Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
i was pin pointing terry and barea as guys that need to go. why do we need 3 small gaurds?

roddy is clearly the future and hes the keeper.

im not sayin Lin is the answer, but to let him slip away will be a bad choice.

hopefully barea and/or terry are gone by the deadline or this summer. terry has a 5 mil buyout for the last year of his contract.
Indeed. Size does matter in the NBA. But I think the Mavs can retain his rights through a D-League stint and then go from there.

I also think this conversation is already goin on here.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
Indeed. Size does matter in the NBA. But I think the Mavs can retain his rights through a D-League stint and then go from there.

I also think this conversation is already goin on here.
He would have to be part of the 15 man roster for the Mavs to retain his rights. If they had drafted him, they actually could have asked if he wanted to play in europe while he got stronger and still retained his rights, but as a FA rookie, he would need to sign a Mavs contract that he can be outrighted to the D-League team.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 41mvp=funny bunny, bancad, ben&jerry's, cad vs chum, cadbane is always right, cadchokesondick, cadeatsshitcereal, cadhatesasians, cadreadsusatoday, chumbusey=oxygenthief, faking objectivity, getbackinthekitchenmary, getbackonyourkneescad, jeremy lin, jthig farted, lin = goat, lin-1 cadbane-0, mavsfanuofvagina, objectivehaterinhere, racism, return of the quack!, slow to admit, stuckonstupid, too many tags