Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-31-2007, 03:37 PM   #41
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
I hate that Nash bottomed-out for us down the stretch every year, but somehow has unlimited stamina in Phoenix.. and I hate that I think he wasn't giving his all when he was here..
You know, you hear this all the time. And I used to think it. Hell basic understood "conventional wisdom". But is it true?

Did Nash bottom out in the stretch every year in Dallas? or did he just run into Mike Bibby every year in the stretch...?

Nash is better than Bibby by any objective measure... except seemingly "head-to-head" play. For whatever reason Bibby seems to have nash's number, and outplays him when they play against each other. Furthermore, the Kings and Mavs played each other in the playoffs EVERY year for years when Nash was here... Is that all there is to the "stretch fade" story for Nash? or is there more?

<I honestly don't know>
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #42
Xylus

Xylus will become famous soon enoughXylus will become famous soon enough

I hate the Suns because they haven't won the championship yet.

Everything else I like.
Xylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #43
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I hate how they always plays teams without their stars (boozer is out against them now, nice timing).
You know, on the flip side, it's like the basketball gods want to pave the way for the Suns and yet the Mavs just aren't letting them gain the edge.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #44
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
insulting offer????? low-ball nash?????
I hate how Steve Cash's money-lust has somehow warped history.
I hate how Steve Cash waited till he was no longer a mav to put in some hard work in the off-season.
I hate how Cuban is so often blamed for not wanting to give up those millions of dollars.
I hate how Steve Cash is never blamed for not wanting to give up those exact same millions of dollars.
I hate Dantoni's mustache.
I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. I put quotes around low-ball to imply that the point is debatable. I think it's pretty well documented that Nash felt that he was given an unreasonable contract offer from Cuban, correct? Honestly, I don't know whether or not Cuban low-balled Nash given the circumstances of the time. It may be true that Nash just didn't give Cuban an adequate amount of time to consider before signing with the Suns. My main point above was that I don't think Nash is staring at a picture of Cuban for motivation while he's running on a treadmill. Also, even if it were true, it probably wasn't wise of Cuban to say that his reason for not resigning Nash was that he feared Nash was going to break down -- though, I do understand why he said it.

Last edited by jleefilled; 02-01-2007 at 12:12 AM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
I think, for whatever reason, Nash did feel insulted when he signed with the Suns. It was probably a mistake to not only "lowball" Nash on the contract, but to go on record as saying that you did it because you question his durabilty.
Exactly, if the offer had been anywhere close maybe he would still be an All-Star instead of a superstar. To question his durability and show a hard working Mav that you think nothing of him can only be taken as a challenge for a professional athlete.

Quote:
That will motivate a professional athlete in his prime. And Nash was not just an athlete, he was an allstar.
Right on the money.

Quote:
And now he's the MVP two years running maybe in some part due to Cuban's "insult". But, I think people sometimes forget that Nash started to really train his body hard prior to leaving Dallas. In either his last year or the year before that, he came into training camp with basically a brand new body. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Nash already knew how he was planning on taking care of his body so that he could keep on playing basketball at a high level before he left Dallas.
This is an interesting point that I haven't heard, but I still think you are underestimating the magnitude of Cuban's insult to Nash. The offer wasn't even in the parking lot of the same ballpark. If it had been closer, who knows. I don't blame him too much for letting him walk, but at least make it a tough decision for him and show the guy that you want him back, at least then I could be upset at him instead of wondering what might have been if that horrible lowball contract had been a little higher.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:46 AM   #46
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban already admitted that he dropped the ball big-time by committing to the idea that Phoenix could only offer Nash so much because they wished to hold some money back to throw at a second player. (So, so laughable in retrospect--or, for many us, at the time. How ironic that Cuban thought he was going to get one over on a team that was trying to have its cake and eat it too, by doing exactly the same.)

There is no other word besides "lowball" to describe Cuban's piss-poor negotiating tactics with Nash--unless, that is, you want to include words or phrases like "disloyal," "naive," and "out of your realm." If you want to sum it up as "insulting," you probably won't find much argument.

The truth, of course, is that is was far more down to idiocy than it was to insult.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #47
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wait, how many offers did Nash get that were higher than the Mav's offer? Weren't 100% of those offers considered by most commentators to be gross overpayment in desperation of getting an allstar for 1 or 2 years worth of prime?

does "low-balling" now mean "not the highest offer on the table"? That's rediculous.

I hate that Nash improved his game after he left the Mavs, and I hate how that's fooled some fans into hating on Cuban, who improved the Mavs by letting Nash go.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #48
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Cuban already admitted that he dropped the ball big-time by committing to the idea that Phoenix could only offer Nash so much because they wished to hold some money back to throw at a second player. (So, so laughable in retrospect--or, for many us, at the time. How ironic that Cuban thought he was going to get one over on a team that was trying to have its cake and eat it too, by doing exactly the same.)

There is no other word besides "lowball" to describe Cuban's piss-poor negotiating tactics with Nash--unless, that is, you want to include words or phrases like "disloyal," "naive," and "out of your realm." If you want to sum it up as "insulting," you probably won't find much argument.

The truth, of course, is that is was far more down to idiocy than it was to insult.
There's also no denying that your favorite player is a loser who was more interested in partying with me uptown instead of giving it his all by working out in the off-season.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-01-2007 at 11:26 AM.
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #49
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

What I don't understand is why an all-star with no ring would need an insulting offer to get motivation? Shouldn't he have already had motivation during his years as a Maverick? I mean look at Dirk, he turns it up year and year and he doesn't need a lowball contract offer to do it.

To me it's insulting that he had a higher "gear" to go into, but couldn't and wouldn't crank it up until this supposed insult from Cuban.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-01-2007 at 11:05 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #50
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
who improved the Mavs by letting Nash go.
I've been tempted to say this, but I never could quite come to this conclusion. Back then, the Mavs had so much room for improvement with poor-fitting assets like Jamison and Walker on the roster. I think I'm still more inclined to say that Cuban improved the Mavs in spite of letting Nash go, rather than by letting Nash go.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
There's also no denying that your favorite player is a loser who was more interested in partying with me uptown instead of giving it his all by working out in the off-season.
*giggle*

The truth is always funnier.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-01-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have an unhealthy obsession, you freak.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That is hilarious coming from a guy who the entire board knows is obsessed with the nutsack of a no defense playing former maverick.

Come up for air chum. It cannot possibly be healthy to spend so much time in Nash's jockstrap.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

Who's the one worried about what's in his jockstrap?

Get over it, dude.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #55
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Let's get back to the topic on hand, shall we?

This thread is for flaming the Suns only. Take all other garbage elsewhere.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest thing I hate about the suns is everytime they are mentioned on this board I have to read another diatribe about how cuban let poor little stevie go and ruined the franchise. Damn it's worse than groundhog day.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #57
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been tempted to say this, but I never could quite come to this conclusion. Back then, the Mavs had so much room for improvement with poor-fitting assets like Jamison and Walker on the roster. I think I'm still more inclined to say that Cuban improved the Mavs in spite of letting Nash go, rather than by letting Nash go.
I think Nash would be pretty ill-fitting on this team. Especially if he remained without enough motivation to put in the extra work during the off-season.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #58
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

I think Cuban did in fact screw up the entire Steve thing. Having said that, I don't think it ruined the franchise by any stretch. We improved the team is so many areas that has helped hedge that loss. I give Mark props for improving the team after Steve left and that's why we have a shot at winning it all. I would be lying though if I said prefer Terry over Steve.

Quote:
I think Nash would be pretty ill-fitting on this team. Especially if he remained without enough motivation to put in the extra work during the off-season.
Nash is noted for his off season work ethic in Phoenix. So why would that be any different here? Nash could fit on this team easily. In fact, he would create more easy shots for guys on the team.

Last edited by DarenG; 02-02-2007 at 04:37 PM.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #59
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

1. D'Antoni's mustache
2. D'Antoni's smirk
3. D'Antoni's haircut
4. D'Antoni's voice
5. D'Antoni's walk
6. D'Antoni's holier than thou attitude
7. D'Antoni's "you've got to be kidding me" look
8. D'Antoni's name
9. The way D'Antoni stomps his feet and whines
10. D'Antoni
Old 02-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #60
Browser

Browser can only hope to improve

I hate the fact that the Suns are the only elite team not to loose by double digits
I hate the fact that the the Suns are number one in point differential
I hate the fact that the Suns beat the Spurs by 16
I hate the fact that that Suns have 3 players that made the All Star team
I hate the fact that the media keeps mentioning that Amare is coming back to form
I hate it how Doug Collins and Hubie Brown praise the Suns defense, as if they play any..right?

I would hate the Suns even more if Amare resembles his old self come playoff time
Browser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #61
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser
I hate the fact that the Suns are the only elite team not to loose by double digits
I hate the fact that the media keeps mentioning that Amare is coming back to form
I hate it how Doug Collins and Hubie Brown praise the Suns defense, as if they play any..right?

I would hate the Suns even more if Amare resembles his old self come playoff time
Actually, I think you hate the fact that the Mavs beat the Suns in both head-to-head meetings.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #62
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

I hate the fact the first win the Suns were 1-5, unconditioned, and remembering how to play with Amare.
I hate the fact the second win was a buzzer beater.
I hate the fact they are 75% better since the last time the two teams met.
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #63
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

"I hate the fact the second win was a buzzer beater."

I hate fact that the NBA doesn't count buzzer beaters as wins
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #64
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Suns cant beat the top teams in the league... Lost to the Jazz again.

They are morons' gold.

Last edited by Windmill360; 02-03-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #65
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
I hate the fact the first win the Suns were 1-5, unconditioned, and remembering how to play with Amare.
The Mavs were 0-4 the first time these two teams met, and a buzzer beater is still a win.

The Suns are 1-7 against the top teams (Mavs, Spurs, Jazz, Lakers) and are on their way to another good regular season for nothing.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #66
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Last edited by DarenG; 02-04-2007 at 12:10 AM.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #67
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
I think you actually hate the fact that you're lying out your ass on that last one and you know it.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #68
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...did they have their 3 all-stars and MVP? I think so. What makes you think that KT is going to be in that game at all with amare out there.

Utah has their ONLY all-star out and the scrotums can't take care of business. Not enough intestinal fortitude it appears to me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #69
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browser

yeah. I think that you hate the fact that you only have one win to brag about.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #70
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
Nash is noted for his off season work ethic in Phoenix. So why would that be any different here? Nash could fit on this team easily. In fact, he would create more easy shots for guys on the team.
I'm just following the logic that Cuban's oh-so-offensive offer was the motivation that prompted Nash to work harder. I think Nash is on record with that.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #71
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Iverson will be game-time decision against Suns
Associated Press

DENVER -- The Denver Nuggets were to decide at game time whether Allen Iverson would play Monday against Phoenix.

Iverson has missed three straight games with a right ankle sprain.

Marcus Camby and Reggie Evans also were considered game-time decisions, the team said Sunday. Camby left the game Saturday night against Sacramento in the fourth quarter with a left groin strain. Evans sat out the second half with a right ankle sprain.

Steve Blake also was injured Saturday night and needed 12 stitches on his upper lip. He was expected to play Monday.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #72
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

You've got to be kidding, possibly no AI and Camby? How lucky can the Suns get?

Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #73
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Well.. The Suns lost to the Jazz w/o boozer, so anything can happen. I'd be very surprised if they didn't crush Denver without AI.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #74
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

It was a lot closer than I expected, the Nuggs played well.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #75
Browser

Quote:
I have nothing to brag. I was trying to make a point

Last edited by Browser; 02-07-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #76
Browser

Default Good teams are hated and should be hated.

Quote:
I never mentioned being a Suns Fan nor did I diss anyone in this bored. The SUNS do deserve some respect. They are a good team and a better team than years past. For instance, you would not hate the Memphis Grizzlies because they are a bad team, unless they would always beat the Mavs (which they don't). Futhermore, some posters did not have valid reasons to hate the Suns. For instance, one stated he "hates the Suns because they do not play defense". If anything, one should love the idea that a team that does not play any defense, becaue they can be ran over by an offensive powerhouse like Dallas. However, the fact is they do play defense and should be hated because of their improved defense. Again, it is the idea that good teams should be hated, especially those that are considered by the media as title contenders. If the Suns had a better record, which they don't, then they would be hated more than now. Right now the best team is Dallas, they have proven to beat quality teams, yet it unfortanate that Suns are close to Dallas.hence more reasons to hate them.

The fact that they beat the Spurs, may be troubling. It may be a confidence booster for the SUNS... then again the Spurs may still have PHX number regardless of the loss. The Spurs have more expierence and will be dangerous in the playoffs. Only the Mavs have been able to beat them in a playoff matchup. The Suns are 0-3 against the Spurs, since Amare's rookie season.

Amare's comeback might be scary for the Mavs, if and only if he becomes as dominate offensivley as he was 2 years ago. However, Diop was not around 2 yrs ago and can be the key in putting Amare in foul trouble, thus negating his offense on the floor. Remember, 2 yrs ago Amare did get in foul trouble against the Mavs in their playoff series. To hate the fact that he is again becoming a offisive force is a good reason to hate the SUNS.

It is great for the NBA to have a rivalry, especially since no love can be shown between two good teams. The Suns have to prove themselves to be better than the MAVS if they plan to win a championship. While Dallas in my opnion, has nothing to prove. Dallas has already proven to be the best team in the NBA.