Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photo montage from someone in new orleans

Very interesting photo montage from a venzualian (I think) youngster. To be honest I didn't realize that 2 days after katrina hit everything was hunky-dory. Folks even beginning to get back to the business of barbques and bars.

neworleans montage
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Photo montage from someone in new orleans

Why didn't the City start using those buses near the superdome to start evacuation people after the storm. It appears that it was some time before the buses were flooded. All the talk is about how the FEMA buses took so long to get there, but they had hunderds sitting almost right on top of the largest concentration of people who need to be moved. Could it be that local government was actually conveying to the federal government that the situation was not that urgent? I don't know, but I can't understand sitting by and not acting with incredible amounts of resources at their finger tips while at the same time blaming the feds for being slow in their response. Why did it take so long to order an involutary evacuation?
Old 09-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone needs to look at these pictures and read this guys account. It's amazing. Some points:

1. I can't believe that story about the guy landing on the white car. wow.
2. We were really lucky that the Superdome survived as well as it did.
3. Those pictures of the fallen trees at Jesus' feet are amazing. The hope it inspires is awesome.
4. Interesting that the National Guard is on scene in day 2. That's not being accurately reported. It took day one to hit and these guys were on scene the next day.
5. New Orleans police initially had things in order. Sadly, some of them couldn't stand the stress later.
6. That looter picture where the guy is getting his ass kicked by police is a good photo. More than just that guy deserved that treatment.
7. Those New Orleans folks who looted items not needed should be ashamed. THe photographer said he was embarassed. It's pathetic to see this crap.
8. It's amazing how fast the water rose.
9. "Help was coming in from everywhere" (Day 3). Remember that help was on scene immediately though. This guy documented it.
10. Obviously more hlep was needed than available. This fact makes me really mad atMayor Nagin and their Governor. They did little to nothing to help their people.
11. Nice ot see that Texas had DPS and Game Wardens in New Orleans during day 3 if not sooner.
12. Texas rules.
13. The author listened to the MSM and citred at least once where CNN fabricated their reporting. This makes me sick. It happens all the time and noone takes notice. This young man did a great job of reporting factual events and backed them up with amazing photography.
14. That lone fireman who put out the Foot Locker fire should be given a national medal. Amazing.
15. I am so proud of Texas and its' people and of this young man.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Nice points Doc, I would also add that this young man gives us far more detail evidence than the MSM, who only give us a very filtered version. Why can't our media give us the evidence and let us decide instead of spending 90% of the time with the media's interpetation of the evidence and less than 10% on unbiased factual evidence?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Photo montage from someone in new orleans

*Album Not Found* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Man that sucks. It was awesome. I'm guessing some liberal fool yanked it because the evidence hurt the dims so bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Durn it and I couldn't find it either...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote