Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-13-2004, 09:22 PM   #81
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas @ Chicago GameDay Thread

You can't tell me Marquis doesn't feel better tonight. He's actually running out there.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2004, 09:23 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
You can't tell me Marquis doesn't feel better tonight. He's actually running out there.
It's too bad he's not feeling better between the ears. I've never seen a guard consistently make such poor decisions on the break.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #83
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That's just not very bright. You'd rather him shooting a jumper than dishing the ball to someone that has a layup. Brilliant.

First off, I was replying to Bookit. Second, I wasn't even talking about the play you were discussing. I'm talking about Marquis in general. I like my odds of Marquis inside the paint rather than Marquis outside of the paint.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #84
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
It's too bad he's not feeling better between the ears. I've never seen a guard consistently make such poor decisions on the break.
This is a little harse Murph. The guy is a good player.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #85
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Blackman always says the Mavs need more concentration. Ya think?
Old 12-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #86
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas @ Chicago GameDay Thread

can everyone just shut up about quis and his decision making! damn, ok he messes up sometimes, deal with it! he's a hell of a player that has started slow to this season. he saved our ass several times last season so lay off him!

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #87
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Quote:

It really is. I'd rather wait and judge the guy when he's healthy. That same theory goes for every player on this team.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:27 PM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Harsh? The guy doesn't make intelligent decisions with the ball. He doesn't always turn the ball over but he makes the wrong pass or doesn't make a pass at all entirely too frequently. It's inexcusable even from a second year player. How long has he been running the break? His entire life? Come on, the guy's almost to the point to where he shouldn't be allowed to touche the ball at all on the break unless there's no one from either side in front of him.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #89
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Damn, Dirk's got to hit these free throws. It's not like him to miss these gimmies.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #90
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It really is. I'd rather wait and judge the guy when he's healthy. That same theory goes for every player on this team.
So, his decision making is affected by lack of mental health? Or, are you going to pass that off as poor decision making because of his ankle? Please, don't tell me that. As for the mental health, I'd assume he has a clear bill of health.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #91
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Damn, Dirk's got to hit these free throws. It's not like him to miss these gimmies.
Nope, it's not. And he needs to drive to the rim more often while he has such an advantage over whoever's guarding him. He's got to realize this.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #92
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Harsh? The guy doesn't make intelligent decisions with the ball. He doesn't always turn the ball over but he makes the wrong pass or doesn't make a pass at all entirely too frequently. It's inexcusable even from a second year player. How long has he been running the break? His entire life? Come on, the guy's almost to the point to where he shouldn't be allowed to touche the ball at all on the break unless there's no one from either side in front of him.
Ok, but give the guy props when he starts playing well.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #93
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Dirk only averages 1.5 blocks a game? It seems like he gets atleast 3 a game.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #94
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Murph is a very bitchy mood.

What a blah game.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: NoHeartIncluded
can everyone just shut up about quis and his decision making!
uhh, no, but thanks for asking

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:32 PM   #96
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No one gets screwed on blocks and steals in the NBA than Dirk.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:34 PM   #97
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What's up with Howard?

Thankfully Dirk is getting to the ft line.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, but give the guy props when he starts playing well.
Not a problem. He'll get props for playing well when he does. I do give him credit when he plays well, but his mental mistakes are borderline ridiculous. I have never seen a player so incapable of making the right play on the break.
As for what he produces on the court, I have no problem with any of it at this point UNTIL he gets healthy EXCEPT for the mental mistakes. They are the same types of mistakes that he made last year. He's consistent.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

does Daniels ever hit threes?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #100
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Not this year.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #101
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
..about 18-20% this season
slightly over 30% last season.

But, he did hit one earlier tonight. He needs to stay in the paint for the most part.

By the way, I love having Fin back.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #102
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
just checked...he has three all season

Old 12-13-2004, 09:38 PM   #103
sike
The Preacha

Fin looking good so far, 5-10 with 13pts

Old 12-13-2004, 09:38 PM   #104
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Stackhouse AND Terry really seem to be riding the bench with Devin.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #105
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
Quote:

No one gets screwed on blocks and steals in the NBA than Dirk.
He's got to be getting screwed on that. Even I have to admit that. That guy gets atleast 3 blocks a game on a average.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #106
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
I forgot about Stack. I love forgetting about Stack.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

Fin, you're clutch.

It's nice having a guy on the team that can just stop, catch, and shoot. It's so freaking nice...welcome back Fin.

Plus, he's usually a good rebounder from the 2 spot..we'll follow that to see how it comes along after the injury.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
I forgot about Stack. I love forgetting about Stack.
I sure by the end of the game you'll be reminded...and I'll have a headache

Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #109
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not sure what you meant by this statement but Stack isn't playing tonight and yea Terry and Harris are riding the bench. Excluding a couple of missed shots DA has been doing what we need him to do but Nellie pulled Harris wayy to quick. I think we will see Harris in the 2nd half. Not sure if Nellie will play Terry.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #110
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: NoHeartIncluded
can everyone just shut up about quis and his decision making!
uhh, no, but thanks for asking

*chuckle*...

'Quis doesn't make very good decisions on the break for sure. I don't know if he'll get better after playing 82 games or not.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:47 PM   #111
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

46-46 at the half:

Howard (16) 1-6, 0-2, 2pts, 3rbs, 2as

Dirk (22) 2-7, 0-1, 8-11, 12pts, 7rbs, 1as, 1to, 1blk

Dampier (9) 2-2, 4pts, 3tos, 2blks

Finley (21) 5-10, 2-4, 1-1, 13pts, 1rb, 1as, 1stl

Armstrong (18) 3-7, 0-1, 6pts, 2rbs, 2as, 2tos

Bradley (8) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb, 2blks

Daniels (13) 2-5, 1-2, 0-1, 5pts, 2rbs, 1to, 3stls

Terry (3) 0-1, 0-1, 1to

Harris (3) 2as

Henderson (7) 1-1, 2pts, 3rbs, 1as, 1to, 1stl
Old 12-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #112
sike
The Preacha

pretty quiet game from Howard....

Old 12-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #113
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He hasn't been very consistent lately, neither offensively or defensively.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #114
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Spoke too soon! 3 by Howard.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #115
dude1394
Guru

Hmm...terry starting????
Old 12-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #116
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Spoke too soon! 3 by Howard.
one shot makes you consistent? I think not

Old 12-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #117
dude1394
Guru

Fin must have huge hands, he just holds it up like a grapefruit.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #118
Bookit
Diamond Member

Dirk is now out ot the offense. Get the ball back to Dirk!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:58 PM   #119
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Fin just missed Dirk for an open 3.

1996-2005
Old 12-13-2004, 09:58 PM   #120
sike
The Preacha

Bulls 0-7 on threes