Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official NBA Lottery watch thread

It would be interesting if memphis and boston don't get the 1st/2nd picks.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

We just need to root for the Haws to make the top 3.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping for..

Portland #1 pick (could you imagine if they matched up durant or oden with aldridge/roy/that spanish pointguard? what an amazing young team that would be)
Don't care who is number 2... maybe Clips cause I'm moving near LA soon.
Atlanta #3
Old 05-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Pretty much.

Please god please...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, we really need the Hawks to get top 3.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I can pretty much guarantee that the Hawks will not be number 3. Because I want it.... so it won't happen.

I'll try real hard to convince whomever monitors my thoughts and makes the opposite happen to believe that I WANT the Hawks to get in the top 3, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just played the lottery game 13 times in a row on espn.com, and Atlanta pulled a top 3 pick 6 times.

Not too shabby.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-22-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #8
fluid.forty.one

Atlanta got the top 3 3 times out of 4 for me. I quit while I was ahead.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm rooting for the hawks to move into the top three and the grizz to move out of the top two -- I'd rather not see a division foe have Gasol and Durant/Oden in the same front court.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Quote:
Pretty much.

Please god please...

..and all of God's people said Amen.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #11
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

I think Spurs fans and Mav fans can agree on this one. We want the Hawks in the top 2 where they take Oden or Durant and then proceed to win 50+ games next year.

Memphis getting bumped out of the top 2 would also be nice since one of the big two would have the Grizzlies in prime condition to rebound quickly and make an already tough division even tougher.

And just on general principal, Boston needs to finish #3 just because there's something that just seems so right about the luck of the Irish failing the Celtics with Oden ten years after failing them with Duncan.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #12
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
i'm rooting for the hawks to move into the top three and the grizz to move out of the top two -- I'd rather not see a division foe have Gasol and Durant/Oden in the same front court.
Not gonna lie, I'm dying for the Grizz to get the #1 so I can see a Gasol Oden frontcourt. Add Rudy Gay to that and that team could be damn scary.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #13
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

In case anyone wants to go math geek, the Hawks have a 37.8% chance of moving into the top 3.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #14
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
In case anyone wants to go math geek, the Hawks have a 37.8% chance of moving into the top 3.
The probability of them getting top 3 is pretty complex since the odds change so much after every pick.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #15
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Go Hawks!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #16
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

HELL YES!!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #17
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

is this good news (hawks/suns)?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #18
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

wow that was unexpected WOOOOO ATLANTA good job luck.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #19
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Yeah... ATL in the top 3!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #20
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Wow....Memphis and Boston got screwed. Looks like the Sonics could very well stay in Seattle if they get a top 2 pick. Thankfully, the Suns don't get a lottery pick this year.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #21
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

this is good news. No memphis or phoenix. HAHA poor Boston, again.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #22
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

what does that mean for phoenix?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #23
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well, there you go. The three teams with the worst records are out of the top 3.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess, 1.seattle 2. portland 3. atlanta
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
It means they get next year's pick.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #26
Windmill360
Diamond Member

it means phoenix doesnt get that pick. They still have two other first rounders though.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They have Atlanta's #1 next year.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #28
V2M
Diamond Member

POR and SEA are the other two in the top 3...
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Interestingly enough, the two biggest tanking teams, Mil and Boston, came up dry, and Boston got it's worst possible scenario.

Karma baby, karma.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #30
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
The might have to dismantle a lot of that team...and they won't have a rookie contract stud to keep their high level of play up.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #31
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Well, there you go. The three teams with the worst records are out of the top 3.
Boston and Milwaukee got what they deserved.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #32
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Man, those poor Boston and Memphis fans. Sucks to be you right now, Bill Simmons.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

COME ON PORTLAND

hahaha dang portland might make the playoffs next year.

imagine Aldridge/Oden at the 4/5

heck, imagine roy and aldridge and durant teamin gup

COME ON 1 OR 2
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Boston and Milwaukee got what they deserved.
Haha, we had teh same thought, I was just a little late.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #35
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Wow. Portland's gonna rock before too long.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #36
V2M
Diamond Member

POR #1
SEA #2
ATL #3
Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #37
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

NBA basketball in the Pacific Northwest just got a lot more talented.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #38
Josh

Josh is on a distinguished road

Geez, Oden & Durant both to the West.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

woooowww

and I'm about to move away from the portland area
Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #40
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Geez, Oden & Durant both to the West.
East won't be better any time soon. Portland is gonna be a dynasty if they don't screw up.