Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default with Kidd's little bit of help now gone, how about this?

alright...so Kittles is gone. with this massive unloading, it looks like Kidd has to be on his way out...with all of the youth they're trading for (i.e. draft picks), he's a dinosaur to them now. if Kidd lands here, somehow without Dallas giving any of these guys up (unlikely), Dallas will need to make another move to get some bench players, and I think Walker might be perfect bait. how would you feel about a Walker/Delk for Penny/Mohammad deal? Penny could play solid at the 2 from the bench, giving Finley rest and keeping him fresh, with Mohammad giving us some solid depth at C. as a bonus, both deals expire after next season. if Walker isn't involved in a deal for Kidd, this could be done right now. New York would trade Penny, I believe, with Houston coming back into the starting line-up next year, and needing to have somewhere to play Crawford.

if that's done, we've still got Stackhouse and Laettner to play with...with Laettner possibly staying so we'll have a guy with size at the 4. haven't came up with anything for them yet, but I was thinking they might be possible parts in a Kidd deal, if it were to ever happen.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
FolterKammer84

FolterKammer84 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:with Kidd's little bit of help now gone, how about this?

i think fin and daniels at the 2 is enough depth
FolterKammer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
endtroducing
Golden Member

also, since Moochie Norris will probably be in the deal for Crawford....they'll need a backup point guard, and they'll get Delk for that (who did play solid for Boston). since Houston will be back, and they will more than likely have Crawford, I honestly don't see anywhere for Penny to play...since Crawford will probably come off the bench and play the 1 and 2. New York gets their Walker and backup point, and Dallas gets some much needed depth...and the trade is fair all around, since Walker's huge deal expires, as does the ones Dallas takes on. if New York is a little weary about Dallas getting more space than them, I guess we could send them either Laettner or Najera (Najera just gives them an extra player to compensate for the difference in cap space).
Old 07-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #4
mavsfan4life7

mavsfan4life7 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: with Kidd's little bit of help now gone, how about this?

then they would have to give us a pick, preferrably a first rounder.
mavsfan4life7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #5
endtroducing
Golden Member

just thinking outloud here...if that trade was done, Dallas would have Stackhouse and Laettner to offer up to the Nets. a Stack/Laettner/Najera deal works for Kidd/Luscious Harris...assuming that trade would go through (unlikely), that would leave the Mavs with this line-up:

PG - Kidd/Harris/Daniels/Stef?
SG - Daniels/Penny/Howard
SF - Finley/Howard/Penny?
PF - Dirk/Booth/Mohammad/Benga
C - Mohammad/Bradley/Benga/Dirk

IR: Pavel, TAW, Avery

they could trade Harris to someone for a 2098 second round pick.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:28 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: with Kidd's little bit of help now gone, how about this?

"they could trade Harris to someone for a 2098 second round pick."

What are you talking about?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Walker/Delk for Penney/Mohammed would be a horrible deal. 1st off we don't need any more 2 guard help. If Penney is brought in it would be for PG help. I think we can do better. Penney's not the PG he used to be or anywhere close. We flat out don't need Mohammad. We have too many 5's as it is. We don't need another. We need to be getting less players back than we give up or at least get highly tradeable players. I don't see as big clamore for Penney or Mohammad as for Walker. IMO this would be a backwards move.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:04 PM   #8
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

i'm not sure what we need to do, endless endless trade rumore, just get kidd and a better center, not 5 or 6 average one's and we should be good to go
Old 07-29-2004, 05:15 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
i'm not sure what we need to do, endless endless trade rumore, just get kidd and a better center, not 5 or 6 average one's and we should be good to go
Could you please make a list of centers that you would consider acceptable. We all know Shaq's gone, so he's out. Who else?
Old 07-29-2004, 05:32 PM   #10
endtroducing
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
"they could trade Harris to someone for a 2098 second round pick."

What are you talking about?
luscious harris. I wasn't talking about your baby devin.

penny hasn't played point guard since, like, 1995...the only reason we'd get him is for bench play, and his contract. this deal is better than the deal we're looking at now, which includes kurt thomas, of all people.

I don't see how getting penny, who still has game, a huge expiring contract and losing delk (who doesn't) for 20 mins a night is a backwards move. Pavel and Benga may as well sit on the IR, since they're completely unproven and have no NBA experience...Mohammad (who also has an expiring contract) is at least better than Booth, anyways.

what else could we get that would be better? glenn robinson?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Could you please make a list of centers that you would consider acceptable. We all know Shaq's gone, so he's out. Who else?
nice move LRB, I just wouldn't expect a reasonable answer. I would be more negative about him an his unreasonable belief that we need a star center to win, but he's going to give me some Mavs tickets.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #12
vinnieponte

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Quote:
nice move LRB, I just wouldn't expect a reasonable answer. I would be more negative about him an his unreasonable belief that we need a star center to win, but he's going to give me some Mavs tickets.

Erica I must admit, you just don't stop do you and I guarantee you wont be winning those tickets, but I'm a man of my word and will do as I said if the Mavs beat the Spurs. Now to answer your question assuming your part of the population who loves Bradley, i would still try to go for Dampier or Thomas or if any chance at all try for the Big Z. But go on and keep believeing Bradley will get it done but just look at the past and keep on dreamin!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:35 AM   #13
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

How about this trade:

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.4 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
C Alonzo Mourning (8.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17.9 minutes)
PF Aaron Williams (6.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.9 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
New Jersey receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 82 games)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 48 games)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.9 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Our team would look like this.

PG Kidd, Harris
SG Daniels, Stackhouse
SF Finley, Howard
PF Dirk, AWilliams, Najera
C Bradley, Booth, M'Benga

IL Stefansson, Mourning, Pavel, TAW , AJ
We would have to do two of these...cut Stef, trade/buyout TAW or AJ to only coaching
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:33 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

so there are only three "decent" centers out there? Thomas, Dampier and Z? You have to be delusional to think that we need one of them to win.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #15
vinnieponte

Quote:
so there are only three "decent" centers out there? Thomas, Dampier and Z? You have to be delusional to think that we need one of them to win.
I didn't say we need them to win, I said they would be better than Bradley

Old 07-30-2004, 12:51 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Erica I must admit, you just don't stop do you and I guarantee you wont be winning those tickets, but I'm a man of my word and will do as I said if the Mavs beat the Spurs. Now to answer your question assuming your part of the population who loves Bradley, i would still try to go for Dampier or Thomas or if any chance at all try for the Big Z. But go on and keep believeing Bradley will get it done but just look at the past and keep on dreamin!

Hmmm. Big Z can't spell defense much less play it. Sure he's a pretty good offensive weapon at Center. However do we need that?

Dampier has had one good season out of his whole time in the NBA. Last year he was very good. Last year was also a contract year. Damp is a defensive prescence, but not as much as Bradley. Still I'd love to have them both. But at what price? If we can get him at the right price, then by all means do so. However I doubt that it's reasonable to expect that we can get him at any reasonable price. Sure if you want to trade Dirk we'll get him by all means. Even if we don't we'd be obligating ourselves to an incredibly expensive long term contract to an unproven center. I'd prefer to give DJ and Pavel minutes instead. The risk/reward ration is much better there.

Thomas is an ungrateful, backstabbing bastard. He's also incredibly undersized to play center because he's a PF and not big for a PF at that. Thomas isn't that good of a shot blocker as well. Sure he plays tought, but we should learn from last year that playing multiple PF's is not the answer.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: MikeB
How about this trade:

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.5 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.4 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.9 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

New Jersey trades: PG Jason Kidd (15.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 9.2 apg in 36.5 minutes)
New Jersey receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 82 games)
PF Christian Laettner (5.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 48 games)
PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.9 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Our team would look like this.

PG Kidd, Harris
SG Daniels, Stackhouse
SF Finley, Howard
PF Dirk, AWilliams, Najera
C Bradley, Booth, M'Benga

IL Stefansson, Mourning, Pavel, TAW , AJ
We would have to do two of these...cut Stef, trade/buyout TAW or AJ to only coaching
I'd jump on this trade without hesitation if NJ would agree to it. Hell we'd probably find ourselves up on rape charges. Which is why I don't think NJ does it. But if they would do it by all means.

We can always buyout TAW and Alonzo.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't say we need them to win, I said they would be better than Bradley
who is better than Bradley?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:12 PM   #19
vinnieponte

all of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and by the way Erica, you wont be getting those tickets.