Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eric Snow Dealt!!!

Sixers traded Eric Snow for Kevin Ollie and Kedrick Brown on Cleveland.....I'm sorry, but if they can get a nice PG like that for basically nothing, then I'm wondering what the heck are we waiting for to get a vet pg????? Oh, and the trade was announced on ESPN radio, David Aldridge reporting.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Eric Snow Dealt!!!

we could have offered a lot more than that.

What do the Sixers think they are doing? Aren't they having problems with their other guard as well?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Eric Snow Dealt!!!

I like Eric, but he's 31 with 5 years remaining on his deal. Not the kind of option the Mavs would be seriously considering.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #4
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Maybe Iverson was jealous that they had someone who could handle the rock. Seriously, who is making the decisions for that franchise. Iverson paired with a coach who wants everyone to shoot nothing but 3's. Talk about getting entrenched into lottery hell.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #5
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

He's 31 with 5 more years on his contract. Why would the Mavs want to add him to their lineup? If he had 2-3 years sure, but 5. Currently the Mavs are trying to stockpile tradeable pieces or young players that could become much better. Snow is neither of those. Looks like the Sixers are trying to save money and also take a shot on Brown.

The Mavs would be smart to get a guy like Rod Strickland if possible for a year. Between Strick and Avery, they could get 15-25 minutes a night and if they had to, they could close out the game until Devin is fully ready.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 02:12 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

How old is Rod Strickland though? LOL how many teams has he been on?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:58 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Strickland is like 36 years old.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:10 PM   #8
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

But he doesn't have a 5 year contract!
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:23 PM   #9
NBAGnome

NBAGnome is on a distinguished road

This is pretty strange.

The sixers could run Iverson at the 2 guard because of Snow's ability to guard shooting guards and let iverson guard the other teams point guard. By trading him that seems to be saying that Iverson will be playing point guard. Willie Green perhaps as the other 2 guard? With Aaron McKie/Salmons as backup? Green showed lots of flashes actually and apparently has been playing well in summer league. I guess it kinda makes sense for the sixers. They are taking their team in a younger direction. Kenny Thomas and Dalembert are both good players. But thats not a lot of size at all at the 4 or 5 spot, but Thomas kinda showed he could play there last season so maybe they'll be alright, they are in the east...

I read Kedrick Brown was said to have reported for summer camp 20 pounds overweight. The Cavs were unhappy with him because they chose to protect him instead of Kapono for the expansion draft thinking he had potential, but i guess reporting in overweight got them to trade him.

For the Cavs, does Snow or McInnis start now? McInnis was playing well there last season for them...they need a power forward
Old 07-20-2004, 11:03 PM   #10
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

what the hell is this? we give away our starting pg (with upwards of 7apg) for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And apparently this NOTHING is OVERWEIGHT?? I was not the biggest fan of Eric Snow but he did what we needed him to do.

I heard Philly's next move... AI and Dalembert for 2 second rounders and cash.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:50 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Realgm Philly Board

It sounds like Philly is after a specific player. Quite a few of those posters seem to think it's Walker.

On draft night, there was the rumor of a Finley for Robinson swap. I wonder if that is being revisited?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:57 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Funny conversation....

Person A- "Phil on Daily News Live said he knows for a fact Sixers have a player they want and he's talked to both sides and they are trying to get a deal done. Any guesses on the player?"

Person B- "Antoine Walker"

Person A- "No. Next."

Person B- "why did you say no? just another opinion you state as fact or did Phil say something else?"

Person A- "I said no because we won't get him because I don't want him, so we as a whole are crossing him off the list."

Person B- "then you realize you mean d#ck to the people making decisions!"

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img] (thats emoticon is laughing, not having a seizure)
Old 07-21-2004, 12:51 AM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

This is funny. I found it on a realgm and about half the Phillie fans liked it

Dallas trades: Tariq Abdul-Wahad ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Glenn Robinson (16.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.9 minutes)
SG Allen Iverson (26.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 6.8 apg in 42.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +16.5 ppg, -10.1 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Philadelphia trades: SF Glenn Robinson (16.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.9 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: Tariq Abdul-Wahad ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 56 games)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: -16.5 ppg, +10.1 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
Old 07-21-2004, 04:44 AM   #14
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Philadelphia trades: SF Glenn Robinson (16.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.9 minutes)

TRADE ACCEPTED

Hell No!!!!

