Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-17-2003, 09:07 PM   #1
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone believe the Mavericks haven't screwed up this offseason?

whos going overboard with the late first round pick. This dude is a 4 year college guy with 1 year of finishing school. 6foot6 with a 7'2" wingspan. We cant buy our championship we have to farm it. I think that was a heck of a 1st round pick. I dont think that you should be so "underboard" about it.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:11 PM   #2
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
the mavs have added a late first round draft pick..let's not go overboard with the praise that he's receiving.

and yes, I know the mavs record has gotten better the past four years..however, that has nothing to little to do with the mavs off season moves...It has almost everything to do with the development of Dirk and Steve Nash plus the steady all-star level contributions of fin
Yeah, but we Nash and Dirk came in the off season.

But i do agree, i don't think much was accomplished by signing a late first round pick. Razor, if he is so good, why didn't he get picked by the other 28 options.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:37 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Does anyone believe the Mavericks haven't screwed up this offseason?

one long blue sock...if memory serves me correctly, that was more than 4 years ago. My statement was that the mavs have had poor off seasons the past 4 years..

now, if you'd like to take that a bit further, you can see that I'm saying that "the mavs GM and owner deserve failing grades for their performances the past 4 off seasons
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #4
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Well did they really need to get another player at that moment. They were already tryign to develope to players while keeping the same all star in Fin-dog.

If you were to add another FA in to the mix it would have been much harder to develope both Nash and Dirk.

You don't want to do too much going on, Cuban and Nellie waited awile to trade for Howard, so that Nash and Dirk could creat an identity on this team.

And every single year the Mav's record has gotten better, so that plan DID work.

With the exception of the drafting, last summer, and up till this point in the summer. I have been satisfied with the off seasons.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:05 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

TwoDeep - please fill your empty bag before criticizing other people.

We welcome criticism but we prefer that it's handed out along with logical argument.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:08 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
one long blue sock...if memory serves me correctly, that was more than 4 years ago. My statement was that the mavs have had poor off seasons the past 4 years..

now, if you'd like to take that a bit further, you can see that I'm saying that "the mavs GM and owner deserve failing grades for their performances the past 4 off seasons
reinsert broken record <here>

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 03:02 AM   #7
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Rhylan...perhaps you'd be happier if I joined in with the whoa is me crowd and shut down all intelligent thought.

These same people complained throughout the season that the end was near only for the team to get to the WCF.

Now they look to point a finger when all the team can do is offer a contract and hope the players will sign.

Instead of you repartee, perhaps you'd like to wax poetic about why the team didn't do all they could do.

And why when players opt for other destinations how it is the fault of management which offered legitimate money.

It seems the only ones here are ignoring facts and throwing tamtrums.

Let's see you take your own advice and outline why management failed.

I criticize because this is part and parcel of the standard thinking here. No forwasrd thinking. Just the blame game.

So pony up with where my theory is wrong.

If you can.

By the way, I have read this entire thread and so far there hasn't been anyone that has succeeded.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Does anyone believe the Mavericks haven't screwed up this offseason?

I don't know really think that Cuban and Donnie (because I guarantee you, they have been calling the FA shots recently) have been making a "mockery" of the Mavs this Summer, but in my opinion, they are guilty of making one error in judgement- going after Mourning instead of Malone.

I don't care what Dwight Manley and Malone are telling the LA Times this week about how the Lake Show was their only possible destination. The fact remains that Malone made a clear remark to Eddie Sefko of the DMN indicating that Dallas was near the top of a very short list of teams he would like to play for, Malone has speculated for years about the possibility of playing for Dallas, and on July 2, Malone appeared to be angered by Cuban't recruitment trip to Miami, as he ranted to the Deseret news about being insulted by some teams looking at him as a tenth option...

I don't fault Cuban for losing out on sh*t tub Olowokandi; I don't fault Cuban for not making an ambitious sign-and-trade for Kidd work; I don't fault Cuban for failing to get guys who would demand more salary than we could offer like Rasho (spare), PJ, or Miller... But I will go to the grave believing that if we had pulled out the "Cuban Treatment" for Big Karl on July 1, we might have netted the hall-of-famer for nothing...

I will not condemn the Nelson's or Cuban choice to pursue the failing kidney's of Mourning as being some kind of "mockery", but I do believe that they, and we will all ultimately regret that ill-made decision...
Old 07-18-2003, 03:43 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KG...first, spare me your preaching on the protocol of posting on this board. I find you to sermonize on one hand and then do the opposite in your commentary. So give it a rest, bucko.
Protocol? This isn't about protocol. It's about proclaiming yourself to be the only rational, intelligent poster on this message board because people don't agree with you.

Also, "bucko"? Where'd that come from? 1955?

Quote:
Further, you and your ilk are reactionaries.
My ilk? Do you mean "my kind"? One of "you people"? Sheesh.

Quote:
You did it all year crying about the play-offs during the regular season.
Yep, I was bawling virtually throughout.

Quote:
Then when they arrived, you chewed fingernails and griped everytime anything happened that wasn't a Mavs victory. Yet they went further than you thought they would. And all that hand wringing in the regular season was for naught.
Actually, I've never chewed my fingernails. I don't have that particular bad habit.

The Mavs went further than everyone (including you) thought they would. But even as they did, we all realized that they would need to improve to get that far again. And yet, somehow, that makes me a reactionary. The fact that I would actually want them and expect them to improve in the offseason. Shame on me.

Quote:
So is this off-season reaction. Your thought and analysis still ends up only representing the negative side to every argument. Seldom do you not lockstep with the others and come to the worst case scenario, then look for someone to blame. The posting of your foolish pole should be enough evidence.
While I disagree that I "always" represent the negative side to every argument, and I definitely disagree that I "lockstep" with anyone else, at least I utilize thought and analysis. I actually talk about why my opinions are what they are. You very seldom offer any support for your disagreement. Just disagreement.

I support my arguments. Try supporting yours.

Quote:
Oh my Gosh, Nesterovic went to the Spurs! Well there's a dynasty in progress.
You said the Spurs didn't get any free agents. I was simply pointing out that they did. And if you don't think the Mavericks would have signed Nesterovic for the MLE, you're mistaken.

Also, I wouldn't really be making fun of the Spurs. They are the champs, after all.

Quote:
Apparently you didn't read the article posted here that stated flat out LA was the only destination Malone was interested in.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/forums/me...threadid=10756

Here's the thread. Enjoy. It surely knocks the crap out of your theory. It was about a contender. It was about Kobe and Shaq. It was about Hollywood and a ring. It was not about money. And not about Dallas, Texas.
I read it. I also read various articles from before free agency began where Malone stated his desire to play in Dallas. As MFFL pointed out in the thread you cite to, what do you expect Malone to say now? That he's bummed about being in LA, because he would have preferred to be in Dallas? Surely you're not that naive. That article proves nothing, except that Malone knows all the right things to say.

Quote:
Mark Cuban was interviewed on The Ticket in Dallas and stated flat out Mouring's agent said he was coming to the Mavs. Cuban immediately started working on getting Kidd. Zo called Cuban later and informed him he was signing with NJ.

So pardon me if I take Cuban's word over yours.
In the interview that I heard about, Cuban stated that when Zo's agent called him (last Thursday), he thought they were going to talk about exploring sign and trade possibilities to ALSO get Kidd to Dallas.

Here's the link. link

I took that to mean that Cuban was going to start exploring those possibilities. Perhaps I was wrong.

Quote:
Your being insulted made me laugh. As insulting as you have been to me because I don't agree with you. Well, Mr. Thin Skin, my suggestion is if the water is too hot then don't take a bath.
Spare me the tired cliches and machismo.

Quote:
Further the ramifications are pretty much out there for those that will look. I didn't corner the market on understanding, but if you would just raise your head out of the sand for a moment and take the wind direction, it's simple to see where the FA's are headed. They have been for years. Why should a 60 win season change this?
Try a new argument. I refuted that one a couple of posts ago.

Quote:
That sure contradicts what his agent says. So who would know Malone better. Now hit me with some of the Murphy-logic that you understand Malone's intentions better than his agent.
See above. If you want to hang your hat on that one article, fine by me.

Quote:
I am telling you that no results but getting the players you wanted would have been considered a good plan. If they fail, because of reasons beyond their control, then the plan is bad in your eyes. Results oriented complaints are pretty fickle.
Dude, do you even read? My two main complaints were that a) they didn't make an offer to Malone, and b) that they didn't make an offer to Kandi. I didn't say a) they didn't acquire Malone and b) they didn't acquire Kandi. I think the plan was bad because they didn't give themselves a chance to fail for "reasons beyond their control". If I truly believed that were the case, I wouldn't have any complaints.

Also, it's ironic that a guy whose defense of the team is entirely results-oriented would accuse me of having a results-oriented complaint.

