Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #81
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr
My argument isn't a moral one, it's an economic one--and the issue is resource allocation.

The maintenance of murderers should never come before the maintenance of infants and contributing productive members of society.

And that's no straw man.

If you want to equate needy children with murderers, or argue for abortion for that matter, let's make another thread. But the absurdity of that argument means my work here is done.
just WOW.

YOU bring need children into the stupid discussion, and then try to make this "gotcha" post.

just wow.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #82
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
just WOW.

YOU bring need children into the stupid discussion, and then try to make this "gotcha" post.

just wow.
I believe it was the (failed) counterpoint that suggested killing children. Anything I ever argued certainly valued children's lives far above those of convicted murderers.

Wow.

And congratulations to Gov. Pusssy, who's turning out far and away to be the governon that NOBODY wanted.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 09-01-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #83
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
this is an il conceived argument
It is an inconvenient truth to the opponents of capital punishment who try to argue that perpetual incarceration is a cheaper alternative.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #84
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Is profitability and the money all you can think of? Please cook up something new, as we all know your opinion of "being economical" now.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 09-01-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:13 AM   #85
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

People who bring forward the argument, that the bible supports the death penalty haven't understood the peaceful message of his book.

But hey, the Christian just war theory has been replaced by a preemptive war theory as well, so why do I even bother...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #86
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
But hey, the Christian just war theory has been replaced by a preemptive war theory as well, so why do I even bother...
I don't know why you bother either. Since the "just war theory" I don't suspect contemplated country-less suicidal maniacs willing to blow themselves and millions of civilians up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote