Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold
Default Stupid Journalist Throws Shoes at Bush!!!

Dont know if this is reported yet, but an Iraq Journalist threw both of his shoes at President Bush at a news conference...Anyone have a link yet to this?

I say this as kindly as possible. I dont give a rat as* who you like or dislike as our President, but I sure wish I was there when this happened. I would have beat the dog shi* out of this guy. Seriously, I would never think I would feel so much for Bush, but I promise you, you would not want me there at this conference. You can criticize American Policies all you want, but when you attack OUR President, you attack EVERY American.

I am hot as hell about this, and would seriously put that guy in a coma right now.. You dont Fuc* with American people, and you sure DONT fuc* with our President. I dont know what has become of me with this event, but I feel very much angered by this. All those who want to make a joke of this, you can take a dirt nap..Seriously, that guy went too far on this. I feel he took at shot at me...Yeah, it was a shoe, but when I saw OUR President eyes during this event, I it seemed like he was a part of my family and I wanted to take action on this guy..

Link: http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/10543
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7GaazqdvRI

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-14-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of
Default Man throws his shoes at Bush

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...isit-Iraq.html

During his last visit to Iraq in this press conference an Iraqi journalist throws his shoes at President Bush calling him "a dog" in his language.

Great way to end his term.

I just saw the video on CBS although no one uploaded it on the net it will be posted later. But in the mean time check out those pictures.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 12-14-2008 at 05:05 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

lmao i just posted the same thing like a few minutes later

Someone could delete it.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 12-14-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 12-14-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
lmao i just posted the same thing like a few minutes later =)

Someone could delete it.
That was an insult not only to Bush, but to the American people.
I seriously felt so angered when I saw this that it made my heart hurt even to see it. I know it was just a shoe, but he attack OUR President. Our President is American soil in my eyes..
Old 12-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
That was an insult not only to Bush, but to the American people.
I seriously felt so angered when I saw this that it made my heart hurt even to see it. I know it was just a shoe, but he attack OUR President. Our President is American soil in my eyes..
True
It's a huge insult. You can't do anything about as he is not in America.
Now if this happened in the U.S it would of been even more disrespectful.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
True
It's a huge insult. You can't do anything about as he is not in America.
Now if this happened in the U.S it would of been even more disrespectful.
Yeah, I know he was not in America, but that is OUR American President. The guy who attacked him is NOT an American as well, so I think that is what makes it worse in my eyes.

If this guy did this here in the United States, he would have taken a dirt nap. That is an attack, no matter where this happens.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Well we should be grateful that it didn't hit him.
Bush didn't seem to take it that serious.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

That second picture is funny, the look on the other guy's face while Bush ducks.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Should hand that asshole back to the folks we saved him from. Maybe he could take a trip into afghanistan to report a little bit.

Maybe the guy worked for CNN before Saddam was overthrown and is pissed about his gravy train being removed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

"We will be welcomed as liberators."

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why those Secret Service guys were just loafing around in the back.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Did this guy get loose?

http://austinpowers.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Task

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-14-2008 at 05:52 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Wingtips of Mass Destruction
Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne View Post
+Rep.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

"honestly, who throws a shoe?"
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 AM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Was the journalist Ed Werder?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #18
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

That journalist has no sole.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #19
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I wonder why those Secret Service guys were just loafing around in the back.
I witness a very similar situation with a german governour. The governour wanted to give a speech to us and his "secret" service entered the house some hours before his arrival to check it for bombs or so.
Some students attended with rucksacks and the officers were joking what the bags would contain.
During the speech a student got out a creme tarte made a few steps forward and slammed it into the governours face; luckly about only 25 % of the tart hit the rest went onto the wall behind him.
After that we had some beers with the governour and he wanted to smoke a cigar. One of his bodyguards lit the cigar and the gouvernor grumbled : "At least this works"
This was one of the most remarkable events of my life and btw damn funny.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 12-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
What exactly is your problem with Ed Werder?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #21
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
LMAO!!!

What a hack job!!!

On a more serious note, I applaud Silk for his stance!!!

He and I have disagreed on the Political forum's, but I have to give him credit on his defense of the Office of the President, with regards to this event!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Would have been funnier if he'd thrown feces...

(but only because feces makes EVERYTHING funnier!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #23
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i think it would have been funnier if he had thrown a bucket of water, only instead of water the bucket could have been filled with confetti. that always worked for meadowlark lemon.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is what some people do with liberty.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I recognize that all people in the room were screened for weapons and such... But what horribly slow reaction time from the secret service. The guy threw both shoes before they even reacted! I can understand not being able to block the first shoe - but they should have been up immediately after that.

Bush had some great reaction time, though! And that dude must have been practicing at home, cause his aim was dead on.

I agree, say what you want about Bush, but this was an insult, plain and simple. I didn't think it was funny.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #26
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i think we need to think seriously about more stringent shoe control policies in the us, like background checks and five day waiting periods required before one can purchase a new pair of nikes. And Doc Martins? Probably ought to outlaw those all together.

sure, some will argue that shoes don't kill people, angry iraqis with shoes kill people, but I think we need to think more pragmatically and less dogmatically about our size 10 1/2 ammendment rights to have and wear shoes.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #27
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
This is what some people do with liberty.
The Iraqi people are certainly not living in liberty. Government owns them. 2,3 million are working for their government. The country is occupied by American forces and 89000-98000 civilians died during the war. Hundreds of thousand Iraqis died because of the sanctions, since 1998.

If you're talking about throwing shoes at people as what people do with their liberty, then you might be right, this happens from time to time. - Should we take some preemptive measures now? Outlaw wearing shoes? What exactly is your point?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Old 12-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #28
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Iraqi people are certainly not living in liberty. Government owns them. 2,3 million are working for their government. The country is occupied by American forces and 89000-98000 civilians died during the war. Hundreds of thousand Iraqis died because of the sanctions, since 1998.

If you're talking about throwing shoes at people as what people do with their liberty, then you might be right, this happens from time to time. - Should we take some preemptive measures now? Outlaw wearing shoes? What exactly is your point?
surely you admit that the iraqi society enjoys the liberty of free expression, of freedom of movement, as well as a government that answers to the citizenry that did not exist during the dictatorship of hussein.

the country thankfully is not "occupied" by american troops today, in fact the majority of the country's area is now without any presence of american troops.

one can argue if the invasion was correct, or necessary. however one cannot argue that the result, an iraqi society that does enjoy the above mentioned freedoms which were not theirs to enjoy pre-invasion, is a positive for the iraqi people.

look at it this way...do you honestly believe that if an iraqi journalist threw his shoes at hussein he would a) be alive the day after like he is today, and b) would be openly spoken about in positive terms by iraqis rather than how the hussien ruled press would have spoken of him, as if he were a traitor?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #29
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
look at it this way...do you honestly believe that if an iraqi journalist threw his shoes at hussein he would a) be alive the day after like he is today, and b) would be openly spoken about in positive terms by iraqis rather than how the hussien ruled press would have spoken of him, as if he were a traitor?
No, I don't believe so. You're absolutely right. Still, many many more Iraqis would have acquaintences that are alive today if it wasn't for the invasion and years of embargos. That might be more important to Iraqis.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I don't believe so. You're absolutely right. Still, many many more Iraqis would have acquaintences that are alive today if it wasn't for the invasion and years of embargos. That might be more important to Iraqis.
Impossibly to quantify. Sure some would, but many would not.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #31
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Everyone in Chicago thought it was funny and said that he deserved it. My teacher saw it and started cracking up in class. He teaches AP U.S History.

And dang Bush has got some crazy dodging skills. I bet they trained him.
Their probably training Obama right now. Their teaching him to dodge bullets.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 12-15-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #32
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everyone in Chicago taught it was funny and said that he deserved. My teacher saw it and started cracking up in class. He teaches AP U.S History.

And dang Bush has got some crazy dodging skills. I bet they trained him.
There probably training Obama right now. There teaching him to dodge bullets.
Chicago Annenberg Challenge FTL.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #33
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Chicago Annenberg Challenge FTL.
Screw off. I hate proofreading.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #34
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:

Arne,

What about the millions of people killed by Sadam over the years, could it be argued that perhaps we should have intervened as an INTERNATIONAL society sooner?

Sadam was Hitler all over again, yet we as nations stood by as if nothing was going on.

How many mass graves does it take?
How many torture videos does it take?

The guy was pure evil and needed to be stopped.

Pres. Bush Sr. missed the opportunity by defining the mission and restricting it to Kuwait.
Pres. Bush Jr. did not make the same mistake.

Obviously the people of Iraq, manipulated the Intel system to create this fear of "WMD". They capatalized on the terror of 9/11 and fed what appears today to be bogus intel.

However, once that intel was received, everyone...well nearly everyone...voted for action and had NO PROBLEMS with going into Iraq.

Sanctions were being violated...that is a known fact.

The WMD's appear to be some fabricated intel...but that was intel based on our own intel network which was seriously damaged during the Clinton administration.

President Bush Jr. had to act on that intel, as did congress at the time.

Once the decision was made to go in, we had to stay the course until the mission was complete.

Now, here is the genius of President Bush Jr....he was vague on what that mission was...perhaps because it could not be clear on the front end, until we were deep into the battles and understood a bit more clearly what would be needed to be done.

Now, he committed political suicide, sure, but perhaps it was more of a valiant sacrifice as he realized that it would serve a purpose to free an oppressed people and create a seed that would help further the freedoms of America and further provide long-term security to the United States

There are a ton of political things that I can learn a thing or two about, however I believe that President Bush is a hero and a true sacrificial leader who understood the dynamic and impact that Iraq has not only on the region, but on the well being of the international community, far more than those in the opposing party care to admit.

I view our actions in Iraq as purely defensive, and I believe we can thank the Iraq people for brining us in...using any means possible.

If you want to pin Millions of deaths on anyone, then put them on the originator...Sadam Hussein. Had he been humble and allowed the UN to carry out its inspections, had he not trained his sons to be little dictator terrorist who abused and murdered their own people, had he not ruled with terror over his own people...then perhaps we would have never reached this point in the global history.

Can we rescue all societies...not at the same time we can't, but those who are clearly a threat to America's securities and freedoms must be dealt with accordingly, beit through diplomacy or through military action...the choice is clearly up to these rogue government/nations!!!

My sincere apologies to those who hate President Bush and who hate his policies...however I have some very strong opinions and feelings as to how President Bush has been portrayed and I believe that in general, the thought process has been simplistic at best when it comes to judging his legacy.

I know without a shadow of doubt that there are millions of Iraqi's who are thankful for their freedom...they are also victims, not only of Sadam, but they were provided with a glimpse of hope in the early 90's, only to find us cut and run allowing Sadam to murder and abuse millions more until this time around.

Had we not coward down to the International Pressure and finished the Gulf War the first time around, we may have never had 9/11...

President Clinton would not have had the opportunity to tear down our Intel, and there is a good chance that in the original gulf war, we would have dealt with Osama and thus he would not have been here to orchestrate the hate that he has done over the past 15 or so years.

At the end of the day...let's call Sadam and Osama the evil ones that they are...let's not soil the legacy of a Great President such as President George W. Bush.

And let's pray that our next President can rise above the pettiness of this nations and learn from the mistakes experienced by Bush, Clinton and Bush!!!

I Pray that Obama will be STRONG in National Defense and that we will speak softly and carry a big stick!!!

I Pray that he will stand up for what is right, even if it means sacrificing his own political career!!!

Okay...I'll take a breath and get off my soap box...
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #35
Arne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Arne,

What about the millions of people killed by Sadam over the years, could it be argued that perhaps we should have intervened as an INTERNATIONAL society sooner?

Sadam was Hitler all over again, yet we as nations stood by as if nothing was going on.

How many mass graves does it take?
How many torture videos does it take?

The guy was pure evil and needed to be stopped.

Pres. Bush Sr. missed the opportunity by defining the mission and restricting it to Kuwait.
Pres. Bush Jr. did not make the same mistake.

Obviously the people of Iraq, manipulated the Intel system to create this fear of "WMD". They capatalized on the terror of 9/11 and fed what appears today to be bogus intel.

However, once that intel was received, everyone...well nearly everyone...voted for action and had NO PROBLEMS with going into Iraq.

Sanctions were being violated...that is a known fact.

The WMD's appear to be some fabricated intel...but that was intel based on our own intel network which was seriously damaged during the Clinton administration.

President Bush Jr. had to act on that intel, as did congress at the time.

Once the decision was made to go in, we had to stay the course until the mission was complete.

Now, here is the genius of President Bush Jr....he was vague on what that mission was...perhaps because it could not be clear on the front end, until we were deep into the battles and understood a bit more clearly what would be needed to be done.

Now, he committed political suicide, sure, but perhaps it was more of a valiant sacrifice as he realized that it would serve a purpose to free an oppressed people and create a seed that would help further the freedoms of America and further provide long-term security to the United States

There are a ton of political things that I can learn a thing or two about, however I believe that President Bush is a hero and a true sacrificial leader who understood the dynamic and impact that Iraq has not only on the region, but on the well being of the international community, far more than those in the opposing party care to admit.

I view our actions in Iraq as purely defensive, and I believe we can thank the Iraq people for brining us in...using any means possible.

If you want to pin Millions of deaths on anyone, then put them on the originator...Sadam Hussein. Had he been humble and allowed the UN to carry out its inspections, had he not trained his sons to be little dictator terrorist who abused and murdered their own people, had he not ruled with terror over his own people...then perhaps we would have never reached this point in the global history.

Can we rescue all societies...not at the same time we can't, but those who are clearly a threat to America's securities and freedoms must be dealt with accordingly, beit through diplomacy or through military action...the choice is clearly up to these rogue government/nations!!!

My sincere apologies to those who hate President Bush and who hate his policies...however I have some very strong opinions and feelings as to how President Bush has been portrayed and I believe that in general, the thought process has been simplistic at best when it comes to judging his legacy.

I know without a shadow of doubt that there are millions of Iraqi's who are thankful for their freedom...they are also victims, not only of Sadam, but they were provided with a glimpse of hope in the early 90's, only to find us cut and run allowing Sadam to murder and abuse millions more until this time around.

Had we not coward down to the International Pressure and finished the Gulf War the first time around, we may have never had 9/11...

President Clinton would not have had the opportunity to tear down our Intel, and there is a good chance that in the original gulf war, we would have dealt with Osama and thus he would not have been here to orchestrate the hate that he has done over the past 15 or so years.

At the end of the day...let's call Sadam and Osama the evil ones that they are...let's not soil the legacy of a Great President such as President George W. Bush.

And let's pray that our next President can rise above the pettiness of this nations and learn from the mistakes experienced by Bush, Clinton and Bush!!!

I Pray that Obama will be STRONG in National Defense and that we will speak softly and carry a big stick!!!

I Pray that he will stand up for what is right, even if it means sacrificing his own political career!!!

Okay...I'll take a breath and get off my soap box...
I believe in the just war theory. If you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself. Declare war, go to war, and come back home. No nation building and no policing of the world. The Iraq war certainly was not a defensive war.

And you will never spread goodness by the force of arms.

Fortunately the US will not be able to go on with its foreign policy like that for very long. Once the dollar collapses all of these adventures will come to an end. Just like the British empire came to an end.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #36
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
I believe in the just war theory. If you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself. Declare war, go to war, and come back home. No nation building and no policing of the world. The Iraq war certainly was not a defensive war.

And you will never spread goodness by the force of arms.

Fortunately the US will not be able to go on with its foreign policy like that for very long. Once the dollar collapses all of these adventures will come to an end. Just like the British empire came to an end.
I think Just War Theory allows war in cases other than self defense -- it does allow for the possibility of a third party coming to the defense of a weaker party.

That said, I never thought the Just War threshold was met in the case of Iraq Part II, and neither did John Paul II, a fellow who arguably has a pretty good grasp of the Theory.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Why are people bitching that it was an insult..thats what it was meant to be. After all...Bush has done soo much for those people.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #38
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The real question is: What was the Secret Service doing while Bush was being attacked? I thought they were supposed to act as human shields if necessary to protect the President. I certainly thought that they were supposed to immediately act to snuff out anybody that tried any funny business.

What a sad, embarrassing day. Not only was our sitting President insulted, but the security of our President-elect has to be called into question as well. If Bush can be so easily assailed, what is to prevent the same thing from happening to President Obama? What happens if those shoes really turn out to be viable weapons?

On another, unrelated note: Bush is still pretty darn athletic. He dodged the shoes with ease. I think he could have whipped the guy's butt, if necessary.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What could the Secret Service have done? Make them take off their shoes, like in airport security?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #40
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute