Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-13-2020, 12:41 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I hate the Lakers,

I will always be happy when the Rockets are wrecked
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:47 AM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
As much as I hate the Lakers,

I will always be happy when the Rockets are wrecked
Rooting for Lakers-Celtics final now, assuming Denver can’t win three in a row against the Clippers. God it would be fun to see the Clippers collapse though.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:00 AM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Rooting for Lakers-Celtics final now, assuming Denver can’t win three in a row against the Clippers. God it would be fun to see the Clippers collapse though.
Clippers are winning it all, my dude. I get why that's distasteful, but at least we'll feel good about our Mavs.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:10 AM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Clippers are winning it all, my dude. I get why that's distasteful, but at least we'll feel good about our Mavs.
I know I think so too. I think I picked Clipppers vs. Celtics with Clippers winning in 6 before the playoffs. Then Hayward went down and I was worried but they barely missed a beat. It just bothers me because of our history with them. I think Doc is the biggest phoney. Hating them in the CP years. How smug and condescending they all were when the DeAndre drama went down. Kawhi basically holding two franchises hostage to get what he wants. PG just basically being a loser second fiddle and passive aggressively getting out of his own situations. Beverley is the most annoying player in the league. Harrell screaming after every basket, no matter the game situation. And then of course Morris actively trying to injure our franchise player.

They are just such front runners. West and Frank have made some very shrewd moves but Also have been so lucky. The Lakers gifted them Zubac, they got the CP3 golden parachute of Lou, Harrell and other assets and they can afford to trade a pick for Morris and get prime buyout guys and MLE due to being in LA. Lou Williams even took a discount to stay saving them probably 3m or so a year capwise. Kawhi and PG are allowed to push off on almost every drive and then Beverley talks about Jokic flopping when they get ALL the calls. They got all the calls in our series. I just hope they find a way to lose. Rooting hard for the Celtics the rest of the way.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-13-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:18 AM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
And that’s really not any consolation. I feel good that we played them well. But them winning won’t necessarily validate that feeling any further. We were missing Powell, Brunson and KP for a large part of the series with Luka injured as well and they were missing Beverley but they were celebrating like they were the underdogs or something.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:27 PM   #6
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
And that’s really not any consolation. I feel good that we played them well. But them winning won’t necessarily validate that feeling any further. We were missing Powell, Brunson and KP for a large part of the series with Luka injured as well and they were missing Beverley but they were celebrating like they were the underdogs or something.
I think part of why they were so obnoxious in Round 1 is that the Mavs were tougher to beat than they envisioned/wanted.

There will always be sports villains in life. It makes things more interesting.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote