Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #161
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't help that our star players can't help in the wine and dine process if we really needed them. They can obviously talk to them, but being right there with them is probably hard to do. Its impossible for Dirk, and I'm sure it's somewhat hard for Kidd to do. It's no fault of their own, they've got very good reasons not to be involved.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #162
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ This is what worries me about his relationship with Kobe.

They are best buds and Kobe can just give him a call or visit his house/family, and that's that.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #163
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

no whammies, no whammies......
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #164
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Are the richest getting richest-er?

Quote:
Maggette gets offer from Boston

link

Clippers free agent forward Corey Maggette said he is seriously considering an offer to join the NBA champions.

Maggette said he is still in awe about being contacted by the Celtics and has been mulling over their contract offer as well as interest from several other teams.

An NBA source said the Celtics offered Magette the full midlevel exception, expected to be worth $5.8 million.

The Celtics have made offers to their own forward, James Posey, and Maggette, but it's doubtful they can accommodate both. While there is no news regarding Posey, Maggette said he could be coming to Boston in the near future to visit with the Celtics. Free agents can't sign until Wednesday.

"I don't want to hold the Celtics up or [general manager] Danny Ainge," said Maggette in a telephone interview. "I talked to Doc . . . I'm not going to hold them up. I know they are still looking at James Posey. But I'm still weighing my options."

Maggette averaged a team-best 22.1 points as well as 5.6 rebounds for the Clippers last season. The 6-foot-6-inch, 228-pounder played for Rivers in Orlando during the 1999-2000 season.

Maggette said Rivers, his fellow Chicago native, called Wednesday.

"We shot the breeze," said Maggette. "He asked about my family. My mom went to the same high school [as Rivers]. My family has known his family for a long time. I'm very comfortable with him."

Even with Maggette's scoring ability, he would be expected to come off the bench with Boston behind All-Star wing players Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. Maggette said he would have no problems with a reserve role.

"I don't mind," he said. "If you want to win, you have to make sacrifices. With their caliber of players, that's what you have to do.

"Going to a championship team would be exciting to me. Going to a team that can win and has tradition is exciting."

The Clippers aren't expected to re-sign Maggette after they landed free agent guard Baron Davis Tuesday with a five-year, $65 million contract. But if Golden State gets Clippers free agent forward Elton Brand, the Clippers could have a change of heart regarding Maggette. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is a big fan of Maggette. Other teams interested in Maggette include the Spurs, 76ers, Warriors, Hornets, Magic, Jazz, and Cavaliers.

As for the Clippers' situation, Maggette said, "I'll know soon. If not, that's the nature of the business and I'll move on. If not, I'll definitely want to call to thank [Clippers] coach Mike Dunleavy and [GM] Elgin Baylor and let them know I appreciated my eight years there."

Maggette was a teammate of Celtics free agent guard Sam Cassell with the Clippers from 2005-08. They recently shared some Celtics talk.

"He said to come out to get a ring," Maggette said.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-06-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #165
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, this would actually be worse than him going to the Spurs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #166
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

that just wouldn't even be a competition anymore. the NBA would be pretty boring.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #167
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Are the richest getting richest-er?

HAHA. It certainly seems that way buddy. But honestly I would rather he goes to the Least-ern conference, than he comes to our fellow West compadres, the spurs. I mean honesly, does anyone here really want to see a lineup of Parker, Timmy d and Magette, and Ginobli coming from the bench???

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 07-06-2008 at 09:40 PM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #168
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If we could manage a SnT for Diop, I would hope Boston gets Maggette and we push hard for Posey. The guy does all the little things and he's nasty.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #169
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he ought to take their offer.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #170
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant
HAHA. It certainly seems that way buddy. But honestly I would rather he goes to the Least-ern conference, than he comes to our fellow West compadres, the spurs. I mean honesty, does anyone here really want to see a lineup of Prrker, Timmy d and Magette, and Ginobli coming from the bench???
I agree that I'd rather see him in Boston than San Antonio (just because he'd be in the East), but I also have to agree with Jthig about Maggette making the Celtics a whole lot better than he'd make the Spurs (and that's downright scary...)

