Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #41
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Doesn't break my heart. I've learned to expect it.

He doesn't take a paycheck from the 700 Club or any of it's affiliates. The money he lives off of comes entirely from the books he sells. His prophecies always generate more book sales (especially when he writes books about those prophecies).

If he's right, then good for him - he got one right. If he's wrong, it won't be the first time.

This comment by Robertson really caught my attention:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

If his prophecies were truly coming from God, Pat wouldn't miss any of them. That's the real danger of holding yourself up to be a prophet. If you proclaim to speak for God, you'd better get it right. False prophets in the Bible were typically put to death.

If I were in Pat's shoes, I certainly wouldn't make light of the situation by saying, "I have a relatively good track record," as if he's some sort of palm reader or soothsayer.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
This comment by Robertson really caught my attention:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

If his prophecies were truly coming from God, Pat wouldn't miss any of them. That's the real danger of holding yourself up to be a prophet. If you proclaim to speak for God, you'd better get it right. False prophets in the Bible were typically put to death.

If I were in Pat's shoes, I certainly wouldn't make light of the situation by saying, "I have a relatively good track record," as if he's some sort of palm reader or soothsayer.
Bingo........if he were a true prophet, 100% accurate is the ONLY way.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #43
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Whatever sells....I don't believe that was Peter and Paul's philosophy.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Whatever sells....I don't believe that was Peter and Paul's philosophy.
No, it wasn't.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #45
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

If I make enough outrageous predictions, I'm bound to hit one here and there. Is that the new standard?

I am saddened by this sort of thing. A man claims he has the "word of prophecy" to be able to dispense wisdom from God, then starts spewing randomly hoping to hit on something as proof. God who knows the future never dispenses erroneous messages.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #46
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

All you doubt'n Thomas' are in for a shitty 07.