Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2023, 01:19 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
I prefer Javale as he disrupts so much. Why can?t the Mavs play him and Wood together as 4 and 5? I think Luka, Kyrie, Josh or Bullock, Wood and Javale should start. Maxi replaces Javale when he?s healthy as he can hit threes too. People complain too much about Wood. I think the guy is terrific.
Javale/Wood has failed so much we may not see it again. McGee is slow to rotate at his age and misses defensive assignments-- it's why he was unplayable in the playoffs last year for the Suns. If Wood wasn't a flamethrower offensively, he wouldn't get minutes for the same reason-- lack of lateral quickness, poor defensive decision-making, etc. Together, they could score and rebound (if there were misses to secure), but we would be lucky to get a single stop.

Kleber really appears to be the key to it all. Lineups with Kleber/Wood defended and rebounded well while seeing the benefit of Wood's defense. Sadly, it's the only 4/5 combo that worked with Wood because of how limited Powell and McGee are an how deficient Wood is at anchoring a defense/rebounding at a good enough level to play C.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote