Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-14-2001, 10:49 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

That was a good and close game against Orlando and the Suns tonight. I was impressed with the way the Suns played, not too crazy about Orlando's performance tonight though...but, that's getting away from my point.

Did any of you see the game? Ewing was unbelievable tonight. 22pts and 11rbs or something like that.

McGrady said it best, he won't give you that kind of performace every night, but he stepped up tonight and took care of business.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:52 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I love Ewing and it was good to see him do his thing lastnight. Sort of reminded me when he use to play for the Knicks. You know the funny thing is, I'd bet Ewing could have more games like that then people think he can, but it wouldn't be good for the team because they're trying to build that team around T-mac and Grant and if Ewing starts thinking he's the man, trouble could start.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:56 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the kid, ewing isn't going to start thinking that he's the man.
you always say things like that...get a grip.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 10:15 AM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I've watched that dude his entire career. Believe me, I love him, but that was the hardest part for him to grasp towards the end of his career in NEW YORK, that he was no longer the go to guy. There were times when he should have deferred his shots and he didn't. That's the reason he ended up leaving NEW YORK, because he refused to play for them for less than what he was making and New York wasn't having it.

Now I'd like to believe he's humbled himself in Seattle but he didn't have ONE GAME last year like he did the other night. I don't necessarily mean he'll try to be the man, I'm just saying demanding the ball more instead of getting his points like he did the other night which was mostly on rebounds.