Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have kept dirk, Tyson. Shawn, jkiddo and probably jet. Only tyson got a big bump in salary, everyone else was quite reasonable.

Kaman and brand have made us even older than we were before, athletic wise. Kaman is fools gold. A center who doesn't draw doubles, doesn't pass out of them and can't play defense. Besides dirk is our low post threat, has been for years now. I'd rather dirk get almost all of Karan's shots. Tyson's ability to take the alley pop was perfectly fine for this team offensively, it created driving lanes that kaman never will.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-17-2012 at 09:00 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I would have kept dirk, Tyson. Shawn, jkiddo and probably jet. Only tyson got a big bump in salary, everyone else was quite reasonable.

Kaman and brand have made us even older than we were before, athletic wise. Kaman is fools gold. A center who doesn't draw doubles, doesn't pass out of them and can't play defense. Besides dirk is our low post threat, has been for years now. I'd rather dirk get almost all of Karan's shots. Tyson's ability to take the alley pop was perfectly fine for this team offensively, it created driving lanes that kaman never will.
You lost me at keeping JKidd and Jet.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You lost me at keeping JKidd and Jet.
They are relatively cheap IMO. We have fisher now instead of jkiddo so what is the diff. Jet is questionable...if I can swap mayo for jet I probably do it. But jkiddo instead of fisher?, yea.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
They are relatively cheap IMO. We have fisher now instead of jkiddo so what is the diff. Jet is questionable...if I can swap mayo for jet I probably do it. But jkiddo instead of fisher?, yea.
Kidd had to be paid MUCH more than Fisher, and he looked like a corpse in the run he got last year. If they hung on to Kidd, they probably would have lost out on 2 of the acquisitions Dallas made. Probably Kaman and maybe Mayo. Did you really want to see the same team as last year? Old, slow, and sans Dirk we would have been just as bad if not worse.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
Kidd had to be paid MUCH more than Fisher, and he looked like a corpse in the run he got last year. If they hung on to Kidd, they probably would have lost out on 2 of the acquisitions Dallas made. Probably Kaman and maybe Mayo. Did you really want to see the same team as last year? Old, slow, and sans Dirk we would have been just as bad if not worse.
Keeping jkiddo after letting Tyson go is a don't care, the team is going to be first,round fodder just like last year. Keeping jkiddo and Tyson was prudent IMO. Again I don't think kaman is worth much. Mayo looks like a player, kaman looks like brand, end of the road.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
Everyone looked like a corpse in the cluster of a season, but still he and chandler and jet I would have been happy to see compete.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not quite sure why you're going on about how you "would have kept" Kidd. The Mavs tried to keep Kidd. They made him a very reasonable offer, and he chose to go to New York for the exact same contract.

You're making an irrelevant argument, frankly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm not quite sure why you're going on about how you "would have kept" Kidd. The Mavs tried to keep Kidd. They made him a very reasonable offer, and he chose to go to New York for the exact same contract.

You're making an irrelevant argument, frankly.
As mentioned after Tyson left keeping jkiddo is kinda irrelevant, i understand why they wanted to because their pg play is atrocious. But since this team isnt going anywhere for awhile, it was kinda moot.

After cubes decided to tear it down I would be focusing much more on the draft to be honest, find a way to build up their talent evaluation. The idea of "sorta" competing (which they are doing now) while waiting for a big free agent seems pretty ridiculous IMO. It's neither going for it nor tearing it down. I don't understand it. Maybe cubes/Donnie have some sort of plan but I'm not seeing it.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
As mentioned after Tyson left keeping jkiddo is kinda irrelevant, i understand why they wanted to because their pg play is atrocious. But since this team isnt going anywhere for awhile, it was kinda moot.

After cubes decided to tear it down I would be focusing much more on the draft to be honest, find a way to build up their talent evaluation. The idea of "sorta" competing (which they are doing now) while waiting for a big free agent seems pretty ridiculous IMO. It's neither going for it nor tearing it down. I don't understand it. Maybe cubes/Donnie have some sort of plan but I'm not seeing it.
Cuban addresses some of that here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...medium=twitter
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
But you won’t see us like some teams have where you win 41 games for three straight years. Then, ‘Oh, this is the year,’ but nothing’s really changed. You won’t see us there.

Those words are music to my ears.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ok, so there is really no point in talking about how you "would have kept Kidd." It's really just another way of saying that you would have kept Chandler (which, in turn, would have made keeping Kidd more relevant and appropriate).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ghost of empty bags, ghost of relevance, ghost of smegma monster, knee-jerking knuckleheads, when trolls pose as fans