Quote:
This is where the, "walk a mile in their shoes" thing comes in. You have not the first clue what they truly did. But you post as if you are on the inside.
Yes, I do have a clue as to what they did. They said what they did.

Cuban just said that Zo through his agent had committed to the Mavs, so they had no back up plan. They told Malone and others that they had spent their MLE. link

So apparently, Malone's agent contacted Dallas (why he'd do that, I don't know, since you say the only place he ever wanted to go was LA), and Cuban said, "Sorry, Dwight, I'd love to help ya out, but my money's all gone." I didn't say it. Cuban did. To quote you, pardon me if I take his word over yours.

Quote:
Since you didn't seem to understand the Lakers were Malone's only choice, as stated by his agent, then I'd say your not getting this is understandable.
The article you cite doesn't even mention "Hollywood". At least get your facts straight if you're going to throw lame insults my way.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The likelihood of a S&T for Kidd was much lower than simply pursuing guys who could have been impact FAs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again your assumptions are contrary to what the facts are. Therefore, you are miscalculating the true temperament of the Free Agent market.
Oh, really? So a Kidd S&T was more likely than simply pursuing FAs? Is that what the facts show? What facts?

Quote:

Right. They could only make the offer. But they didn't make it to Malone or Olowokandi.

Malone was not going to come here.
Nice conclusion on your part, no doubt supported only by that same self-serving article.

There is plenty of evidence that Malone wanted to come to Dallas. You can ignore it if you choose, or if it's convenient for you.

Quote:
Kandiman is an improvement how? Wasn't he sitting on the bench in the waning days of the season? Isn't he just a little older than dirt? But a few days younger than Malone.
Kandi's an improvement because he's a legitimate center who can score in the low post, rebound, and defend the post. Cuban's bitter comments about Kandi's agent make it pretty clear he would have liked to add Kandi. Too bad he didn't make an offer.

Kandi was sitting on the bench because the Clippers knew he wasn't coming back, and they wanted to spend their minutes on someone that might still be on the roster next year. That's pretty well-known fact.

Kandi just turned 28 in April. Yeah, he's pretty much ancient.

Quote:
So the answer to this off season was to hire the oldest guys in free agency. Thank the Lord in Heaven you are not the GM of this club.
Again, if you're going to throw lame insults at me, at least get your facts straight. Olowokandi is 28, about the age when big guys just start to hit their prime.

Also, there is no debate that Malone would have helped this team -- only whether he wanted to come here.

Quote:
Here's a quote from the article.

Some teams proposed sign-and-trade deals that could have netted Malone much more than the $1.5 million he'll take from the Lakers. Manley said he passed on "well over $10 million" after making $19.3 million last season.

So money didn't lure him. He wanted to go to LA.
I agree that money wasn't his consideration. But that doesn't prove that he didn't want to go to Dallas.

Quote:
Then this little diddy.

It never distorted the reality, which is that the Lakers had been Malone's No. 1 choice the moment he decided to cut ties with Utah, his home for 18 years.
Same article, same self-serving comments.

Quote:
So it wasn't money and his #1 priority was LA. Hello, is this sinking in yet? He didn't want money and wanted to go to LA. He has an offer that was 8.5 million more than he is receiving in LA but chose LA. Is this even denting that hard head of yours?
Same article, same self-serving comments, same lame insults from you.

Malone was NOT going to say he wanted to go to Dallas AFTER he signed with LA. Is that concept denting that hard head of yours?

Quote:
That sums it up pretty distinctly. He was not coming here and all the tears in the world will not change that fact. Neither will your blame game.
I haven't shed any tears, and you haven't proven anything, except that you're a bit naive with respect to public relations in sports.

Blame no one if you choose. That's your right. I blame the Mavericks only for not doing what they could have done.

Quote:
But you will twist this as you like because you can't open your mind, like so many others on this board, to the fact that Dallas is not a free agent destination.
It's not about opening my mind. It's about what Malone said, and about what the Mavericks didn't do.

You can't fault someone for trying but failing because of things beyond their control. But you can fault someone for not trying everything within their control.

Old 07-18-2003, 05:21 PM   #10
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

KG... you spew so much bilge, this will take a while. But point-for-point is what you want, then so be it.

