a year? I don't think so in yesterday's NBA. Not even in today's 68 million cap NBA. But if your doing this for tomorrow's NBA (88million?) then you got something there.

Green + Jordan would give us incredible defense for the next 5 years. Add in Parsons who I think will only grow under Carlisle and I think you got a nice recipe for success. We need a solid #1 scoring option still IMO but that's what 15-16 is for.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #440
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
He provides godly court spreading nightmares for teams. He can play lock down defense. That combination is highly coveted in today's NBA. Is it worth 12 million a year? I don't think so in yesterday's NBA. Not even in today's 68 million cap NBA. But if your doing this for tomorrow's NBA (88million?) then you got something there.

Green + Jordan would give us incredible defense for the next 5 years. Add in Parsons who I think will only grow under Carlisle and I think you got a nice recipe for success. We need a solid #1 scoring option still IMO but that's what 15-16 is for.
Stevenson was a huge part of our championship and Green is a much better and younger version.
If everyone was ball dominant we'd have the same mess we had with Rondo/Ellis/Parsons.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote