Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-28-2022, 04:31 PM   #1
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Seriously though, what are the odds of actually managing a sign and trade? What is this Knicks' incentive for doing one?
Responded to you above. But one of their strongest suitors for space just resigned their center to a big extension. Not sure the Clippers will entertain a Nerlens Noel trade now...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Responded to you above. But one of their strongest suitors for space just resigned their center to a big extension. Not sure the Clippers will entertain a Nerlens Noel trade now...
+rep. Thank you. I've read proposed deals where we get back our 2023 pick. That would be fantastic. So fantastic actually that I'm just going to assume it's not a realistic possibility.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:38 PM   #3
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
+rep. Thank you. I've read proposed deals where we get back our 2023 pick. That would be fantastic. So fantastic actually that I'm just going to assume it's not a realistic possibility.
Yep, I'd love to find a way to get Burks and our 2023 1st rounder back, hell any of the 1st they hold would be valuable and satisfy the Sepien rule.

I just have a bad feeling they will find a suitor for Burks and not need the Mavs...thus, eff Brunson.

On the other hand, apparently the Mavs have known the Knicks were the preferred destination for a while, according to Tim Cato. If that's the case, then 1) why tf would they not utilize the TPE and let it expire, and 2) why no engage NYK early on for SNT scenarios to get something back in return?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:40 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
And they kept him for Powell money. I'd lol but it's just sad for us...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:43 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And they kept him for Powell money. I'd lol but it's just sad for us...
Losing Brunson makes me hope that much more that the Mavs trade Powell for ANYTHING instead of keeping him and just letting his deal expire. His expiring contract is like the last tradeable asset we have left.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote