Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2001, 08:29 PM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

So we couldn't get a Mcdyess ... so how about A.Hardaway ... insta offense, good D, can rebound ... 2 unhealthy gaurds = 1 bad ass gaurd?
Old 03-23-2001, 08:36 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

If we could get Hardaway without giving away to much, we could win the jackpot... If he ever gets healthy enough to play a real season again he could end up being a monster. The kinds of skills that he had (has) early in his career don't go away- they just got betrayed by his body... I would be very happy if we got him... It would be nice if destiny sent Hardaway back to Nelson- if GS hadn't have made the trade for Webber, that team might have won a championship or two (Timmy Hardaway, Sprewell, Mullin, Gatling, Seikaly, Billy Owens, etc...).
Old 03-23-2001, 09:55 PM   #3
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Too bad hardaway is damaged goods and hasn't played extended minutes since close to three seasons ago...He was gone for the large part of the start of the season, and then was lost for the rest this year. He's also been arrested for smacking his girlfriend around...Plus, the guy is a jake. He was never around in Orlando when he was hurt, he spent most of his time on golf courses in Houston...
Old 03-24-2001, 10:18 AM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Penny is done. He's a puss, and his body can't take the punishment. He will be lucky to ever play 50 games in a season again. I would never want that whiney bitch on the Mavs.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 11:07 AM   #5
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Oh, yeah, he is kinda whinney isn't he....Him and that damn little penny...
Old 03-24-2001, 11:13 AM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Penny is the man, did anyone see his house on MTV's Cribs?? Pretty sweet.
Old 03-24-2001, 11:17 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, I saw his house. It's got friggin bowling lanes in it. That's awesome.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 01:21 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Lil' Penny says, "Shut up fools! Give my man Penny another chance! He's the next Jordan! Just ask Tyra Banks!"

Old 03-24-2001, 02:07 PM   #9
big_pth
Diamond Member

Too bad having a "nice crib" doesn't translate into being stay of the IR...He's played about as much or less than Gary Trent has in the past two years...
Old 03-24-2001, 03:38 PM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

lil' penny is the man, those ads were so damn funny. i wouldn't mind being on the IR living in a house like that
Old 03-24-2001, 06:09 PM   #11
bigtime11

bigtime11 is on a distinguished road

I do not think it would be a good choice to try and get ahardaway-he is hurt toooooo much!!!!! plus i would rather have findog-if ahard came to the mavs then we would have to lose fin.. leave that one alone....
bigtime11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 11:47 AM   #12
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

the point is we could probobly get him for next to nothing and if and i know its a big if, if he stays healthy his game would be tailor made to this team. A slasher, a gaurd, good defender, good rebounder, exceptional size for his position ... ect. I say we should at least look into it, plus if he performs Cuban has a big fat paycheck waiting for him, tell me thats not motivation.
Old 03-26-2001, 11:52 AM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

just think loy vaught on a much grander scale
Old 03-26-2001, 02:29 PM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I don't care if we could get Penny for $10.00 a year, my thing is why waste the money. You know he's only going to play 15 games a year. He's not willing to play through any pain. If he has a cramp from eating too much he'll be out for 3 weeks. He has all the potential in the world but he gets hurt WAY TOO MUCH and he's not willing to play through any pain when he does get hurt. So why even bother with him, let the Suns worry about him. Leaving him alone is a PENNY saved for us. NO PUN INTENDED
Old 03-26-2001, 02:32 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I agree with you FineCuban... It would be a gamble (depending on how much we gave up for him), but the potential payoff could be staggering... If he could get a little healthy, and reassert even the shadow of his former 1st team All-NBA game, it would be a colossal steal...
Old 03-26-2001, 02:33 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

He's not willing to play through any pain. If he has a cramp from eating too much he'll be out for 3 weeks.

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 03:03 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

LOL... Gastrointestinal pains are nothing to take lightly... It's a tragedy when something like a cheeseburger can force Penny onto the injured reserve...
Old 03-26-2001, 03:09 PM   #18
TheKid
Diamond Member

exactly my sentiments!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 03:23 PM   #19
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

im sure a championship ring and a max. salary to boot is enough of an encouragement, not to mention being pampered in everyway imaginable by the Mavs orginization like all of our players are. Trent has been just as injury plagued as has far less upside than Hardaway, the guy is/was dominate, especially in areas the mavs are not. We need to get all the talent we can without giving up equal value, thats how Portland "the blueprint" Blazers did it. Im going to e-mail cuban and ecurage you all to do the same, if you need any convincing just give me a holla and i'll have you walking away feeling confident this would be one of the best moves we could pull off during the offseason besides getting another big fella Shawn can play back-up for. Oh by the way Polynice is going to murder Bradley tonight.
Old 03-26-2001, 03:26 PM   #20
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Eisly and next years pick. . . after he passes the physical and has personal assured the Mavs orginization he wants to be a major part of a championship team.
Old 03-26-2001, 03:26 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I don't know about "Officer Polynice" murdering Bradley, but I'm also going to e-mail Mr. Cuban... Penny could be a steal...
Old 03-26-2001, 03:28 PM   #22
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

personaly
Old 03-26-2001, 03:28 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Unfortunately, you cannot trade first round draft picks from two consecutive years... It would have to be a future pick...
Old 03-26-2001, 03:30 PM   #24
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Everybody remember to push that little button thingy at the top of you box to vote!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 03:30 PM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

What's Cuban's e-mail address?

However I think you all are WRONG about Penny. We need talent, not salary liabilities!!! That's what Penny is too!
Old 03-26-2001, 03:31 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 04:22 PM   #27
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"He's not willing to play through any pain"

I agree. Didn't Finley play through the entire season last year with the same injury that forced Penny to miss the hole season. Plantar Facyitas(spl?).

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 04:28 PM   #28
TheKid
Diamond Member

That would be correct Rob. The same injury that Shaq only missed two weeks for, Hardaway decided it was to painful to play through.
Old 03-26-2001, 04:33 PM   #29
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

i said it once already, and I'll say it again. Penny is a puss, and we should never want that girl on our team.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 09:40 PM   #30
derek harper

derek harper is on a distinguished road

i thought hardaway was under a long term contract with the suns.
derek harper is offline   Reply With Quote