I want no part of the Glenn Robinson and AI trash. Just say no to the insanity.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:43 AM   #15
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Hell No!!!!

But we are getting rid of TAW who has no trade value as opposed to Glenn who has some value.

Old 07-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #16
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Quote:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Hell No!!!!

But we are getting rid of TAW who has no trade value as opposed to Glenn who has some value.
Robinson and Walker are a wash. They both have expiring, max contracts.

So we actually get, AI who's a ball-hogging-injury-prone-6'-superstar-guard-with-an-ugly-contract, for JHo, Fortson & TAW.
That's a tough call and after careful consideration, my answer is 'no'. But I would do it if they throw in Dalembert into the mix [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #17
seal614

So essentially AI and and Big dog for Josh Howard? Big dog might be worthless but you guys have got to be kidding me. I have 2 words for you that your team does not:

Former MVP.

- Brian
Old 07-21-2004, 11:10 AM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Quote:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Hell No!!!!

Robinson and Walker are a wash. They both have expiring, max contracts.

So we actually get, AI who's a ball-hogging-injury-prone-6'-superstar-guard-with-an-ugly-contract, for JHo, Fortson & TAW.
That's a tough call and after careful consideration, my answer is 'no'. But I would do it if they throw in Dalembert into the mix [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yea, I might reconsider if we got Dalembert. Getting rid of TAW is not that high of a priority, all that would do is free up a roster spot. Mark can buy him out if we need that.

AI is a fomer MVP, but that really doesn't impress me much. AI is a volume shooter and is way undersized for a SG which we already have too many of anyways. IMO AI detracts instead of adds to this team. He's as bad a fit here as Walker is if not worse. Having AI and Big Dog both would be a horrible chemistry mix.

The Mavs should build around Dirk, and AI and Big Dog just don't complement Dirk at all.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #19
seal614

Regardless of how poorly Iverson would fit in Dallas... the aforementioned trade would go down in history as one of the worst of all time.

Josh Howard, Fortson and Tariq?!?! LOL

Anyway you choose to look at AI, the man will drop 30pts, dish 7assists, and grab 3 steals on any given night. JH, Fortson and Tariq could go their entire careers without a night like that. Sorry!

[EDIT] LRB I never said AI would be a good fit... in fact my opening line ^ indicates my agreement regarding what a poor fit he would be. I was trying to explain to you guys that on a player value level, that trade is unforgiveable (granted AI's stock came down quite a bit this year, he is still a superstar hands down, Dirk is not a superstar). Another note (not meant to be confrontational), but I don't think the Mavericks should be labeling other times as "inefficient scorers" The Dallas Mavericks are a jump shooting team, and I'm not exactly sure if there's a less "efficient" way to score than pop long range and 3 pt shots from every position on the floor... even your "center". At least AI's style involves driving and drawing the foul. His shooting percentage is ghastly but I wouldn't say his style is wholly inefficient. You and everybody else here on this board know there's a reason why you need a true center so badly... and I'll remind you that your typical center should not be taking 3 pointers or anything even close. Thanks!

One more edit: Just to clarify, although I just defended AI I sure as hell like Dirk a lot more... "superstar" or not. Don't want anybody to think I'm a Philly troll or something.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:21 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: seal614
Regardless of how poorly Iverson would fit in Dallas... the aforementioned trade would go down in history as one of the worst of all time.

Josh Howard, Fortson and Tariq?!?! LOL

Anyway you choose to look at AI, the man will drop 30pts, dish 7assists, and grab 3 steals on any given night. JH, Fortson and Tariq could go their entire careers without a night like that. Sorry!

JHo is a rebounding machine, which is something that AI is not. We need rebounds tons more than we do points on this team. AI only at best fills a redundant need.

Fortson and Tariq will sit out most of the season with little complaint, therefore not messing things up for the rest of the team. AI will never do that.

Sure AI can drop 30 pts and 7 assists, but usually at an incredibly inefficient rate as compared to the Mavs team as as whole. Bottom line AI makes us more inefficient on offense and doesn't help any rebounding or on defense.

AI can be a great talent for a team desperate for scoring, however that's not the Dallas Mavs.