Quote:
Typically, it's because I tell someone why I disagree with them rather than just throwing condescending blanket statements out there about how the "sky is falling" and how they are "reactionary". To your credit, however, you did explain your position on why you think the Mavericks have done okay this offseason fairly well, even if I disagree completely with you (as illustrated by my post above). It's the little sniping comments that you make on a fairly regular basis that detract from your credibility when you actually do decide to talk basketball.
Now let's review the little snipping remarks throughout this thread when all I mentioned was I thought it inappropriate to point fingers in my first comments. When you comment on both sides of the coin, then I'll take your advice. Until then, kiss my ass. Comprende?

Quote:
Aw, come on, man. Don't you have a sense of humor? Your comments are biting and derisive most of the time. That was at least humorous.
Yes, I have a great one. But this was a belittlement for those that don't agree. Say something funny and I will laugh. Post bullshite to humiliate and I take umbrage. Or should we revist your little snippy comment about you being insulted?

Quote:
Angst has replaced hubris as your overused "intelligent sounding" word.
This is an example of you not having anything to say, so you insult. When you decide to debate, give me a ring. Unless your angst interferes with your normal hubris.

Quote:
You are COMPLETELY mischaracterizing Doc's, Murphy's, and my posts on this board.
Excuse me your worship but you and the rest of your clan spent the better part of the season bitching about the play-offs and how ill-prepared the Mavs would be because they wasted the off season not getting the big man. The regular season means nothing. It's only the play-offs that have meaning. Well, bucko, you got your pussy popped on that little deal, and have yet to my knowledge made mention that you were absolutely wrong. Neither has any of the other guys. Except Murphy hinted at it in a post.

Now here we are just a short time removed from the best results in club history over the last decade or better, and you are at your old whine-a-palooza about who is truly at fault.

Don't lecture me when your words are screwing you. Dance as you like, the temperament on this board is whine first ask questions later. You are one of the ring leaders.

By the way bright boy, I do comment why. And then comes the Kevin Bacon insult because I don't share your myopic view of things.

I have been stating for quite some time the big man won't come here. But you don't listen.

Quote:
Many of us are more familiar with the team than most professional sports writers, and we enjoy discussing and analyzing what the team does and how it performs.
Bullshite. You can no more prove this statement than a pig can sprout wings and fly. But you will defend this ridiculous remark to the death because if you actually have to acknowledge that you only have a small sliver of real info, then all you analysing will draw flies in a pasture.

Quote:
Again, I won't speak for anyone else, but I've never gotten my "hackles up" when asked to defend something I say. I simply defend it.
You're doing it right now. Your previous paragraph is not only a weak defense, but you getting angry because I have the temerity to tell you you don't know as much as you think you do.

Quote:
I've known Murph for a good while, and I've seen him say that.
Then if you agree, why reply?

Quote:
He's telling you to make a point, not bitch, pal
I did make a point in my first post, pal. Let me know when reading comprehension becomes one of my buzz words like hubris and angst. You will see it frequently if this is the type of response you intend to offer.

Quote:
You don't have "real inside information" either.
Hence, my not standing in this room screaming I have more knowledge than the team or anyone else. If you would actually get an adult to read my posts to you, then explain same, you might find that I am making a pretty good point. I don't get into the blame game because I don't know all the facts. Neither does anyone else here. So your little aside, which by the way was lame, is not really appropo, now is it?

Quote:
The reason you are "unpopular" is because you thrive on being the minority opinion, the antagonist point of view.
Bingo! I won't kiss the ring of the angry young men on this board and agree that this thing is eroding. So when I have stated I don't agree, I get ridiculed. Just like others that don't agree. You want a room full of Aryans, from Daryan that all yell in unison, the management screwed this. Cuban is an idiot. Nellie is an idiot. They don't play the right game here and only I know it.

Sorry sport. I won't do that. There isn't one swinging penis on this board that could manage this team in a blow-out game. Much less coordinate them to 60 wins. You can yell all you want, but that is the steaming matter that falls from a bull's butt if you or anyone else thinks they can do a better job.

And I will never agree with that crap or you. If you don't like it, see above. KMA.

Quote:
Man, if you don't like it here, the solution is really simple.
You've got the power. Make me. Because your lame assed arguments certainly don't, how did MFFL put it, rip me to shreds. You have yet to score a point.

I like it here. I find you and your bretheren a fun past time. Deal with it.

Quote:
Here, you prove my point. You view yourself as a "voice of the opposition". You give yourself far too much credit.
In light of your minority opinion comment, I find this laughable. You can't even keep up with your own argument. Geez.