At least Posey would become available...

Pistons:

Quote:
Pistons Join Maggette Melee

link

Just in case there weren't enough teams throwing around Corey Maggette's name over the last couple of weeks, now the Detroit Pistons have added their name to the list. Weeks after Joe Dumars declared the Pistons open for business the team has still not found a participant for the blockbuster trade they've been looking to pull off. It now appears that free agency will be their primary means of improving the roster, though they don't have a lot of room to go that route. Like San Antonio, Orlando, Boston, Philly, Houston, Dallas, Golden State and a myriad of other teams, the Pistons will rely on the strength of their All-Star roster to try and convince Maggette that his best path to a championship lies through Detroit.

So what's the deal with everyone suddenly deciding that Corey Maggette equates a championship?

It's pretty simple, really. Maggette is one of the few players available on the open market who can drop the three (38%), drive to the hole and create a shot off the dribble, and also hit a mid-range. He's good at getting the foul line (681 times in 2007-08) and hits better than 80% once he gets there. Maggette can give you 20+ points per game, but also rebounds and gives you good hustle play. His attitude has been an issue, which is why he's out of favor with the Clippers, but the best way to change an attitude is to surround a guy with quality players and give him a shot at a title.

It's not a stretch to say that the team which lands Maggette winds up in the Finals . . .not much of a stretch at all.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-06-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #171
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Because Arenas and Davis not available, GS needs a good PG/SG! Eventually Dallas can do Terry in a trade with LAC/GS and Mavs...
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #172
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Maggette Likes Midlevel Offer From Spurs
Jul 07, 2008 9:30 AM EST

Free agent forward Corey Maggette appears to favor the mid-level offer from the Spurs in the event that he doesn't receive a more lucrative offer, according to ESPN.com.

He's still hoping a team with cap space, like Philadelphia or Golden State, will enter the race for his services in the coming days.

A number of contenders are interested in adding Maggette, but all they have to offer is part or all of the midlevel exception.

Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando, New Orleans, San Antonio, and Utah are all known to be interested.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #173
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Mavs barely get mentioned. It's like the writers know we have no chance of landing him so they don't even bother to mention us.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #174
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

My gut feeling is he's going to land with the Spurs but if not them then he'll be a Celtic. Even if we had the MLE availavle I don't think he'd be interested in coming to Dallas.

Hopefully, Maggette will go to Boston so Posey will become available to us if we can work out a S&T with Diop and NJ

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #175
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in the event that he doesn't receive a more lucrative offer, according to ESPN.com.
Let's see. He opts out of 7M a year to take a contract for 5.5-6M a year.

He got screwed by LAC taking Baron -- You know he expected a SNT.

If Dallas or anyone else wants him, they have got to have something that those under the cap want. I think LAC would play (but even that is questionable), but finding the other party is the problem.

If no one wants to play, call it three years at the MLE, but I would guess he would want a player option and SA or Boston here he comes.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 07-07-2008 at 11:16 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #176
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just hope he's greedy and he goes for the money.

Contact Me
Old 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #177
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

He would have mad up his mind by now if he was going to wither one of those IMO. If Pose leave then I can see him going to the Cs. BUT hes going to Golden State IMO. Brand will go back to LA...soo GS will offer Maggette a 10 mill contract. Thats what hes waiting for..and he will go there.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 07-07-2008 at 11:22 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #178
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Edit: Post in wrong thread

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 07-07-2008 at 12:11 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #179
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine GS or Philly doesn't offer Maggette a big time contract. He'd be a fool to turn the money down if it's around $100 million.

But it sounds like the Spurs are the favorites right now.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #180
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I can't imagine GS or Philly doesn't offer Maggette a big time contract. He'd be a fool to turn the money down if it's around $100 million.

But it sounds like the Spurs are the favorites right now.
Philly's offering all their cap space to Josh Smith. Only way Maggette gets an offer from them is if he still hasn't signed if/when Atlanta matches their offer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #181
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Philly's offering all their cap space to Josh Smith. Only way Maggette gets an offer from them is if he still hasn't signed if/when Atlanta matches their offer.
Anything but CM in SA next season...I was just getting used to the idea that Timmy could be getting old.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #182
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Idea: Maggette wants to a winner team and eventually he wants more than 5,5Mio. If LAC can trade Maggette, they will running back a good player..

LAC Sign an trade Maggette together with Kaman for Josh and Damp?

Maggette get 8 or 9 Mio,

Dallas become the very good german frontline Kaman/Dirk .... and ... Maggette/Kidd

LAC became a good roster too .. Davis, Howard, Brand ---
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #183
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Idea: Maggette wants to a winner team and eventually he wants more than 5,5Mio. If LAC can trade Maggette, they will running back a good player..

LAC Sign an trade Maggette together with Kaman for Josh and Damp?

Maggette get 8 or 9 Mio,

Dallas become the very good german frontline Kaman/Dirk .... and ... Maggette/Kidd

LAC became a good roster too .. Davis, Howard, Brand ---
First of all the Clippers would never do that deal.

Secondly, again, unless Brand signs with Golden State, the Clippers will not have the cap space to sign Maggette and then trade him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #184
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I think Maggette waits until the others make up their minds. He won't sign until he knows the money is already gone.

And SA will wait as long as Maggette is still out there.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #185
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That says a lot about Maggette. One of those teams could easily be in the mix for yet another ring next year, and two of them...not so much.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #186
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If teams wait on Maggette and we still manage to kee our midlevel then we should strike at someone like Posey.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #187
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
If teams wait on Maggette and we still manage to kee our midlevel then we should strike at someone like Posey.
if if if....but I agree about going after someone like Posey....again.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #188
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We got nothin but ifs right now.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #189
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
We got nothin but ifs right now.
I hope the front office has more than "ifs"

Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #190
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

Do you need to be under the cap to do a SNT? I keep hearing the Clippers can't do the SNT unless Brand goes elsewhere, but why can't they? Surely they have Maggette's bird rights?
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #191
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj
Do you need to be under the cap to do a SNT? I keep hearing the Clippers can't do the SNT unless Brand goes elsewhere, but why can't they? Surely they have Maggette's bird rights?
They do, and those Bird rights are counting toward their cap. The only way they can get enough cap room to sign Davis with is to renounce those Bird rights.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #192
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. I didn't realize that the Bird rights count towards the cap.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 AM   #193
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I can't imagine San Antonio not winning the title if they landed Maggette, which bothers me, since I think the Mavs can win a title next year right now .
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #194
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
I can't imagine San Antonio not winning the title if they landed Maggette, which bothers me, since I think the Mavs can win a title next year right now .
It's the offseason, anyone can win the title.

The Mavs as currently constructed can't beat the Lakers, SA, Boston, or NO in a 7 game, and would have trouble beating about 6 or 7 other teams, IMO.

Dallas just doesn't have an inside post force, or a superstar slasher. I just don't see them winning it all without one of those two.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #195
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
The Mavs as currently constructed can't beat the Lakers, SA, Boston, or NO in a 7 game, and would have trouble beating about 6 or 7 other teams, IMO.

Dallas just doesn't have an inside post force, or a superstar slasher. I just don't see them winning it all without one of those two.
True that.

Contact Me
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #196
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Ummm I think the Mavs can beat any of those teams....not easy...but can be done

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #197
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Ummm I think the Mavs can beat any of those teams....not easy...but can be done

GO MAVS
I can win the lottery as well, but the odds are stacked against it.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #198
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I can win the lottery as well, but the odds are stacked against it.
Still doesnt mean it impossible : )...your coming around

........GO MAVS
Old 07-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #199
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Seriously though the only team I can see us having a real hard time is Boston because of the guys they have on the team. But they are beatable as well

........GO MAVS
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #200
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj
Thanks. I didn't realize that the Bird rights count towards the cap.
And it counts in varying degrees:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#27

From how much you paid of a minimum salary to 300% a 4th year player coming off their rookie deal.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote