Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 11-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #41
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO getting rid of Bogut isn't as important as doing whatever it takes to move Wes. If we have to give up any combo of Curry, Gibson, Anderson, Powell, or Salah to do it I'm all for it. As a rebuilding team we need young guys and cap room and if an opportunity for a trade arises, it arises. This is how the Celtics and Rockets were able to rebuild.

Edit: Bogut does have value for contenders this year, but I haven't been able to locate a situation/ trade that works. The Cavs and Celtics seem like the obvious choices but the only possibility I see is Bogut + young'n for Amir Johnson + second round pick, or so.
Unfortunately Wes isnt going anywhere. Bogut has no place on a tanking team and needs to go to a bubble contender ASAP and get what we can. He's not doing the Mavs or himself any good right now. Before December is over I wouldnt be surprised if he's close to being moved.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
-Edit- http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings easier to view picks from this site.

Here's an interesting one... Currently Sixers own Lakers pick and it's only top 3 protected. So in all likelihood it's going to Philly. What if the Mavs get the #1 pick just for argument sake. Then Philly gets the 3rd or 4th pick. Would you trade the 1st pick to Philly for the #3/4 pick AND the Lakers pick which could be a borderline lotto pick (12-18 area). This is a really deep draft I think that could be tempting unless one of these guys just became a clear best player candidate. Another one... we have the 31st pick in this same scenario... would you then trade that pick to move down 2 spots and get the 76ers 2nd plus the pick a few spots later currently the NO's pick(76ers owe their 2nd to NO's so trade would be with NO's).

I guess then the question is, how far down are you willing to go to pick up the additional pick? 1st and 2nd round.
I would make that trade in a second. No way 6ers do.

I'd be happy with anything top 5.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #43
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I would make that trade in a second. No way 6ers do.

I'd be happy with anything top 5.
Idk I think they could be interested. They do not need a big man because they are trying to get rid of one or 2 as it is. Maybe they still want Giles just seems weird to get yet another front court player. Especially one with an injury history and questions about his game outside of 15 feet. They probably just want someone who pairs well with Simmons. So likely an off ball scorer. But if they fell in love with 1 player I think they would be willing to lose their other 1st to make sure they got the guy they wanted. Maybe I should put the proverbial pipe away tho.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:46 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

61%-44%

Decent scoring. Just can't defend
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:29 AM   #45
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Not to derail the draft talk but-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nd-omri-casspi

Quote:
Vardon threw out the names of Deron Williams and D.J. Augustin as more realistic options. Both players signed new contracts this offseason—and are thus unavailable until Dec. 15—but are part of struggling teams that may be eager to shed salary and get out from under those deals.

The Cavs have leftover trade exceptions and a 2017 first-round pick they can use to sweeten any offer, though they're short on young disposable talent.
Please Cavs be interested. Please Dwill be interested. Please give us late 1st.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:06 AM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not to derail the draft talk but-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...nd-omri-casspi

Please Cavs be interested. Please Dwill be interested. Please give us late 1st.
ALL the picks!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #47
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Screw drafting for need guys, you take the guy with the highest upside. If it is Fueltz, it is him, if it is Jackson, it is him. I love Smith's game, but that ACL scares me.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #48
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
-Edit- http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings easier to view picks from this site.

Here's an interesting one... Currently Sixers own Lakers pick and it's only top 3 protected. So in all likelihood it's going to Philly. What if the Mavs get the #1 pick just for argument sake. Then Philly gets the 3rd or 4th pick. Would you trade the 1st pick to Philly for the #3/4 pick AND the Lakers pick which could be a borderline lotto pick (12-18 area). This is a really deep draft I think that could be tempting unless one of these guys just became a clear best player candidate. Another one... we have the 31st pick in this same scenario... would you then trade that pick to move down 2 spots and get the 76ers 2nd plus the pick a few spots later currently the NO's pick(76ers owe their 2nd to NO's so trade would be with NO's).

I guess then the question is, how far down are you willing to go to pick up the additional pick? 1st and 2nd round.
These are some interesting scenarios the Mavs should consider if things play out that way.
This is certainly the way the Mavs should be thinking and why I think they should start looking to trade anyone not named Dirk or Harrison to get any type of pick back in this year's draft even if we have to take back some bad contracts in the process.
The more picks we have, the more flexibility and opportunities Donnie and Mark will have on draft day.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #49
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

If you think that you are going to get a franchise player with your own single pick, you are not trading down...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #50
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Now I could get on board with Dwill to Cavs, but you never know. DWill might not/Dirk might not like that idea. Does that push Dirk into making up his mind to retire at the end of the season?

In that same article, it talked about Rudy Gay going to the Thunder. I think that would be a great move for them. I want to see Westbrook succeed without Durant (low chance).
Old 11-25-2016, 12:54 PM   #51
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Put me in the quality over quantity department. As far as trades go, I think Dirk has always understood that the organization will do what's best for the organization. Yes we need to consult him and make him aware of any moves, but to not make a trade that's good for our future because the Dirk likes the player(s) being traded is dumb (IMO).
Old 11-26-2016, 06:37 AM   #52
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hjkkrwoias

Ridiculous talent, looks like rookie Wade with a three point shot. Not as explosive (though close), but even MORE fluid. In fact, I think that ridiculous fluidity what makes him look less athletic than he actually is. So far he is easily the top pick, but of course it is still early.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-26-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:41 AM   #53
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Ball has a super high ceiling too, Smith too! Ball is actually an upper echelon athlete and likely the best passer out of all, but that jumpshot is ugly at the moment. He could still be a Ricky Rubio on steroids, though probably not as good on defense, but better overall. Smith could be the next CP3, but that knee scares me. Regardless, if we get a top 3 pick, we would have a very good chance of drafting a franchise player!

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-26-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #54
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

The more I watch Fultz the more impressed I am. Im not sure I love the Harden comparison, but that might be my pure blind hate for the Rockets talking.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #55
Melonhead
Guru

You take away the beard, the douchey flopping in the lane, non defense, and forget the fact that his name is James Harden, and there is a lot to his game to like.

I understand the comparison because Fultz never looks like he's in a hurry but knows how to attack a defense. I think he's the surest thing out of the players being discussed.

Smith is pure athleticism and already ACL. Not sustainable.

Lonzo wont be slicing up defenses in the NBA with his driving ability, and that jumper is hideous.

Now if Fultz isnt available when we pick, of course Im fine with either of Smith, Ball.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:39 AM   #56
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Fultz has looked really good in first 2 games. I think he's ahead for me personally. But Smith and Ball are not far behind, I like both of them as well. The one thing I worry about with Smith is injuries. He alrdy had a torn ACL in high school from driving to the rim. He's looks like he's totally healed but I really don't want to miss on a top 5 pick(if we had it.) So I'll just say I'm cautious about it, especially if he draws Rose comparisons.
Knowing how teams, and the Mavs, think, I suspect a Dirk look alike is going to get preference. Reminds me of several centers in the league who rose in perception just because they were from Nigeria....that didn't mean they were anything like Olajuwon. Some players there are only one of...trying to replace Dirk with another Dirk just isn't going to happen. There is only one Dirk. If Fultz brings a skillset, on his own, that makes him the best choice...great! But that he looks like Dirk shouldn't even enter into the discussion.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #57
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...904705993485-4
https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/...689984/photo/1

FULTZ SPEED AHEAD!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #58
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear it, I think Fultz and Barnes would go together really well.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban: "We're not tanking!"

Donnie: "But if we were..."

Old 12-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #60
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

https://theringer.com/washington-mar...fc2#.lewxwcrl0
Old 12-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #61
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I could see Donnie and Mark trading down for this guy:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/isaiah-hartenstein
Old 12-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #62
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I could see Donnie and Mark trading down for this guy:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/isaiah-hartenstein
Looks like mini Porzingis
Old 12-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #63
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Looks like mini Porzingis
I know we should take one of the top 3 but the option might be there to trade down and pickup two nice players.
If we could package up our 1st and 2nd and end up with two lotto picks it might be worth it and that might be one of the guys we could take.

Would Hartenstien/Ball be a better situation than Fultz/2nd rounder?
Not saying I'd agree with that but the number one pick would give us some flexibility and several potential options in a deep draft.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #64
Underdog

Quote:
Would Hartenstien/Ball be a better situation than Fultz/2nd rounder?
Nope... But it might be a smart move if Fultz isn't there when we pick.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #65
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
If you think that you are going to get a franchise player with your own single pick, you are not trading down...
Arggggg, unless you're convinced that you're "smarter than the room"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:20 AM   #66
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Arggggg, unless you're convinced that you're "smarter than the room"
That might apply to Donnie but Mark will want the sexy pick.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 AM   #67
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

http://www.lkl.lt/zaidejas/2382875/

Why are people still talking about Isiah Hartenstein? It could end up easier to trade 2nd pick up to get this guy. He is playing for Kaunas Zalgiris which is strong club in Europe, yet he is not even in starting five. Hard to imagine he goes before 1st round 20th pick at the moment. Most of projections about him were done a year ago, something has happened or those projections were too high.

He does provide defense, but what position will you play him? It is still unclear if Barnes ends up at SF or PF. If we are talking about drafting guy like Hartenstein, I would still prefer Lauri Markkanen who resembles Dirk more than Isiah + gives offense and size + is already getting basketball experience in the States.

WILL NOT GIVE UP FULTZ though.

Last edited by Thebo; 12-07-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:20 AM   #68
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody seems sold on Fultz in here. I kinda liked Smith. Smoother athlete. Purer PG
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #69
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Everybody seems sold on Fultz in here. I kinda liked Smith. Smoother athlete. Purer PG
It is not that people do not like Smith. It is that people do not like ACL injuries.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #70
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

At this point, it appears that Fultz and Jackson are the franchise players in this draft. Smith may be as well. Always remember, success in this league is driven by franchise players. Don't pass up those guys to get an extra better than average guy. How many times in the last 30 years have teams won with only above average? Detroit Pistons is the only one that comes to my mind.

As for Hartenstein, he really looks like an international and younger version of Barnes. I would love to have the guy but he's playing the same position and style. I don't see that working long term.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #71
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I'm half joking but Sixers should not be allowed to be in the top 5. They have had top 3 in 4 of the last 7 years ... and they are still at the bottom of the league?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #72
Thebo

Mavs also needs to focus on PG. Currently the market is really tight with them. If you are not getting Anthony Davis type of guy in the draft, then I think Barnes needs to have strong point guard to complement his game.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #73
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'm half joking but Sixers should not be allowed to be in the top 5. They have had top 3 in 4 of the last 7 years ... and they are still at the bottom of the league?
I think that that's legitimate. If you get four top-3 picks and still suck, there should be a "hopeless" clause. Maybe take two years with a top-10 protection. Other teams will rise and it will be better for the league than sending top talent to a crappy team who will stay crappy.

The league benefits from exciting new talent and teams rising and falling. A team that simply wastes talent and stays at the bottom like a mob hit victim at the bottom of the Chicago River is actually harmful to the NBA.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #74
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Mavs also needs to focus on PG. Currently the market is really tight with them. If you are not getting Anthony Davis type of guy in the draft, then I think Barnes needs to have strong point guard to complement his game.
Agreed.

Markelle seems like the best fit next to Barnes. Their games are very complimentary. Fultz can hit the three to spread the floor and he is effective in the PnR (Barnes is 70% when receiving in the PnR. A Fultz-Barnes PnR could be as killer as the Dirk-Terry PnR).

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-07-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #75
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Give me Fultz. Kid has such a smooth game, he makes it look effortless.

As for others: Jackson is a stud, Smith is explosive, Isaac could continue to grow and develop, Giles and Tatum will probably grow on most once they play, Ball is a playmaker though needs to work on shooting, same with Fox.

Not sold on Monk, Adebayo, the Euro players, Bolden, Bridges. At least not as high in the draft as we project to pick.

I'm intrigued with who we could get at the top of round 2, as well. Of course, like with the above, much can change up until the draft, namely who declares in respect to the depth and top of round 2. But guys like Graham, Hicks, Kennard, Bryant, Kingsley, J. Jackson, it could get interesting...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #76
MavzMan
Golden Member

Fultz really resembles a UCLA Russel Westbrook in their playstyle. And I would love to have a Westbrook to pair with Barnes.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #77
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Sixers did what they had to do. After trading Noel or Okafor and getting another lottery pick they are done rebuilding. Ah and btw i trade our 2017 pick for Embiid without blinking twice.

And we are heading into several years at the bottom of the league too.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #78
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

I'm intrigued with who we could get at the top of round 2, as well. Of course, like with the above, much can change up until the draft, namely who declares in respect to the depth and top of round 2. But guys like Graham, Hicks, Kennard, Bryant, Kingsley, J. Jackson, it could get interesting...
If OG Anunoby is available for our 2nd rnd pick we need to take him even though we are loaded at that position.
Another intriguing player would be Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk if he comes out. A junior at Kansas but only 19 (actually younger than Josh Jackson) and could be a long-term solution at SG.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #79
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
If OG Anunoby is available for our 2nd rnd pick we need to take him even though we are loaded at that position.
Another intriguing player would be Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk if he comes out. A junior at Kansas but only 19 (actually younger than Josh Jackson) and could be a long-term solution at SG.
OG would be a steal at this point in the 2nd. He's more likely to go in the 20s.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #80
Melonhead
Guru

Fultz
Harris
Wes
Barnes
Dirk?/?

On board with the starting 5, but that center...