Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #1
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road
Default Nellie doesn't have a clue

Nellie isn't the only one who blew this season, Cuban had alot to do with it but my biggest beef with Nellie has been my beef with him the past few years. He gives his team no rythym. This playoff series for instance was ridiculous. The first game he stays with the rookies the majority of the game, then the middle games he goes with Najera, then lastnight he played Fin for basically NONE of the third quarter. He doesn't have a rythym and doesn't give his players any chance to get use to playing with each other or anything.

Message to Nellie, if you're going to go with the rookies, STAY WITH THEM!!!! You can't keep interchanging them and the key players. Lastnight was the ONE TIME he should have given Nash a rest more during the game because with the way he was playing lastnight you could just tell he was tired by the fourth quarter. Normally though, he'll give Nash his rest but he decided against it lastnight.

I have no clue what this man does. Then he'll go away from the hot guy and still look for the mismatch when a guy is hot, I just don't get this man at all.

In the end though, I've said it before and I'll say it again, NO TEAM CAN WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IF YOU CANNOT PLAY DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nellie and Cuban seems to think they can just add more offense to offense and outscore everyone but that is NOT the case! If they don't add some defensive players, forget it. Now they have Daniels and Howard who WILL play defense, if they can add ONE defensive big man, I think they'll be fine. I tell you what, I sure would have liked to see Raef on this team along with Howard and Daniels.

Either way Nellie doesn't have a clue and I for one won't be upset to see him go.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:03 AM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:Nellie doesn't have a clue

Funny thing is, Nellie does have a clue. He's tried to get good defensive players/big men. Just because he doesn't have them doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to build a basketball team.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Funny thing is, Nellie does have a clue. He's tried to get good defensive players/big men. Just because he doesn't have them doesn't mean that he doesn't know how to build a basketball team.
Exactly, NELLIE IS NOT THE PROBLEM! What ever happened to blaming everything on Bradley?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well he partly built this team. I can't even give him credit for finding Dirk because his son found him. Also my beef is NOT with him building the team it's with his rotations and schemes.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:44 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nellie doesn't have a clue

Finley went out with 5:48 left in the 3rd quarter. I think he came back in with 10 minutes left in the 4th and you know who Nelson has him guard? He guards Bibby the rest of the game. He only scores 4 points on him. A layup and then off a turnover by Nash where Jamison had to foul him.

The announcers on TNT kept praising Nelson for going with his veterans instead of relying on his rookies in the 4th. Makes you wonder if he would have done that a bit more in the series.