Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-01-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Me and a friend are having a dispute. I want to post a rap by a very popular rapper. I want some reactions on if it's good or not.

Hand me an ape
Beem me off and land me in space
I want to sit on top of the world, and spit on Brandy and Mase
I'm more than ill
scarier than a white person trapped in a room in Lauren Hill
A human horror film
But with a lot funnier plot
And people will feel me b/c i'm a still be the mad rapper whether i got money or not
As long as i'm on pills, then i got plenty of pot
I be in a canoe battlin, makin fun of your yacht
But I would like an award
For the best rapper to get one mic in the source
And a wardrobe i can afford
And you wonder why i need more vicatin for
Everybody's pissing me off
Even the no-limit tank looks like a middle finger sideways flippin me off
And you wonder why i'm a great danger to my health
Why else would i kill you, jump in the grave and bury myself

I hope this doesn't offend anybody. I apologize if it does.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

It offends me...but then again all rap does [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 11:43 PM   #3
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

not really offended, struggling to find why is was posted though...

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:16 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

i wanted to see how the rap fans on the board likes it or not.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-02-2002, 12:22 AM   #5
veruca salt
Platinum Member

well the lyrics are a bit...well crap.
and i don't hate rap.
not my 1st choice, but i don't hate it.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-02-2002, 12:22 AM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I said this once in a completely unrelated thread a long time ago.. that I don't understand the concept of offensiveness because I've never felt offended. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm weird.

Would I listen to it? Depends on who it is, the beat, and how it flows.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

It's one of Eminem's Freestyles

~The Salesman
Old 10-02-2002, 12:39 AM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

what's offensive is all a state of mind, i don't get offended by much, but to say something is or isn't offensive is a purely personal thing.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-02-2002, 07:13 PM   #9
mavsgirl

mavsgirl is on a distinguished road

When I first started reading it, I know it was Emenim. I love emenims songs But sometimes he gets out of control with what he says.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:26 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Im a rap fan and its my first choice of music. I really cant stand EMinem. But no matter how much I dont liek him I got to give it up to him he makes good music. He is a great lyricist and probaly the best in the game right now. Only if he could stop talkin about his moms and killin her. I wanna se ehow he does battlin a real rapper like a DMX or a Jayz. All he does is go after Britney and them other pop kids.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:41 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Rap is missing the "C" in front the word.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:01 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

<< I wanna se ehow he does battlin a real rapper like a DMX or a Jayz. All he does is go after Britney and them other pop kids. >>

He has went after Jay-z, Nas, and Ludicras when he freestyles.

I admit, I use to moderately like him. But when i heard his freestyles over the net, I can't get enough of him.

~The Salesman
Old 10-02-2002, 10:10 PM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Eminem probably has the most mental capacity of any rapper since 'Pac. He amazes me sometimes.

But his antics piss me off. He's all about being street and stuff, but I go to Wal-Mart and he's on the cover of all the teeny magazines, trying to look all cute. If that's what he wants to do, that's cool, but then he turns around and disses all the pop stars. It's hypocritical.

That being said, I think that his performance in &quot;8-mile&quot; might end up being pretty good. The movie might turn out to be a Purple Rain type thing for him.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #14
Nash13
Diamond Member

<< The movie might turn out to be a Purple Rain type thing for him. >>

That's a stroke of genius.

~The Salesman
Old 10-02-2002, 11:57 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I wasnt born when Purple Rain came out atleast I dont think but I got to see it on Black Starz one nite and I think its a good comparison. How did purple rain fair out in the movie theatres? The thing about 8 mile tho is Em has a nice supportin cast with Kim Basinger Brittany Murphy and Mekhi Pffier so it should be a good movie. I seriously doubt Em has took shots at Jayz becuze matter of fact Jayz is on the 8 mile soudntrack adn they also collaborated on Renegade on Jayz cd which I must add Eminem outshined Jay on that one. Same thing goes for Nas he is also on the 8 mile soundtrack so I doubt the same for that. Nelly also has a movie comin out called Snipes which is more fictional then this and Ludacris is in Fast and the Furious 3 along with Ja Rule so rappers are getting alot of actin these days not to mention all the movies DMX and Eve have been in.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2002, 12:23 AM   #16
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< Eminem probably has the most mental capacity of any rapper since 'Pac. He amazes me sometimes. >>

I agree, that rhyme you posted Nash is awesome. I like it. My favourite eminem song is &quot;Renegade&quot; with Jay-z even though the Jay-Z parts suck.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:15 AM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< Eminem probably has the most mental capacity of any rapper since 'Pac. He amazes me sometimes. >>

I agree, that rhyme you posted Nash is awesome. I like it. My favourite eminem song is &quot;Renegade&quot; with Jay-z even though the Jay-Z parts suck.
>>

Tha dumb part of Jayz is that he let it get leaked out to radio and everyone knew then Eminem outshined him on it. Im lookin in the booklet oF Jayz cd the blueprint and I didnt know EMinem produced it. He aslo produced the song Cleanin out My closet. I Think Em might go another step pac never did. Still tho the 2 illest of all time are Biggie and Pac adn I dont think anyone will ever come close to them

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2002, 09:36 AM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i love pac.

but i think eminem is just a phase. i dont know what all the hype is about concerning him, but i got to admit some of his lyrics are pretty catchy. pac is a lyrical genius and he was able to tell such a social commentary, most of the time he was making a political statement.

just amazing stuff.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 10:21 AM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

FFM --

Purple Rain was actually a hit in theatres, grossed almost $50 million, which was pretty good back in '84. It also didn't have any experienced actors in the cast whatsoever except for Clarence Williams III, who played Prince's dad. Everybody else in the movie was a musician or some kind of Minneapolis personality (club owner Billy Sparks, for example). Morris Day was the best performer in the whole movie. Wha-haaaa!

So 8-mile might do really well. Or.. it might show Em's acting weaknesses since he'll be opposite established actors.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:43 AM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< FFM --

Purple Rain was actually a hit in theatres, grossed almost $50 million, which was pretty good back in '84. It also didn't have any experienced actors in the cast whatsoever except for Clarence Williams III, who played Prince's dad. Everybody else in the movie was a musician or some kind of Minneapolis personality (club owner Billy Sparks, for example). Morris Day was the best performer in the whole movie. Wha-haaaa!

So 8-mile might do really well. Or.. it might show Em's acting weaknesses since he'll be opposite established actors.
>>

HAha good ol Morris Day matter of fact he was here I Think for July 4th was it? I think this movie i sgonna end up bein better than purple rain but in some of the clips ive seen of 8 mile Em looks like he can actually act.

aexchange, u said it best he had commentary and was pretty much a newspaper. He told more in his cds then the newspapers ever told. My fav song of all time by Pac is brendas got a baby tho his latest cd is a nice album too I almost slept on it and thought everyone did but didnt realize it was 3x platinum.

1996-2005
Old 10-03-2002, 10:56 AM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Yep, MD and the Time were in Garland on July 6th, and I had to go to Abilene to be in a damn wedding. I was pissed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 01:12 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Jungle Love....

Morris Day was great in Purple Rain. I saw it in the theater. Great movie.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #23
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I think Morris coulda really been a talented comedic actor -- and STILL could, except he's probably in his mid 40's now. But I think he had a few years where he was a little too into cocaine before he cleaned up. Seems like he had small parts in a couple movies (and a few recent ones as himself). One of the most underrated entertainers of our generation, IMO. Given the opportunity, he could singlehandedly change our culture of disaffectedness to a culture of C-O-O-L. Ye-es! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]