Quote:
Protocol? This isn't about protocol. It's about proclaiming yourself to be the only rational, intelligent poster on this message board because people don't agree with you.
Offer up one post where I said I had the inside track on knowledge or rational, intellegent thought. Because I say you don't doesn't mean I think I do. Here's that phrase again...reading comprehension.

By the way, when you suggest you don't belittle people, your retort about bucko sure does wear the clothing of ridicule.

Quote:
Yep, I was bawling virtually throughout.
Care to venture a guess how many times you posted a negative comment on small ball?

Now please detail how many NBA games you have coached and won. We won't even ask you to list the play-off games, which after all are the only true games anyway.

Quote:
But even as they did, we all realized that they would need to improve to get that far again.
Would you post your psychic hotline number. I'm sure there are others besides me that would like answers about tomorrows results before they take place. Got the lottery numbers on Saturday? How about the winners in tomorrow's trifecta at Lone Star Park?

Quote:
You very seldom offer any support for your disagreement. Just disagreement.
Say it with me...R-e-a-d-i-n-g c-o-m-p-r-e-h-e-n-s-i-o-n.

Quote:
Also, I wouldn't really be making fun of the Spurs. They are the champs, after all.
And yet you completely ignored the point. Because you couldn't really acknowledge it because it crushed one of your points later in your comments. The friggin Spurs had money and didn't get O'Neal, Malone, Kidd, Mourning, Olowokandi. Why? Because they want to go to the larger markets and will....get this...take less money to do so.

But that would actually mean you would have to nod your head and at least entertain the idea that it might not be Dallas but the players wanting to go to other teams.

"What a f*cking nightmare," as Marisa Tomei once said.

Quote:
I also read various articles from before free agency began where Malone stated his desire to play in Dallas. As MFFL pointed out in the thread you cite to, what do you expect Malone to say now?
The fact that he took millions less says it all. Nothing you can or may retort changes the fact that he signed with LA for less money than other places. That speaks volumes. He wanted to play in LA where his cance to get a ring is increased because of Shaq and Kobe.

By the way, perhaps you should go back to the days leading up to Shaq signing with LA and read why he went there. Ah...Hollywood...

Quote:
Perhaps I was wrong.
Perhaps you were.

Quote:
Spare me the tired cliches and machismo
Get your panties our of your *bleep*.

Quote:
Try a new argument. I refuted that one a couple of posts ago.
Sorry sweetheart, you have yet to make a point here. The facts are we built it, (AAC) with new dressing rooms and a private jet and all the food you can eat and max money, and they didn't come.

Any refuting you need to do starts with explaining why they didn't. Just because you think it's the teams fault after all the above, is really something you should take up while on the couch with Dr. Epstein. He'll scribble, you'll spew, and in the end he'll write a nice perscription for you that will make it all go away.

Or perhaps your third grade teacher who seemed to skip past reading comprehension should be held accountable..

Quote:
Cuban just said that Zo through his agent had committed to the Mavs, so they had no back up plan. They told Malone and others that they had spent their MLE
Malone was NEVER...now get this...write it down...NEVER coming to Dallas. He took far less to be with the Lakers. He turned down money Dallas couldn't even offer.

Get that straight or we don't discuss this until you do.

He was never coming to Dallas.

Quote:
Oh, really? So a Kidd S&T was more likely than simply pursuing FAs? Is that what the facts show? What facts?
Kidd, Mourning, Malone, O'Neal were not coming to Dallas. They pursued Mourning and had a verbal committment by his agent. Wow, hot news flash. K_G Verteran thinks taking an agents word is making an error on the part of a GM. Gee, those lying bastid agents. Cuban started working on Kidd and Mourning nixed the deal. If they told Malone they had the MLE and didn't, what would the league do if Malone then told the Lakers no thanks? And what do you think Malone would have done legally? I think it's spelled litigate.

As I stated, you truly don't have the free agent market sized up very well and your repeated whines about Malone and Kandi tell the tale.

Quote:
There is plenty of evidence that Malone wanted to come to Dallas.
You may now feel free to stop typing this nonesense. He turned down 10's of millions of dollars to play for LA and 1.5 million. Anything else you say ignores this fact. And that Dallas couldn't offer this.

Your articles before the FA market opened is meaningless when his actions speak far louder than his words pre-fre agency.

Malone wants a ring. Shaq and Kobe give him the best possibility. His taking less money, and significantly less indicate that was his primary choice.

You can put this to rest now. You have no point.

Quote:
Kandi was sitting on the bench because the Clippers knew he wasn't coming back
Forgive me this slight faux pas here but...Please tell me your irrefutable source that states this. Your conjecture doesn't make it fact. It makes it hubr...nope, not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent...

By the way, that last part is humor. Not pictures of Kevin Bacon.

Quote:
But that doesn't prove that he didn't want to go to Dallas.
Yes it does. You won't accept it because you have this vision it must be Cuban's fault.

We rejected Malone for Detlef Schrempf. He just returned the favor.

However, I am a big enough man to admit I was wrong about Kandi's age. He is not aged. He is not a Mav either.

Quote:
Same article, same self-serving comments.
Self-serving because they kick the dog shite out of your complaint. You have no bitch. Malone was not coming here. He was going to LA all along.

Quote:
Malone was NOT going to say he wanted to go to Dallas AFTER he signed with LA.
Malone took less money. What do you not get about that? That says what his intentions were. If he wanted more money, or to play with another team, he would have done so.

It was not about money. It was about Los Angeles!!! Lakers!!! Championships!!!

And perhaps eclipsing Abdul-Jabbars record in his house. But that is a mere guess on my part.

Quote:
haven't shed any tears, and you haven't proven anything, except that you're a bit naive with respect to public relations in sports.
1. Naive means I don't understand. I understand perfectly. This kills your argument so you must defend this point to death.

2. So should we add public relations to your list of job titles you have a complete knowledge of? My, how do you get time to post here. You must be a busy man.

Quote:
It's not about opening my mind. It's about what Malone said, and about what the Mavericks didn't do.
It's about what Malone wanted and the Mavericks couldn't do. And a point-of-contention so you can continued to gripe and paint yourself an expert who makes scintilating and accurate analysis on the team you have no inside sources to and only gather your information on websites and from journalists.

School's out............................................... .................................................. .............bucko!
Old 07-18-2003, 06:24 PM   #11
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

When you come down to it, then the only real question is whether the Mavs should have gone after Mourning or Malone.

I think they did the right thing in going after Mourning for two reasons:

1) I think Malone is at the end of the line--and I think it will show up next year; and
2) The Mavs need a Center, not another power forward--they already have Dirk and Raef.

It didn't work because oral commitments are worth the paper they're written on. Mourning wasn't standup on the deal and Malone was and went to the Lakers.

I don't even know if it will matter--Mourning may end up not even playing and Malone may be washed up.

But the Mavs need a 5 and a 3. Not more 4s.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #12
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
When you come down to it, then the only real question is whether the Mavs should have gone after Mourning or Malone.

I think they did the right thing in going after Mourning for two reasons:

1) I think Malone is at the end of the line--and I think it will show up next year; and
2) The Mavs need a Center, not another power forward--they already have Dirk and Raef.

It didn't work because oral commitments are worth the paper they're written on. Mourning wasn't standup on the deal and Malone was and went to the Lakers.

I don't even know if it will matter--Mourning may end up not even playing and Malone may be washed up.

But the Mavs need a 5 and a 3. Not more 4s.
Those arn't reasons why they should have gone after Mourning, they're reasons that they didn't go for Malone.

I don't understand why they wasted their time going after a health case when they could have been going for a younger center, like Kandi. Mourning has been on a 2 year break, the guy probably can't even play anymore.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TwoDeep3
Get your panties our of your ass crack.
I just wanted to highlight this comment. I'll be sending it to the moderators as well.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 07:42 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it a rest TwoDeep. Not needed.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:30 PM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
I don't care what Dwight Manley and Malone are telling the LA Times this week about how the Lake Show was their only possible destination. The fact remains that Malone made a clear remark to Eddie Sefko of the DMN indicating that Dallas was near the top of a very short list of teams he would like to play for, Malone has speculated for years about the possibility of playing for Dallas, and on July 2, Malone appeared to be angered by Cuban't recruitment trip to Miami, as he ranted to the Deseret news about being insulted by some teams looking at him as a tenth option...
Interesting. Evidence.

Quote:
I will not condemn the Nelson's or Cuban choice to pursue the failing kidney's of Mourning as being some kind of "mockery", but I do believe that they, and we will all ultimately regret that ill-made decision...
Just so that it's clear, I don't think that the choice to pursue Mourning was a mockery. I think that Cuban playing GM makes a mockery of the Mavs front office. Nelson is supposed to be the GM. He's supposed to do the recruiting and free agent negotiation.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:10 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Geez... This point-by-point-by-point-by-point style of debate is giving me a headache...